Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DLoEric
Does anyone want to do a quick photoshoot at dusk?
Hey Eric I loved the photos I was wondering if I could possibly come to your next shoot and pick your brain I have a Rebel T1i with kit lens so nothing fancy.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone want to do a quick photoshoot at dusk?
Depends where you're thinking at. But I'm willing to. I've been wanting some pics before its gone.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nu South
Hey Eric I loved the photos I was wondering if I could possibly come to your next shoot and pick your brain I have a Rebel T1i with kit lens so nothing fancy.
Yeah Sure, just let me know or pm me your number.

Originally Posted by tenaciousd199
Depends where you're thinking at. But I'm willing to. I've been wanting some pics before its gone.

Near Henderson/Green Valley area.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

You've got a PM
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
youre coming down to get that sti tuned ?
Nope. To get my liver ruined and my freak on.

The stationwagon just happens to be the best of my friends' cars to bring us all down there.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah Sure, just let me know or pm me your number.

what time you meeting up? I'm on green valley pkwy and the 215 at work
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
Very true.. But I think the search tool should still be used.. to save us the headache of telling what parts equate to what gains.
well, i just met up with out new member here. all i can say is that the search function would not be enough to help out. kinda reminds me of the first time i actually looked at your car. okay maybe not as bad. just have to rip somethings out. including electric BC, VAFC, and some other things.

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
what time you meeting up? I'm on green valley pkwy and the 215 at work
i would have wanted to come also but my car is a mess too. i live near the M resort so thats not too far from me. maybe next time eric.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
well, i just met up with out new member here. all i can say is that the search function would not be enough to help out. kinda reminds me of the first time i actually looked at your car. okay maybe not as bad. just have to rip somethings out. including electric BC, VAFC, and some other things.

i would have wanted to come also but my car is a mess too. i live near the M resort so thats not too far from me. maybe next time eric.

You bring up a good point.. my car was a god damn mess.. It's still got a rats nest of wiring under the hood, but whatever.. At least the parts are good now.

So whats going on with the newbs car? Good stuff?

*edit*

And will anything inhibit our ability to drift it with me on the roof?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^

well the cars previous owner was a do it yourselfer, VAFC install, apexi ellectric boost controller, the owner is confused on how to tune the damn thing. third gear feels like 5th gear at wot. custome DP with an unknown cat. upper charge pipe with an atmospheric BOV , looks like i seen a tap for SD, but stock ecu, IDK im going to try and help him out with somethings i got in my garage. but if anyone has a stock IX bov PM me . dont think he is down for the roof surf deal while we drift.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

well the cars previous owner was a do it yourselfer, VAFC install, apexi ellectric boost controller, the owner is confused on how to tune the damn thing. third gear feels like 5th gear at wot. custome DP with an unknown cat. upper charge pipe with an atmospheric BOV , looks like i seen a tap for SD, but stock ecu, IDK im going to try and help him out with somethings i got in my garage. but if anyone has a stock IX bov PM me . dont think he is down for the roof surf deal while we drift.
dang.. So wait, a VTA bov on stock ECU? Is his idle all kinds of messed up? Just have him pick up an APS BOV.. I love mine and it holds up to 30 psi pretty well!

He should also get a new DP/exhaust and retune that ecu.. at least get his system to a working order. If a 3rd gear pull is feeling like 5th, thats gotta be bad.. and really rich..?

Hows the intercooler? Stock IC? I'd upgrade that piece when he swaps out those pipes, since any BOV isn't going to fit that bung for 50mm besides a VTA..
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

yeah. VTA bov. idles okay. i mean if i vented my stock it would idle but yeah it is running pig rich. so maybe i can trade my bov and i get a new one? he is going to have to settle for what ever we can get a hold of . im thinking a stock DP and test pipe for now. also stock ic pipes but i have something in mind. even some stock pipes would be better. we will sell all that stuff to the honda boys. hopefully his safc has a piggy back harness and we can just unplug it and not hard wired in.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:25 PM

i wanna be in on the shoot! man i need to clean my car.

gtr just smoked me last night -_-
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:56 PM

yeah. VTA bov. idles okay. i mean if i vented my stock it would idle but yeah it is running pig rich. so maybe i can trade my bov and i get a new one? he is going to have to settle for what ever we can get a hold of . im thinking a stock DP and test pipe for now. also stock ic pipes but i have something in mind. even some stock pipes would be better. we will sell all that stuff to the honda boys. hopefully his safc has a piggy back harness and we can just unplug it and not hard wired in.
Hmm I wounder if i could assist. look at your pm.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:03 PM

Hey Alfredo you know Fidel still have my stock cat back if it is needed I still havent picked it up
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:45 PM

Y'all were too late for the shoot... bout to put these pics we took in post.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***