Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed.... you will end up spending the $$$ anyways
Old Jul 2, 2010, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by MarkS
Just got back from Dougs this morning after the Hallman MBC install and cranked up to 26.5lbs of boost.... put down 311whp/315tq

And this was kinda cool.... just an FYI cuz it was really driving me crazy..... I was having problems idling with AC on .... just put the clutch in and let off the gas and it would stumble hard and sometimes die... Doug said the map in the car was good so it had to be IAC valve or the throttle body was dirty.... Long story short... the TB was caked with nasty sticky black **** that once it was cleaned out idles beautiful and AC on and all.... also freed up the mechanism to move smoother.

By the way Akuma.... Doug will tell you that you don't need a wideband..... and the e85 tune with the install of my Walbro and PTE 1000 injectors was $275 or $300 giving him so much money lately i can't remember.... that's with dyno runs and everything.
somebody else was asking about the wideband. i was just helping out
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:09 PM

yeah figured that out too late.... thanx for callin me on it though.... heheh
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:36 PM

^^its all good. lol

does anybody run the fp green turbo?? im thinking of getting one in a few months
well here is my plan.. fp green turbo, act street clutch and flywheel, and 1000cc injectors

any input would be appreciated.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alfredo and carlos are both running the OG green..and the HTA green is even better...i would suggest getting a twin disc clutch though if you have the cash
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akuma83
^^its all good. lol

does anybody run the fp green turbo?? im thinking of getting one in a few months
well here is my plan.. fp green turbo, act street clutch and flywheel, and 1000cc injectors

any input would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
alfredo and carlos are both running the OG green..and the HTA green is even better...i would suggest getting a twin disc clutch though if you have the cash
that is correct, im running it and i am ready for an upgrade but i dont have the cash to do so. also plus1 on the getting a twin disc . if i could i would do that first. im not sure if you race everet, but if you can try and hold off on spending the cash and save a lil extra. i wish i did. as far as the clutch goes i mean. carlos has a green also i think he was going for an 11 sec run and he did it early this year i cant seem to cut a 60ft better than 1.8 partly due to wheel spin and clutch .
Old Jul 3, 2010, 07:35 AM

thanks for the help. im going to save up for the twin disc. i do plan on racing it but i still want it to be able to drive on the street. also do u have any problems with the green on daily driving??

might sell the civic for some extra cash..lol
Old Jul 3, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

As far as having problems with the green , No, but my car has another issue that bugs the hell out of me. p0172 system too rich bank 1. that **** comes on like 4x a day sometimes, dont know what else to do but save some cash and buy a brand new O2 sensor. but im sure that the green turbo has nothing to do with it. also there have been people with a twin disc that daily drive and have large turbo kits like 35R. i guess it all depends on how well your car holds up and if your tuner can make your parts work well.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MarkS
Just got back from Dougs this morning after the Hallman MBC install and cranked up to 26.5lbs of boost.... put down 311whp/315tq

And this was kinda cool.... just an FYI cuz it was really driving me crazy..... I was having problems idling with AC on .... just put the clutch in and let off the gas and it would stumble hard and sometimes die... Doug said the map in the car was good so it had to be IAC valve or the throttle body was dirty.... Long story short... the TB was caked with nasty sticky black **** that once it was cleaned out idles beautiful and AC on and all.... also freed up the mechanism to move smoother.

By the way Akuma.... Doug will tell you that you don't need a wideband..... and the e85 tune with the install of my Walbro and PTE 1000 injectors was $275 or $300 giving him so much money lately i can't remember.... that's with dyno runs and everything.
Put up dyno sheets! WEEEEEEEE!

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
get 1000's at least...youll regret getting anything smaller for e85
I am with this 100%.. Just bump it up. I'm at 1000 and thinking about bumping up.. then again, I have a 35r.. but still.. we ran out of fuel and had to limit myself with 1000's. =\

Originally Posted by LVmevo
As far as having problems with the green , No, but my car has another issue that bugs the hell out of me. p0172 system too rich bank 1. that **** comes on like 4x a day sometimes, dont know what else to do but save some cash and buy a brand new O2 sensor. but im sure that the green turbo has nothing to do with it. also there have been people with a twin disc that daily drive and have large turbo kits like 35R. i guess it all depends on how well your car holds up and if your tuner can make your parts work well.
Right here! I daily mine and it aint that bad at all.. =D

*edit*

Just loud................... all the time.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
alright so it looks like for MOD it will be Mario, Manny and myself leaving on friday evening woohoo!!
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hey dudes.. if you remember back to our conversation at Erics, did we decide that FIC was a good injector brand? I forgot if we were only talking about PTE or FIC too. I'm thinking of upping to 1250's and FIC's are going for 400.. which isn't bad at all.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey carlos this alex with the red evo viii was at the meet thursday I try to call the number for the "cams" but I get a mail box. what was he's name on the forum or do you have another way to contact him?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gqcode
Hey carlos this alex with the red evo viii was at the meet thursday I try to call the number for the "cams" but I get a mail box. what was he's name on the forum or do you have another way to contact him?
This couldn't sound any more shady...
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
Hey dudes.. if you remember back to our conversation at Erics, did we decide that FIC was a good injector brand? I forgot if we were only talking about PTE or FIC too. I'm thinking of upping to 1250's and FIC's are going for 400.. which isn't bad at all.
Jim if youre going to upgrade do it right brotha, get a double fuel pump plus the bigger injectors and upgrade your ignition if you havent done it already , btw did you get your headstuds intalled yet?
Originally Posted by gqcode
who me?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
Jim if youre going to upgrade do it right brotha, get a double fuel pump plus the bigger injectors and upgrade your ignition if you havent done it already , btw did you get your headstuds intalled yet?

who me?
Oh trust me, I've already emailed buschur about the double pump set up.. I didn't do headstuds yet but REALLY REALLY want to.. especially if I'm about to add a couple more horses with the fuel upgrade.. Oh and yea, I've had a sparktech ignition in there for about a year.. non-cdi but it fixed up my ignition break up issues..

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***