Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey have any of you had experience with Custom Powder Coat in vegas? Looking to get some rims done and they had the best price and turnaround time. If not, does any one have recommendations for places?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
^^ PCP did my IC pipes and valve cover. Great quality and fast turn around.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GEOFF[4G63]
Hey have any of you had experience with Custom Powder Coat in vegas? Looking to get some rims done and they had the best price and turnaround time. If not, does any one have recommendations for places?
www.snailmotorsports.com They do great work
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wont make to the meet lol figures
Old Aug 26, 2010, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

^why?
I may go if there is at least a few people going... just got off work EARLY
Old Aug 26, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bchappy
^why?
I may go if there is at least a few people going... just got off work EARLY
the day you can go i cant wtf lol i havent seen you in a while... i wake up at 2:30 am for work lol i need all the beauty sleep that i can get for this mug
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
anyone going to the meet ?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by gqcode
anyone going to the meet ?
i passed by on my way home and the lot was empty
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

If anyone is interested, I have a full works exhaust with downpipe and test pipe for sale. Would do a good deal for someone in Vegas since I wont have to ship it. Link to the for sale section is in my sig. 500 bucks takes it, thats 200 off!

@Stupidtuner - you still make me laugh bud, keep on talkin shiz it just shows that your still threatened by me

B, I just bought a brand new boat at bass pro so thats one of the reasons Im coming down! Instead of redline i'll be doing 60mph on Lake Mead with Corey, thats where Im going to get my new speed thrills haha
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:13 AM

Aww how sweet you gave me a nickname. I'm not talking "shiz" just saying maybe you shouldn't be selling your so called services to anyone since you're obviously not capable. And Chris, don't kid yourself, nobody is threatened by you in any way shape or form, princess.

You may have hacked away on a handful of evos over the past couple years, but for you to even be considered mediocre at best, maybe you should stray away from your 4hr road tuning sessions and focus more on the science of tuning, meaning instead of just throwing in a jdm mivec map and adjusting the fuel to look like a retarded monkey slapped the keyboard, use proper equipment to analyze and interpret data. Maybe your wideband is garbage and its throwing it all off, I don't know. But the fact that you prefer road tunes over Dyno tuning is in itself a joke. Sure, proper road tunes are good for getting a vehicle running and even making probably 80% of its full potential, but what person in their right mind wants a vehicle 80% or even 90% running at its potential? And then to say "oh yes, Its tuned" is just plain dumb.

Last edited by supertuner; Aug 27, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by GEOFF[4G63]
Snail Motorsports x2...they do great work
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

has anyone heard of scaling injectors properly?
I have now fixed two cars that just wouldnt run period unless you reset the ecu everyday because their trims where so far off.
Doug your tunes make power and thats great, I have looked over alot and their is some cool stuff in there occasionally but every car I have seen had some round about global scaling number in there. The cars driveability sucked. They went good but for a DD I couldnt do it.
And there have also been 2 that have been REAL aggressive on E85... 9* at peak torque on a stock 9 turbo is pushing it. But hey.. the car still ran and didnt blow up so maybe you know something I dont.
I have read enough to see what is good and what is not, some of your tunes are a little wierd but they make power, Chris's tunes look right at the expense of a little power.
No biggie at all.
I dont think I have heard of a car blowing up coming from either of the tuners so I guess that is good enough for me.
Both have had monster cars come from both of them.
Anthonys car made rediculous power on Cams,TBE,100octane.
And there have been alot of E85 evos come outa dougs making near 400/400.
All I have to say is Chris has always helped me out and is a great guy, always there to help, and goes out of his way to do so.
I have not personally dealt with Doug so I could not really say much on that I do know that he has helped quite a few people as well.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:07 PM

I've dealt with Doug a handful of times and even seen his work on a couple cars, both times not only was the map correct looking but the power graph was smooth and correct. It's pretty obvious he knows what he's doing. I've been tuning for longer than the evo has been in the US, I've seen what works and what is nothing more than hype, and I understand people are going to do as they please, but IMO charging people for doing things incorrect and half assed is wrong
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by supertuner
I've dealt with Doug a handful of times and even seen his work on a couple cars, both times not only was the map correct looking but the power graph was smooth and correct. It's pretty obvious he knows what he's doing. I've been tuning for longer than the evo has been in the US, I've seen what works and what is nothing more than hype, and I understand people are going to do as they please, but IMO charging people for doing things incorrect and half assed is wrong
Welcome to the American way, where everything we hold most sacred was built by the lowest bidder.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:58 PM

I'm not talking about buying a cheap knockoff (unless that's what you're implying Chris' tunes are?) I'm talking about a service performed. It's the equivalent to you taking your car to get aligned and them charging you but now, not only does it pull to the right occasionally, the lugnuts were left loose. When that shop was advertising, and people you know were gonna go there, would you keep your mouth shut, even if you did save a couple bucks there?

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***