Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats it!! im back handing the first midget i see on the streets! all this action in here FTW
Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you going to seriously tell me you have never experienced serive you considered sub par when people including friends of yours speak highly of the service they recieved. You opinion is almost always going to be different than others. If you feel chris, in this case, is going to hurt someone by breaking their car, then I can understand you being so vocal in your concerns. I personally have never heard of him breaking a car, or doug, or anyone else in vegas that claims to be able to tune cars for that matter. It gets old when you sit here and talk bad about him. tell your firends not to use him and leave it at that. You aren't responsible for everyone.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gexxer
If you feel chris, in this case, is going to hurt someone by breaking their car, then I can understand you being so vocal in your concerns. I personally have never heard of him breaking a car, or doug, or anyone else in vegas that claims to be able to tune cars for that matter. It gets old when you sit here and talk bad about him.tell your firends not to use him and leave it at that
That's exactly what I'm doing
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

supertuner... who are you.. pardon my ignorance...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bchappy
supertuner... who are you.. pardon my ignorance...
dun, dun, dun. . . .. . . . . who the F knows
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gexxer
are you going to seriously tell me you have never experienced serive you considered sub par when people including friends of yours speak highly of the service they recieved. You opinion is almost always going to be different than others. If you feel chris, in this case, is going to hurt someone by breaking their car, then I can understand you being so vocal in your concerns. I personally have never heard of him breaking a car, or doug, or anyone else in vegas that claims to be able to tune cars for that matter. It gets old when you sit here and talk bad about him. tell your firends not to use him and leave it at that. You aren't responsible for everyone.
you know what gets old Joe, the blow jobs i get from you
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:01 PM

cone dodgin' tomorrow night...silverton!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
^^ What time does this start?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2manyAWDs
cone dodgin' tomorrow night...silverton!
I'll probably just come out and do some watching again
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
you know what gets old Joe, the blow jobs i get from you
and here you said that new trick I learned last night was amazing. you liar!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
dun, dun, dun. . . .. . . . . who the F knows
Someone who hides behind a screen name. And I have a buddy with a piston thats broken in half to prove Doug has blown up at least one evo and messed up countless others with injector scaling. That blew up WHILE he was tuning and ON his dyno. Did he replace it or offer any comensation? Not at all. Thats all I have to say.

Tunes never take me 4 hours. Ive had a few that needed injector scaling that took me 2 hours + because doug doesnt know what scaling is. When a car is running so pig rich it pops and bogs in boost, thats not right. When guys call me because they took their car to him a month ago, guys Ive never even met, and want me to fix it because their car is running like crap. Thats saying something. I dont claim to be the end all be all of tuning, or a "super tuner". Thats your claim apparently, but who have you tuned? Do you even own an evo? Does anyone even know you?

As far as the road tune is concerned, a dyno overly loads the motor. On the street is where the car is driven, in real world, with the correct air flow going through the intercooler and the correct load on the motor. The rollers do a close job at simulating rolling resistance, which is what they were built for. It will never be 100%, you have that statement completely backwards.

Yes, I use a modified JDM mivec map with more timing through the curve. No secret there. Ive seen dougs tunes where the map wasnt changed from stock. I have a custom map for cams that you apparently havent seen (or stolen). My timing maps are smooth, I pride myself on that. We can have a pissing match all day long from what Ive seen coming from Dougs shop and what he has seen from me. Honestly I dont care. This is the last I'll comment, as you guys know I dont really hit this forum too much any more so I dont want to make a ton of waves. If you have more to say, feel free but Im not even going to come back and look. I know I do good work, Ive been told by many people they are very happy with how their car runs and thats good enough for me. I do it for them, not to make myself look good and keep a shop afloat. Honestly if doug learned how to tune and wasnt jacking up peoples cars I would have quit long ago, but I feel for the Vegas community since they dont have anyone to turn to when their cars are running like crap.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

where a good place to pic up spacers in town??
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

cricket cricket
Old Aug 28, 2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by BlueX702
^^ What time does this start?
first car on course by 6:30
Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

its damn windy today folks. hope that doesnt affect your times on that course , good luck .

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***