Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
let me ask Mike(boostn) he has a couple of turbos at his house not sure about the housing
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

ok so the last week or so ive been having some sputtering issues at low rpm, crusing. thinking it was the fuel pump, got a new pump and regapped the spark plugs to .022 thinking that that will make this issue go away and nope nothing. i did notice that brown crud build up on the sock of the fuel pump. ill check the injectors tomorrow to see what they look like.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twabtoxer
ok so the last week or so ive been having some sputtering issues at low rpm, crusing. thinking it was the fuel pump, got a new pump and regapped the spark plugs to .022 thinking that that will make this issue go away and nope nothing. i did notice that brown crud build up on the sock of the fuel pump. ill check the injectors tomorrow to see what they look like.
Yea.. definitely check out the injectors. You know all the issues ours can have running on e85..
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

yea i keep seeing the different threads on e85 issues..... ill do a boostleak test to see if i have leak somewhere but im thinking is not that, dont want to rule that out though. even going uphill while crusing makes it worst, afrs look pretty good at WOT
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by margie
Hey David!, i still have my South Coast Mitsubishi plates on mine as well. so maybe it was you that i saw on my way to the outlet!
Hey! yeah most likely I live on Bermuda if you took that way to the outlet my car was only parked outside for about 15 min yesterday funny if you did catch me within the time frame
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

yea i keep seeing the different threads on e85 issues..... ill do a boostleak test to see if i have leak somewhere but im thinking is not that, dont want to rule that out though. even going uphill while crusing makes it worst, afrs look pretty good at WOT
Hmm.. was it just when it was super cold? do you have a COP system? I was having ignition problems before I had my sparktech (regardless of gap) and when we went to Mt Charleston a while ago I had to keep it in 4th, as cruising was cutting out.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey Dynhamik, i saw you sitting in your car at the lvac on rainbow earlier today haha
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
hey Dynhamik, i saw you sitting in your car at the lvac on rainbow earlier today haha
You followin me? Haha jk. Yea I stopped by after work for a quick workout. Don't be afraid to say whats up.lol

Last edited by Dynhamik; Jan 19, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha, i could say the same thing...i think i was leaving as you were coming in

i wouldve said whats up, but i havent met you yet hahaha
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ fruits.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
^^^ fruits.

Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:38 AM

I was having a similar problem and I took off the UICP and found that my throttle body and the butterfly valve were caked with nasty sticky black crap.... got a big can of Gumout carb cleaner and a rag and cleaned it all out.... I also took off the IAC valve off of the throttle body and cleaned it ... plus the hole it goes into.... It's good to take the IAC off cuz all the spray and run off drains down into there anyways.

Hope this helps...
Mark
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by BlueX702
David, it was probably you that was in my community.

On another note.... I know it's early, but who's going to the meet Thursday?
I'll be there. Been a while since I had a chance
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:24 PM

I will be there tommorow too
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MarkS
I was having a similar problem and I took off the UICP and found that my throttle body and the butterfly valve were caked with nasty sticky black crap.... got a big can of Gumout carb cleaner and a rag and cleaned it all out.... I also took off the IAC valve off of the throttle body and cleaned it ... plus the hole it goes into.... It's good to take the IAC off cuz all the spray and run off drains down into there anyways.

Hope this helps...
Mark
thank you, i did that about 2 months ago. then i sent my TB to English Racing, to get my IAC for recalibration. i was going to check my injectors but i woke up sick this morning , ill be checking soon as i get better

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***