Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SOEuro
I'm down for a John Bradley tune. How much do I have to put down for a deposit and when will it happen. More info would be awesome
It looks like the beginning of April. Probably somewhere around the 7th as Lucas and Aaron will be in Tucson then coming here. I will ask Aaron to post in here when he can.

Originally Posted by King_Kong
Please tell me more, when, where, how much? What is he using to tune, what do i need? Is this for X's too?
Aaron will be able to tune any 8, 9, or 10. He can tune basically any engine management system except the HKS if I am not mistaken. They would be tuning at dynojet's facility, or doing road tunes.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
sweet. As for spark plugs.. what are you runnin and gapped to what?
Stock and gap to .020

Originally Posted by SOEuro
I'm down for a John Bradley tune. How much do I have to put down for a deposit and when will it happen. More info would be awesome
1/2 down and its all based on mods really

Originally Posted by King_Kong
Please tell me more, when, where, how much? What is he using to tune, what do i need? Is this for X's too?
Opensource, no AP stuff. I can tune 8-10 and depending on how much advance notice earlier Evos as well if there are any around.

aaron
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for posting, Aaron.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Stock and gap to .020

Opensource, no AP stuff. I can tune 8-10 and depending on how much advance notice earlier Evos as well if there are any around.

aaron
Aaron,
Thx for the reply. I've got the mods in my sig and "planning" on having DW 850's, Grimmspeed 3port, and Rexspeed downpipe install by April. Can you pm me the "Half Down" amount please? <----- For the planned mods and current mods.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Stock and gap to .020

aaron
stock plugs? oh snap. Aight.

Take a look over my PM when you can.. I'll shoot over half now, I just need to know how we're going to get from point a to point b. Hopefully you can shoot me over something to atleast be able to start the car and drive it over there.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
thank you gonzo i have been working out. hows the mother land taking care of you
This place is awesome, but it's time to move on. Back to Korea then over to Italy. I should be able to take the GTR over with me.

Anyone still messing with the subies? How's the drag racing and autocross doing for you guys?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

Does anyone has an after market Lower IC piping ? and brand that fit Evo 8 2004 please let me know asap
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Thinking about ignition again...

With all the new stuff I'm putting in, you think I'll need a CDI setup? I've got sparktech's non-CDI, but I dunno..

Also, will I have to change spark plugs? I'm trying to be prepared for english and don't wanna be limited or stuck..
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
You wont need cdi, Jim.
I wouldn't say that with such certainty Eddie. Running higher boost on e85 with a big turbo might warrant a need for a cdi setup. **** for peace of mind I did it on my build.

stock plugs? oh snap. Aight.

Take a look over my PM when you can.. I'll shoot over half now, I just need to know how we're going to get from point a to point b. Hopefully you can shoot me over something to atleast be able to start the car and drive it over there.
Jim you running a step cold plug now? With a cdi box you could open the plug up a bit and still avoid blow out...
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:30 AM

anybody selling / or any body knows whos selling LOWER HVAC PANEL???
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SMURFZ
anybody selling / or any body knows whos selling LOWER HVAC PANEL???
what lower are you talking about? If you need the grey panel that goes around the hvac and radio, I have one.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:55 AM

the BOTTOM panel that u will use if u put a dvd/navi (double din) on top

Last edited by SMURFZ; Feb 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
I wouldn't say that with such certainty Eddie. Running higher boost on e85 with a big turbo might warrant a need for a cdi setup. **** for peace of mind I did it on my build.

Jim you running a step cold plug now? With a cdi box you could open the plug up a bit and still avoid blow out...

Everyone is saying I won't need it, so I guess we'll see what I can do without it and just stick with my non-cdi.

As for my plugs, they are 8's currently and yea I bought the iridium tipped ones, and gapping was a ***** on em, so I just put em in. I haven't had any blowout even when gapped pretty large. I may swap back to copper though and push it down to where everyones saying I should go. (.20)

*edit*

On that note, anyone have some copper plugs?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Autozone has br8es and br7es copper plugs. $2.50 ea
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
what lower are you talking about? If you need the grey panel that goes around the hvac and radio, I have one.
I think he is talking about the oem radio relocation kit. Speaking of parts you have.....i might take that wing if you still have it. I miss my wing.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Everyone is saying I won't need it, so I guess we'll see what I can do without it and just stick with my non-cdi.

As for my plugs, they are 8's currently and yea I bought the iridium tipped ones, and gapping was a ***** on em, so I just put em in. I haven't had any blowout even when gapped pretty large. I may swap back to copper though and push it down to where everyones saying I should go. (.20)

*edit*

On that note, anyone have some copper plugs?
yeah iridium plugs can be teadious gapping. ive tried the other temp plugs but i always find myself going back to the og bpr7es copper plugs. this last set i even left the gap wide open on them .028 boosting 29-30psi without issues. Also i havent tried the iridiums on my own car yet, and i have a non cdi cop ignition

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***