Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynhamik
Hey guys. I'm picking up a daily on friday so the Evo will now be my weekend car. So excited. Now I ask. For those of you on corn fuel, are you all running coil packs? If I get the money I'm waiting on, I'd like to do the switch before English Racing comes down.
i was running stock coils for a long while when i first went on e85 26-28~ish psi on an fp green. at first i would get misfires and spark blow outs then twabtoxer suggested to lower the gap to .021 area and i helped a bunch. it also could have been my stock 2003 coils were a bit weak. Anyways, when i got my cop done i was able to increase the gap with no issues.

Last edited by EvoFredo; Mar 16, 2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dnguyen
Bought some parts from Map a few days ago and apparently they don't ship items together? I just received 5 different tracking numbers for my 1 order.
MAP drop ships a lot of their items directly from their vendors or the manufacturer. The multiple tracking numbers is normal.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
i was running stock coils for a long while when i first went on e85 26-28~ish psi on an fp green. at first i would get misfires and spark blow outs then twabtoxer suggested to lower the gap to .021 area and i helped a bunch. it also could have been my stock 2003 coils were a bit weak. Anyways, when i got my cop done i was able to increase the gap with no issues.
^-----this.

I run ngk coppers gapped to .020 and have no issues with spark blowout.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

what do you know about bpr7es coppers dropped rite in with default gap its working out just fine but my next set ill lower the gap to 0.25-26 area to make me feel more comfortable
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

I use the br7es. Non protruded tip. Boiiiiiiieeeee.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
I prefer where mine are.
Thats how mine are set up, love it.

Also- You all use coppers?? ****.. I've been buying iridium all this time...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Went out and took some night shots of the 05 RS this evening. Pictures were taken at around 10:30pm with a decent exposure time

Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

dude i knew i saw your car. i just thought you were broke down on the side of the road. . . . . JK looks pretty cool
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the info guys.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:49 AM

most of us who use cop system didnt really need it, I for one was just having overall spark plug issues. I havnt had one since the cop though.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by SOEuro
Lol. That's funny dude. Which one did you get
LOL yeah I did. It's actually the same one you had on except it has a picture of an X on it.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
MAP drop ships a lot of their items directly from their vendors or the manufacturer. The multiple tracking numbers is normal.
the waiting part blows....lol
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynhamik
Hey guys. I'm picking up a daily on friday so the Evo will now be my weekend car. So excited. Now I ask. For those of you on corn fuel, are you all running coil packs? If I get the money I'm waiting on, I'd like to do the switch before English Racing comes down.
what daily did you get,we should race our DDs
Originally Posted by B Fletch LV
So tonight I installed my mil.spec throttle body seals. Holy CRAP what a difference. One the old ones was broken in two pieces. If you havn't done a boost leak test to see if they're good I highly recommend you do so. I felt like I was driving a completely different car tonight. I forsee much better e\t's on friday
ive been wanting to do this for a while,did you AFRs change after the install?
Originally Posted by LVmevo
what do you know about bpr7es coppers dropped rite in with default gap its working out just fine but my next set ill lower the gap to 0.25-26 area to make me feel more comfortable
ive been running the BPR8ES, i tried the non protruding tip,my car didnt like those too much
Originally Posted by Dnguyen
LOL yeah I did. It's actually the same one you had on except it has a picture of an X on it.
haha cool man,hope to see it if you come out tonight,ill be wearing green
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

i fixed my boost issues with a few new worm clamps and tbolt clamps,and also swapped out my turbo XS RFL BOV for a crushed stock IX and it made a world of difference,but now im getting horrible surge. I dont even think the IX valve is opening:/

time for a synapse or a baller *** Tial bov
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:39 AM

Hey everyone! i was wondering if you guys could help me figure out this noise i have been concerned about for the past few days, if its normal or not. I have been searching the forums but didn't come across anything like this. I was planning on stopping by the dealer when i can.

I noticed that it pretty much happens after i drive the car around for a while and happens when im like a second from coming to a complete stop. The noise sounds like its mainly coming from the front of the car. It sounds like the noise when I am opening/closing my trunk.( not the noise from when the trunk slams shut, or not the noise that when i push the button to open it ) The noise it makes the trunk makes as it raises up, and goes down about to close. The noise from the trunk shocks you call it? Sorry if that was confusing, just trying to be specific. That is the best way that i can think of it right now.

My car only has around 3k miles now. Baby the car like no other. If there is any other info i can give to help, I'd be glad to. Thanks everyone in advance.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***