Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new DD. Gas mileage ftw.

Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

damn thats not a bad looking little car. but the real question is how much did you get it for? if you got it cheap and if its automatic imma be so mad. you know thats exactly what ive been looking for.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LVmevo
damn thats not a bad looking little car. but the real question is how much did you get it for? if you got it cheap and if its automatic imma be so mad. you know thats exactly what ive been looking for.
Don't you already have a gas saver in your garage
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Kind of funny how most of us evo owners have civics as daily drivers.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
Don't you already have a gas saver in your garage
nah bro mines not a daily driver, you dont save much gas reving it to 9K plus i dont feel comfortable even leaving that car in a grocery store parking lot, too many punk as$ honda theives in vegas so i hardly drive that car. thats one reason i would like to sell it.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:33 AM

I'd love to get a DD... But being my age insurance companies really like to screw me over.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'm looking to buy an oem x intercooler. Anyone has one pm me!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

nah bro mines not a daily driver, you dont save much gas reving it to 9K plus i dont feel comfortable even leaving that car in a grocery store parking lot, too many punk as$ honda theives in vegas so i hardly drive that car. thats one reason i would like to sell it.
I'm just messing around.your Honda is a beast haha

My Nissan dd might need a new clutch. I let my friend drive it, cause she wrecked her car. I'm so sick of spending money on cars.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 07:15 AM

Thanks bro. I got it for $2300. And yes, it's an auto with AC and power everything. Great cruising car for work and school. Not sure how often I'm gonna take the evo out now. haha. Tell you what. The Evo will feel MUCH faster after driving this 85whp beast for a while. lmao.

Leaning towards 100 again since the evo might be sitting for a couple weeks at a time. Eh,not sure yet.

When is English Racing coming down? Can I get the details on that again? Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by teribble
There's NO WAY you should be having spark problems with only 25lbs. Did you install new plugs before the tune? You could have a coil that's going out or old plugs. I have stock coils you can try. They're a few years newer then yours.
Not having any spark issues at 25psi.... when it started pushing 28psi is when it got bad.... at 25 it fricken rox! huge difference....

The idle on the S1 cams is nice too.... and the green makes whirring sound like a faint police siren from far away when it starts spooling .... LOL... that sound had me looking over my shoulder for cops.... prolly a good thing...hehe
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dynhamik
The new DD. Gas mileage ftw.
That's a nice DD to be cruising around in .... check out that old Porche 928 across the street ... looks pretty clean in the pic... don't see many of those around anymore
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Lol. Not that loud anymore, Jim.
no longer an external dump? Wtf? That thing was a beast.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by B Fletch LV
I'd love to get a DD... But being my age insurance companies really like to screw me over.
If you dont mind, what are you paying for insurance? Im 35, no accidents, and the cheapest I could find insurance for my 2008 evo x is around 160$.... a month. All the large companys want 190-210$ a month for my car. Not sure what others are paying in this "stupid driver" town. I dont really understand why my subi was 80$ a month full coverage, and my evo x is double....but if anyone knows a cheap company to go with please speak up...
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chewyobaca
If you dont mind, what are you paying for insurance? Im 35, no accidents, and the cheapest I could find insurance for my 2008 evo x is around 160$.... a month. All the large companys want 190-210$ a month for my car. Not sure what others are paying in this "stupid driver" town. I dont really understand why my subi was 80$ a month full coverage, and my evo x is double....but if anyone knows a cheap company to go with please speak up...
my evo 8 is 80 bucks.. the rsx and evo together, with some life insurance, is around 140 bucks a month..

oh.. and to answer your question you asked him.. I've got state farm.

Last edited by DJJimGreen; Mar 19, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chewyobaca
one of the cheapest in my experience is state farm.

im 24 and with a couple of other insurance plans, my total bill a month is just barely over what you pay.

of course i also have every discount i can have. accident free, safe driver, clean record, etc (craig p kenny ftw! lol)

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***