Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manyAWDs
King Kong.....you work in TRACON? Bonanza for instrument rating...nice!

(me..Director of Ops - Vision (VGT))
Yes, that's freaking cool! I still have to come over there for a tour of NTown. I will let ya know when they get around to sending me over there.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 05:48 PM

Hit me up! We have 2 other evo x owners here too... I started that fad (after all my subies)

-Aaron
Old Apr 5, 2011, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lucas English
780s are way small for a good EVOIII on e85. 780s top out around 360whp on our Dyno on E85 and Evey E85 EVOIII 16g car should do over 400whp on our Dyno with the right supporting mods. So I would get some 1000s so you can crank it the rest of the way up Spike 31psi drop to 25psi. If Doug's Dyno reads like Dave's which I think it does 360whp should be about the same as 400whp on a dyno jet.

Was talking with aaron kinda of think its a little late notice for a down payment. We are going to be there no matter what so paying after the tune is fine.

You can call our text my cell phone if you have questions or want a tune. 360-901-3112

This trip is more of a excuse to fly the Bonanza around.
I plan on doing some 1000cc injectors with my evo ecu setup probably soon along with some 264/272 or 272/272 hks cams...

Originally Posted by Lucas English
Missed the stock side mount in the mods. Well thats pretty good for stock Side mount. Think the most I ever got out of the Sand Talon with stock side mount was 350whp.
ya I have more room but the smic gets heat soaked very quickly. I am tore between keeping the car stock looking with a supra smic or doing a fmic setup.

dont forget this car has 179k miles. Not exactly a young pup anymore...
Old Apr 5, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1slowevo
I plan on doing some 1000cc injectors with my evo ecu setup probably soon along with some 264/272 or 272/272 hks cams...

ya I have more room but the smic gets heat soaked very quickly. I am tore between keeping the car stock looking with a supra smic or doing a fmic setup.

dont forget this car has 179k miles. Not exactly a young pup anymore...
neither is the driver

Old Apr 5, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
neither is the driver

heyooooooooooo!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

neither is the driver

hey hey, I am only 27

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
heyooooooooooo!
zing!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

so I'm perturbed, borderline pissed off.

lemme set the scene...

A few weeks ago my wife's ex came over and got an extremely large entertainment center out of our garage for his new house. It went into the oldest kids room and i was at work when they did this. I wasn't there and I do not ever open the garage door as we onlyuse it for storage. Well tonight I go out there to get our double stroller as we are taking a long trip this week. I hit the garage door button and the motor comes on but nothing happens. I look and i can see the chain is disconnected. I go over to the door and notice that the release is stuck open. i have no idea how long garage door has been wide open, but there is stuff missing.

I had a box full of misc wires for both home and car audio. My AGP FMIX for the X and three tool kits have all been stolen out of the garage. The kits I know were threre three days ago as I was using them. I also know the side door for the garage is always locked, because I always check it both in the morning and night when I walk by it.

the problem I have is that I have no idea if the release was done when they were moving stuff out, or if someone used a hanger or something to pop the release. Either way I'm out about 1200$ worth of stuff that I'll most likely never get back. That being said, they def only took stuff they could carry quietly. and they were in and out as they please for however long it has been open.

reporting it wont really do anything. the tool kits I have had for YEARS and the FMIC I got from agp on a "friendly" under the table cash deal from the owner, so I dont have reciepts for anything. I would love to catch them trying to get in again or trying to sell the FMIC ( it's easy to spot, it has marks on it that I put on it when I installed it )
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:05 PM

any of you play (super) street fighter 4 or MVC3 on psn?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by akuma83
edited...

Sorry to hear that bro. I've never had a problem dealing with them,and I have many of their parts.

Last edited by Nsomniac; Apr 7, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by akuma83
edited...
I just sent them a payment this morning. I'll let you know what happens

Last edited by Nsomniac; Apr 7, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:53 PM

call ER, and pay over the phone. i believe they will be using the dyno. why would you rather do a road tune
Thanks! I figured since it will be drivien on the road it would be better to do a road tune...Guess not
Old Apr 6, 2011, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gexxer

lemme set the scene...

A few weeks ago my wife's ex came over and got an extremely large entertainment center out of our garage for his new house. It went into the oldest kids room and i was at work when they did this. I wasn't there and I do not ever open the garage door as we onlyuse it for storage. Well tonight I go out there to get our double stroller as we are taking a long trip this week. I hit the garage door button and the motor comes on but nothing happens. I look and i can see the chain is disconnected. I go over to the door and notice that the release is stuck open. i have no idea how long garage door has been wide open, but there is stuff missing.

I had a box full of misc wires for both home and car audio. My AGP FMIX for the X and three tool kits have all been stolen out of the garage. The kits I know were threre three days ago as I was using them. I also know the side door for the garage is always locked, because I always check it both in the morning and night when I walk by it.

the problem I have is that I have no idea if the release was done when they were moving stuff out, or if someone used a hanger or something to pop the release. Either way I'm out about 1200$ worth of stuff that I'll most likely never get back. That being said, they def only took stuff they could carry quietly. and they were in and out as they please for however long it has been open.

reporting it wont really do anything. the tool kits I have had for YEARS and the FMIC I got from agp on a "friendly" under the table cash deal from the owner, so I dont have reciepts for anything. I would love to catch them trying to get in again or trying to sell the FMIC ( it's easy to spot, it has marks on it that I put on it when I installed it )
homeowners/renters insurance
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Road tuning is fine and can be better in some ways. As long as I am not driving I am ok with it. I used to tune all cars on the road and 90% of the time they were with in 5hp of peak when they hit the dyno. The nice thing about the dyno and it being a dynojet. We have tuned over 500+ different EVOs on Dynojets and know what mods make for power so it allows us to know if your car has a something wrong or a bad combo of parts. It then allows us to give you the right direction for the next mod path. On the street we get the # in the tune right but it does not mean the car is right.

Originally Posted by Dnguyen
Thanks! I figured since it will be drivien on the road it would be better to do a road tune...Guess not
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:20 AM

lemme set the scene...

I had a similar experience at my other house so I feel ya... My homeowners insurance covered most of the stuff even without receipts.. good luck man
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lemme set the scene...

damn bro. sorry to hear that , that fawking sucks. how positive are you that it was the ex, i know the signs are there since he was the last one there.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***