Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no boost

whats up every one i want to see if u can help me.. my evo will not boost at all i can hear turbo start to spool but when its time to boost it just starts like stalling tried gunning it and still no boost any one know what it might be ?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by maevo8
whats up every one i want to see if u can help me.. my evo will not boost at all i can hear turbo start to spool but when its time to boost it just starts like stalling tried gunning it and still no boost any one know what it might be ?
Check your EGR
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you mean when by 'when it's time to boost'? You mean the turbo is making no boost at all?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by teribble
Check your EGR
exactly some kind of turbo pipe coupler blew off after the maf. check all your connections at the intercooler inlet all the way up to the throtle body and vacumm lines. good luck
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

checked all that everything is in usually its my uicp that comes off but not today .
Originally Posted by LVmevo
exactly some kind of turbo pipe coupler blew off after the maf. check all your connections at the intercooler inlet all the way up to the throtle body and vacumm lines. good luck
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

u know like when ur stepping on it and u can feel the bosst gonna kick in it doesnt my boost gauge just stays under the 1 bar ..
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
What do you mean when by 'when it's time to boost'? You mean the turbo is making no boost at all?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

so are you getting a check engine light? check the code if you have access to an obdII scan tool. too bad you werent closer to vegas otherwise someone could come out and help out
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

no check engine on it i runs good untill i try to step on it it wont boost .. ya sux im way out here ..
Originally Posted by LVmevo
so are you getting a check engine light? check the code if you have access to an obdII scan tool. too bad you werent closer to vegas otherwise someone could come out and help out
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

think i found problem .. forgot about middle coupler on uicp seems like its loose and the pipe isnt in all the way .. hope thats what it is .
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by maevo8
no check engine on it i runs good untill i try to step on it it wont boost .. ya sux im way out here ..
check to see if your MAF honeycomb is wedged in your turbo?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:20 PM

Sounds like the problem I had for a month. My car would not boost past 4-5psi. Erick and I checked EVERYTHING. Fixed a **** ton of boost leaks, pressure tested to like 35psi, bypassed the boost solenoid, and even clamped the waste gate closed. Still only hit 5psi.

I noticed a rattling in my exhaust, I thought my flapper valve had broken off and was rattling around in my exhaust. So I pulled the cat off and behold, my hi-flow cat was completely destroyed. It looked like a layer of it had broken apart and completely clogged the rest of the cat up. So I hollowed the rest of it out, bolted it back up and went for a drive, with the waste gate still clamped closed. It's a very good thing that I have a boost gauge Boost is back after the cat was cleared!

anyway.
Check your cat perhaps.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

i dont have a cat in mine i out in a perrin test pipe.. but im thinking it might b the uicp ill check it out after work .
Originally Posted by Keoki
Sounds like the problem I had for a month. My car would not boost past 4-5psi. Erick and I checked EVERYTHING. Fixed a **** ton of boost leaks, pressure tested to like 35psi, bypassed the boost solenoid, and even clamped the waste gate closed. Still only hit 5psi.

I noticed a rattling in my exhaust, I thought my flapper valve had broken off and was rattling around in my exhaust. So I pulled the cat off and behold, my hi-flow cat was completely destroyed. It looked like a layer of it had broken apart and completely clogged the rest of the cat up. So I hollowed the rest of it out, bolted it back up and went for a drive, with the waste gate still clamped closed. It's a very good thing that I have a boost gauge Boost is back after the cat was cleared!

anyway.
Check your cat perhaps.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which bov do you have. It might be stuck open...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

evo 9
Originally Posted by SOEuro
Which bov do you have. It might be stuck open...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...r-5-psi-2.html

so here is what my car does i checked all piping everything is on good nothing loose anywhere ..

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***