Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynhamik
Dude...lol. Here's why I haven't done one yet. Before the dyno I was at 20psi tapering to 18psi,which is normal. Now at 30psi, it's dropping to 15psi with no change in mods,which leads me to believe, it's being caused by either the old forge not holding high boost or the wastegate not holding high boost. Also the hks may not be great for 30psi. I have all the replacement parts to test already to see if it solves the problem. I want to check those first,before I spend money on the materials needed for a leak test. I'll be doing a test run tomorrow to see how the Hallman works.
sounds more like youre not holding boost due to a leak then anything else... a boost leak test parts will cause at the most $12 just need a compressor. also get rid of that BOV just get a stock 9 BOV and crush it...

Last edited by twabtoxer; Apr 23, 2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah dude...a boost leak test is something you shouldve done well before the dyno.

and im sure a few of us already have testers...all you had to do was post up and ask
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

That's what I'm saying man, I've got two leak testers chilling in my garage, and I've got access to an air system. If you wantto do one , let me know. I'm not gonna charge you lol
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate the help guys. The car is at the shop right now. If you guys happen to be on that side of town and could meet me somewhere so I could borrow the tester, i'd appreciate it. And I didn't even consider a leak test before the dyno,because it didn't show any issues. And I'm not crushing the stock bov. It's some what of a show car too.lol. I'll splurge on a synapse or APS. lol
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I appreciate the help guys. The car is at the shop right now. If you guys happen to be on that side of town and could meet me somewhere so I could borrow the tester, i'd appreciate it. And I didn't even consider a leak test before the dyno,because it didn't show any issues. And I'm not crushing the stock bov. It's some what of a show car too.lol. I'll splurge on a synapse or APS. lol
thats the beauty of turning your boost up. you never know where or when the boost leak is coming from. you may want to replace your shaft seals from your throttle body aswell. you get lots of leaks from there good luck
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

And you can't rely on your boost gauge to tell you if you have a leak. If you have a major leak, your gauge may say you're spiking 20lbs, but the turbo is actually spiking a lot higher
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

anyone have transmission fluid for sale ? i ne
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

I feel kinda bad for not letting you in on a few helpful tips on how to prep your car for a dyno session. i guess i was too wrapped up in preparing my own car I wasnt worried about anything else. I figured the shop had you covered. I have a crushed bov you can borrow if you would like to test it it doesnt look bad if your worried about show status, you should try and clean up that engine bay to look like the exterior. lmk if I can lend a hand.
Originally Posted by monkeyevo
anyone have transmission fluid for sale ? i ne
a local shop speed labs in town sells eneos , ive used that before. Also for a bit more you can hit up redline light weight shock proof or other redline trans fluid. meyers and soCal speed shop carries .

Last edited by EvoFredo; Apr 23, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

^^ thank you, how about shop to install clutch ? reasonable price !
Old Apr 23, 2011, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

^^ thank you, how about shop to install clutch ? Reasonable price !
pm'ed

Last edited by EvoFredo; Apr 23, 2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

^^ thanks Alfredo for you help!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

anyone interested in WW JDM rear bumper and JDM 8 tail light ? if so please let me know

I need stock evo 9 taillight ( great condition for trade + 350 for JDM 8 tailight )

thanks guys 702-606-0637 Paul
Pm sent paul
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:43 PM

Well the test is done...Good news is, it's what we figured in the first place. The HKS isn't holding. When we were pumping air in, the valve stayed open on the bov and was blowing air out. So yea, good news is, we found it. Bad news is, the car will probably be sitting for a while because now I need a short route upper and new bov. FML...lol
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Well the test is done...Good news is, it's what we figured in the first place. The HKS isn't holding. When we were pumping air in, the valve stayed open on the bov and was blowing air out. So yea, good news is, we found it. Bad news is, the car will probably be sitting for a while because now I need a short route upper and new bov. FML...lol
You should find a used upper or run the muse upper pipe ($170) and run your stock DV if you still have it. I made 505 @30psi on a crushed IX DV without issues. I still have it if you need one.

Last edited by 16vTAWD; Apr 23, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
There are cheaper options to be had that you can get quicker and perform just as well though. AFI/Full-Race/Shearer/ToxicFab/MAP/JMFab are ones I can think of off the top of my head that are TOP notch and probably cheaper than a one-off manifold from Virtual Works.
This maybe true, but I think a simple VWR manifold will go for about the same price as a Full-Race one, roughly 9-10 big ones.

Last edited by wtmodnar; Apr 23, 2011 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***