Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MarkS
Just got back from Dougs ... Should be the last tune for a while.... Final numbers are

404whp / 392tq

Woot! Car runs great!.... Now just some little crap
Good looking power band too
Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speaking of turbos.. where the hell is my turbo from AWD?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just got back from Dougs ... Should be the last tune for a while.... Final numbers are

404whp / 392tq

Woot! Car runs great!.... Now just some little crap
good numbers bro!! another 11sec evo on the works im sure
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by SOEuro
that should be enough to smash on me. we'll see if you can get the power to the ground

WTBmodar what clutch do you have?
I have a Carbonetics, carbon twin plate.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 08:42 PM

Thx again Alfredo for the help with the Synapse. That thing is a monster! lol
Old Apr 29, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Any time, i cant wait to see how your car does with a more aggressive tune with some more boost in her. im definately starting to like the evo X's lately
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:17 PM

Hmm. So just gave the hallman a couple turns and the boost held at 27psi. I'm a little confused as to why it wasn't leaking now. I don't want to turn it up anymore till my wideband is in tomorrow. I wanna make sure it's not leaning out at all. I'll be quite confused if it holds 30psi.
We did a leak test and the bov was leaking air when we even blew 20psi of air in. Im not running the same mbc as I was during the tune, which leads me to believe that was the problem, because it's holding 27 today so I'm sure itll hold 3 more psi tomorrow.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

hey i might stop by and check you out tomorrow. i need to go talk to bobby at the shop anyways. lmk when your heading down there
Old Apr 30, 2011, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by LVmevo
hey i might stop by and check you out tomorrow. i need to go talk to bobby at the shop anyways. lmk when your heading down there
for sure
Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by evowario
Nice hp numbers. what psi you at?
29 psi

Originally Posted by SOEuro
U have the new green and what else. Great numbers man. It will be a fun car for sure
I have an old style green... rest is in my sig.... and it's a lot of fun!

I put my wheels back to the original gold instead of the black....

Last edited by MarkS; Apr 30, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
29 psi

I have an old style green... rest is in my sig.... and it's a lot of fun!
time to run that biotch at the track bro!! show these HP evos how to run 11s
Old Apr 30, 2011, 07:08 PM

Update: So I had Harvey install the wideband today. I had Carl at Xtreme Metal Works weld the bung to the dp. That weld looks great btw. Warmed up the car and did a couple pulls. AFRs looked good(between 10.5 and 11.1 at WOT). So far so good. So I decided to give the mbc another half turn to see what happened at 30psi. AFRs look good all the way up. Then did a pull where I watched the boost gauge. Hit 30psi then (just my luck) dropped down to about 17psi after about 5500ish.lol

So back to square one....Next week, I'll probably test out Harvey's APS bov and see if that does the job. If not, then we assume it's the wastegate not holding.

On the other hand, the car feels quick I guess,but eh. I wanna feel 30psi all the way to the top.lol. I have a feeling I'll have a Red in before English comes back. : P
Old Apr 30, 2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dynhamik
Update: So I had Harvey install the wideband today. I had Carl at Xtreme Metal Works weld the bung to the dp. That weld looks great btw. Warmed up the car and did a couple pulls. AFRs looked good(between 10.5 and 11.1 at WOT). So far so good. So I decided to give the mbc another half turn to see what happened at 30psi. AFRs look good all the way up. Then did a pull where I watched the boost gauge. Hit 30psi then (just my luck) dropped down to about 17psi after about 5500ish.lol

So back to square one....Next week, I'll probably test out Harvey's APS bov and see if that does the job. If not, then we assume it's the wastegate not holding.

On the other hand, the car feels quick I guess,but eh. I wanna feel 30psi all the way to the top.lol. I have a feeling I'll have a Red in before English comes back. : P
did you detach the waste gate arm from the flapper yet? does it slide on? or do you have to tug on it a little bit to get it on? maybe you can get some turns on that and then use needle nose pliers to tug on it and pull it over.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by wtmodnar
did you detach the waste gate arm from the flapper yet? does it slide on? or do you have to tug on it a little bit to get it on? maybe you can get some turns on that and then use needle nose pliers to tug on it and pull it over.
We haven't touched the waste gate yet. Since the valve of the HKS BOV was open the whole time we pumped air through, we're putting that at the top of the list. The waste gate will be checked if Harvey's APS doesn't hold. I just want to be sure of the problem before I start throwing money all over the place hoping to fix it.lol
Old Apr 30, 2011, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude. What's taking so long. Why haven't u swapped the bov yet? If u wanna come over I'll put my ix bov on and we can see if that's the problem. It will take 5 mins

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***