Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gonzo
Lol at the bickering. Weaksauce. The real OGs still lurk here. Good to see the low HP guys running good times. I was one of them. You big HP guys need to step your game up.
Old May 6, 2011, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Beating up on scoobs is always fun, I'm sure there's got to be some fast ones around here
Old May 6, 2011, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOEuro
Beating up on scoobs is always fun, I'm sure there's got to be some fast ones around here
yeah theres a few quick ones that ive seen but if you tell them that your Stage2 then they'll be like , we dont want no problems. those subie guys seem to get all scared when they start hearing stages
Old May 6, 2011, 02:53 PM

what are stages? lol

who cares about big power, small power, medium power. Isn't this site suppose to be a place to gather information, past and present to help everyone improve.

Old school, new school, what is this middle school? rofl, some people like to make more power, some people make less power, we can sit and compare all day, but who knows it could be something else more than just someones driving ability that is holding them back. We all take different routes.

Note I'm not the best driver, but for example my case, I was wondering why my car would unload and bog between shifts, with the help of Eddie, and Tom we found out my NLTS was on. I've never ran with NLTS so that is something different to me and to note was broken. Well now it is something else, but we all bounce back and move on.

I made about 460 on the DJ, roughly 390-400 on the MD. Trap speeds of 118, people with small turbos make more power than me, but ultimately my goal is to go faster, not compare pee pee sizes.

my 2 cents =]

Last edited by wtmodnar; May 6, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old May 6, 2011, 02:58 PM

UPDATE: So I put Harvey's upperpipe and APS bov on and turned the boost down. Just wanted to be safe. Did a 23psi pull and it felt pretty good. Turned it up to 27 and it felt great. Held all the way up,and really felt faster. Then 30psi...

...dropped like a lead fkn balloon back to 18psi. I had a feeling it wasn't gonna be this easy.

I guess I need to order an FP wastegate now? : /

fml
Old May 6, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

thats pretty typical of an evo9 turbo...
Old May 6, 2011, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
i did it was cool

well of course... the whole movie still had some cheesy moments but what will you expect from the series but it was better then all the other ones specially with no more ricey cars and underglows
That I'll agree with. All the recent ones have been real bad, so at least this is in the realm of MOST real... minus the whole falling off a cliff and swimming away.

you know you drink Red Stripe.....silly rasta
I LOVE Red Stripe.. and I'm white as a ghost.
Old May 6, 2011, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynhamik
UPDATE: So I put Harvey's upperpipe and APS bov on and turned the boost down. Just wanted to be safe. Did a 23psi pull and it felt pretty good. Turned it up to 27 and it felt great. Held all the way up,and really felt faster. Then 30psi...

...dropped like a lead fkn balloon back to 18psi. I had a feeling it wasn't gonna be this easy.

I guess I need to order an FP wastegate now? : /

fml
Originally Posted by 1slowevo
thats pretty typical of an evo9 turbo...
Yeah, did u expect a stock Ix turbo to hold 30 psi, how much boost does it hold when you're at 27 psi. Mine spikes 28 and drops to about 21. I'm on the Ix turbo and wastegate actuator

And I agree with u ponce. I wouldn't sweat ur track times, you're only running like 18-20 psi haha. Once youre on the proper setup, turn he boost up on that 35 are and it's gonna be fun
Old May 6, 2011, 03:35 PM

Yeah, did u expect a stock Ix turbo to hold 30 psi, how much boost does it hold when you're at 27 psi. Mine spikes 28 and drops to about 21. I'm on the Ix turbo and wastegate actuator

And I agree with u ponce. I wouldn't sweat ur track times, you're only running like 18-20 psi haha. Once youre on the proper setup, turn he boost up on that 35 are and it's gonna be fun
Yea I did expect it to hold 30psi, since it seems other peoples cars are holding that. If it wasn't suppose to hold 30 then I'm sure Lucas would have told me. Almost seems like a waste to even bother with this turbo. I might just send it to FP.

Edit:It holds 27psi to redline

Last edited by Dynhamik; May 6, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 6, 2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
belgium bier for me thanks
Newcastle Brown Ale
Old May 6, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Damn man, I'd rock 27 psi then. I wish my **** held that much
Old May 6, 2011, 03:58 PM

Damn man, I'd rock 27 psi then. I wish my **** held that much
Thinkin about it. eh
Old May 6, 2011, 04:31 PM

UPDATE AGAIN: So, I just maxed out the boost controller. I must have been reading the gauge wrong. I took Harvey with me to watch the gauge. With the boost controller maxed, it hit 26psi and tapered to about 23-24 which seems normal. Never even went to 30 though. I'm gonna swap out to a stiffer spring in the controller and try again. Not gonna lie though..it moves.lol
Old May 6, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE AGAIN: So, I just maxed out the boost controller. I must have been reading the gauge wrong. I took Harvey with me to watch the gauge. With the boost controller maxed, it hit 26psi and tapered to about 23-24 which seems normal. Never even went to 30 though. I'm gonna swap out to a stiffer spring in the controller and try again. Not gonna lie though..it moves.lol
so it seems as though your car is doing what its suppose to do . there are other tricks to help hold boost which include but are not limited to: add another turn to the wastegate to preload it better; Buy t-bolt clamps for every coupler connection, seeing you have some worm clamps to replace; replace the Throtle body shaft seals all things that will help gaurenteed to hold more boost. most of these are relitively inexpensive just have to make the time to order and install them. Not sure if anyone has told you any of this before , if so I just wanted to remind you about those things Good luck
Old May 6, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Bring it out to the track tonight and show us how much it moves.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***