Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LVmevo
yeah. we can cruise up to the next track event, if your not working . on another note anyone hook up with english racing this weekend and get tuned.
Carlos got tuned and put down some good power, can't remember the exact number. Then Rene put down an impressive 634whp and 526tq. The car felt incredible on the drive back to his house. Redline comes up ridiculously fast. Our buddy Enzo had both his evos there to get tuned, but ran into some issues with both. His red evo was previously tuned by a shop in Cali, and they put a lock on his ECU so Lucas couldn't re-tune it. Then his black evo with a 35r and 2.3 stroker had a sensor issue that wouldn't let it go pass 5k rpm. They were trying to sort out both issues and still get it tuned, so hopefully they were successful.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolsk8r
Carlos got tuned and put down some good power, can't remember the exact number. Then Rene put down an impressive 634whp and 526tq. The car felt incredible on the drive back to his house. Redline comes up ridiculously fast. Our buddy Enzo had both his evos there to get tuned, but ran into some issues with both. His red evo was previously tuned by a shop in Cali, and they put a lock on his ECU so Lucas couldn't re-tune it. Then his black evo with a 35r and 2.3 stroker had a sensor issue that wouldn't let it go pass 5k rpm. They were trying to sort out both issues and still get it tuned, so hopefully they were successful.
Damn.. I totally forgot about this.. Was really hoping to bring the Evo and tidy up that 4th and 5th gear fuel issues I've had.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tenaciousd199
Thats where I'm going too. Well there/Scottsdale. Got my last one from Reno. That was the fastest drive back from Reno haha
dude, I left PHX at like.. 7pm.. it was the most boring, dark, ride home. =|
Old Mar 29, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
Damn.. I totally forgot about this.. Was really hoping to bring the Evo and tidy up that 4th and 5th gear fuel issues I've had.
does anyone know when the last day to tune would be. maybe we can still get in on something. road tune?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
does anyone know when the last day to tune would be. maybe we can still get in on something. road tune?
Today is his last day here I believe. Don't know how to get ahold of him though, unless his info is in that thread he started.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

dude, I left PHX at like.. 7pm.. it was the most boring, dark, ride home. =|
Those are the worst. I tried to leave Reno at like 11 in the morning but the bank was horrible. I ended up getting stuck there not knowing whether they'd give me the loan until much much after they were supposed to close. Finally got on my way at 10pm or so. Made it home by 2.30. And I live in Boulder haha. All I stopped for was gas. Had a few fig newtons and two 5-hour energies. Worst/best drive of my life. Car was sooo loud sitting at over 5k rpms most the time with a catless 3.5" titanium exhaust. No music could be heard at all.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evolsk8r
Today is his last day here I believe. Don't know how to get ahold of him though, unless his info is in that thread he started.
where did they get tuned?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Those are the worst. I tried to leave Reno at like 11 in the morning but the bank was horrible. I ended up getting stuck there not knowing whether they'd give me the loan until much much after they were supposed to close. Finally got on my way at 10pm or so. Made it home by 2.30. And I live in Boulder haha. All I stopped for was gas. Had a few fig newtons and two 5-hour energies. Worst/best drive of my life. Car was sooo loud sitting at over 5k rpms most the time with a catless 3.5" titanium exhaust. No music could be heard at all.
Seriously.. I droned at 3500 the whole way.. and got pulled over at the cali agriculture thing for ALL the **** in the car. Couldn't give me a ticket though, since the car was brand new... and I didn't live there.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

anyone on here driving a Black evo with Cali plates on Sunset yesterday next to a blue supra?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously.. I droned at 3500 the whole way.. and got pulled over at the cali agriculture thing for ALL the **** in the car. Couldn't give me a ticket though, since the car was brand new... and I didn't live there.
Haha those are the best. Getting pulled over without the chance of getting a ticket. Hawthorne tried to get me for no plates.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Haha those are the best. Getting pulled over without the chance of getting a ticket. Hawthorne tried to get me for no plates.
Yea.. I was like "Dude... I just bought the car.. Yea, I know theres a lot from with it.. but I'm driving it HOME after buying it and I'm only passing through.."
Old Mar 29, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I will be here in Vegas till Wed so a road tune could work out depending on the setup. Got
Enzo Red car and Black car both figured and and all fixed up. The black one was no ground to the head. Good thing I have ran into problems like that could have chased my tail for quite awhile with that one.

I was allowed to use DynoJets dyno on Sunday. One time special deal for me since I have a good relationship with Carl down there.

If you are looking for some tune stuff you can call me at 360-901-3112
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Yea.. I was like "Dude... I just bought the car.. Yea, I know theres a lot from with it.. but I'm driving it HOME after buying it and I'm only passing through.."
Haha Cali cops are usually pretty strict about that kind of stuff too
Old Mar 29, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
where did they get tuned?
Dynojet mang
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

hey anyone know a good place to get some exhaust welding done? I need the 8" or so section of my HKS catback that is 2.5" cut off and replaced with 3" so I can put in my apexi 3" dp.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***