Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
275 is pretty wide, but 35 is pretty low profile,i wonder if they'll hook....
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueX702
Just ordered some black RPF1 18x10.5+15 with some BFG KDW 275/35/18!

Harvey-

I'll let you know about my tires
LMK asap cuz im borrowing matt's stock setup and need to buy them asap.....thanks eric
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
thats like a road race stance, im sure they will provide a nice contact patch. I know on my car a 35 series would be pretty uncomfortable ride around town.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:38 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
that sounds good thanks for the heads up! btw what happened to that bbq?
We still want to have a monthly bbq up here. I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best night to have it on. There are so many other meets, mayhem, test + tune, etc....that we don't want to conflict with anything else. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Originally Posted by LVLANCER
quote on tuning an evo x with cobb AP please.. and what dyno do you guys use?
Dynojet. Assuming you have the access port already, $450 for tune and dyno.

Yeah, we like quotes round here....

$400 for factory ECU's tune and dyno
$450 for stand alone or controller module power tune + dyno
$750 for complete tune with dyno, power tune, and complete street driveability tune for full stand alone. Basically a 4 hour process of fine tuning all aspects of the vehicle to idle and drive in the most civil manner possible under all normal street driving conditions.

All rates assume vehicle is in perfect running condition, with a full tank of fuel, fluids at proper levels, new spark plugs, etc.... and simply needs to be tuned, not worked on or maintained.

We can tune Pectel, Motec, HKS Fcon, AEM, Haltech, etc......There isn't really any stand alone Mikey cannot tune with proficiency. He was also the first Pectel certified tuner in the nation.

We are not the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive either, and frankly you get what you pay for. Why spend all the money we do on performance and then compromise on the power, reliability, or driveability of the car? Also I'd say our prices compare favorably with any of the top level tuners out there, and certainly we are open to group discounts of 5 or more.

http://www.awdmotorsports.com/index....d=47&Itemid=98

http://www.amsperformance.com/dynotuning_rates.php

Originally Posted by SinCityEvo9
can mikey reflash stock ecu's???? most of us here in town don't run stand alones...i know he's good with hks f-con pro, aem and other systems....i have seen his work/tuning....
Yes, absolutely Mikey can reflash stock ECU's.

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
I'll remember that for when I need to tune my gallardo.
Remember that when you need to tune anything. Anything with a turbo and you aren't going to find ANYONE who makes more power more reliably than Mikey. He obviously tunes all our customer cars, Lamborghinis, Evos, Supras, GTR's, NSX, Turbo Mustangs, Grand Nationals, etc.....many of which own records for power on particular set ups. 1000+whp on a 100% bone stock Supra 2JZGTE, 1700awhp E-Gear Gallardo, 1307rwhp on a single 80mm Supra, 791ft/lbs of torque on a 2.2L Evo on a 62mm, etc....etc.....
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
Remember that when you need to tune anything. Anything with a turbo and you aren't going to find ANYONE who makes more power more reliably than Mikey. He obviously tunes all our customer cars, Lamborghinis, Evos, Supras, GTR's, NSX, Turbo Mustangs, Grand Nationals, etc.....many of which own records for power on particular set ups. 1000+whp on a 100% bone stock Supra 2JZGTE, 1700awhp E-Gear Gallardo, 1307rwhp on a single 80mm Supra, 791ft/lbs of torque on a 2.2L Evo on a 62mm, etc....etc.....
I wonder what 791 ft/lbs of torque feel like...
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll remember that for when I need to tune my gallardo.
you got one too bro? i thought i was the only one in town............. i garage queen my gallardo next to my evo
Old Jul 21, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Harvey-

I'm keeping the stock wheels and getting some drag radials for them!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:08 PM

I wonder what 791 ft/lbs of torque feel like...
Feels awesome on a roll....From a dig....not so much. See the new Modified mag for the results on launching almost 800 ft/lbs on MT Drag Radials.
I will say that the R1 bike didnt stand a chance on the highway.
mikey
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbopineapple
Feels awesome on a roll....From a dig....not so much. See the new Modified mag for the results on launching almost 800 ft/lbs on MT Drag Radials.
mikey
A dig, I'd expect the axles to blow off the car.. from a roll.. wowwww.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Underated
just to put it out there i went out and bought a fender roller and heat gun to do my fenders so if anybody needs theirs done let me know
Anyone know this guy? I'm going to need my rear fenders rolled!!!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Harvey-

why you go with the kdw's? why not something stickier?

Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
We still want to have a monthly bbq up here. I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best night to have it on. There are so many other meets, mayhem, test + tune, etc....that we don't want to conflict with anything else. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Dynojet. Assuming you have the access port already, $450 for tune and dyno.

$400 for factory ECU's tune and dyno
$450 for stand alone or controller module power tune + dyno
$750 for complete tune with dyno, power tune, and complete street driveability tune for full stand alone. Basically a 4 hour process of fine tuning all aspects of the vehicle to idle and drive in the most civil manner possible under all normal street driving conditions.

All rates assume vehicle is in perfect running condition, with a full tank of fuel, fluids at proper levels, new spark plugs, etc.... and simply needs to be tuned, not worked on or maintained.

We can tune Pectel, Motec, HKS Fcon, AEM, Haltech, etc......There isn't really any stand alone Mikey cannot tune with proficiency. He was also the first Pectel certified tuner in the nation.

We are not the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive either, and frankly you get what you pay for. Why spend all the money we do on performance and then compromise on the power, reliability, or driveability of the car? Also I'd say our prices compare favorably with any of the top level tuners out there, and certainly we are open to group discounts of 5 or more.

http://www.awdmotorsports.com/index....d=47&Itemid=98

http://www.amsperformance.com/dynotuning_rates.php

Yes, absolutely Mikey can reflash stock ECU's.

Thats the going rate for most good tunes

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
you got one too bro? i thought i was the only one in town............. i garage queen my gallardo next to my evo
I have a couple too . Was in the LP570-4 all day today. I wonder what it would feel like with two snails next to that v10....

Originally Posted by turbopineapple
mikey
I would say not. 700+whp should pull on liter bikes pretty well. Cant wait to see what that beast does on the bottle.
Is it fixed btw? I was going to stop by and see but I had to run down to Henderson and didnt have time.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
why you go with the kdw's? why not something stickier?
I daily the car so I can't afford to be buying new tires every six months!

When I had sponsorship with BFG those tires lasted more than a year and still had plenty of tread left. If I get sponsorship with them again maybe I'll pick up some R1 tires!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

I don't mean a a slick or r compound. I meant like a star spec or a Rs3.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rs3 is a 140tread wear... I don't expect mine to last too long. I just cracked 2300 miles on em since April
Old Jul 21, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

my theory is, if you drive an evo or any sports car and want the most out of it you better have good tires. Thats the only thing touching the ground. Its the price to pay for having a sports car...

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***