Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B Fletch LV
10k is out of his price range. It'll be his first toy car.
Tell him to get an srt4. Or a 02 wrx. It will be hard to find a dsm that's not a ragged pos
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric why get cams for a X? Those stocker cams with a good turbo have made what 600whp?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

soeuro would you really sell for $13k?

and yes you can get an evo for under $10k. I have bought 2 in the last year. yellow one for $9500 and black one for $8k. You just need to be patient and look around quite a bit. Once you see one you have to jump on it though as they sell quickly
Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Eric why get cams for a X? Those stocker cams with a good turbo have made what 600whp?
Cause with cams he can make 630. Lol. But you're right,cams on Xs won't yield the results like they do on the 4g63
soeuro would you really sell for $13k?

and yes you can get an evo for under $10k. I have bought 2 in the last year. yellow one for $9500 and black one for $8k. You just need to be patient and look around quite a bit. Once you see one you have to jump on it though as they sell quickly
Yes I would , I've had my eye on either a z06 or 03/04 cobra for years. But I honestly think if I sold I would end up buying an Evo a few years later. It's been my favorite car for years, before they even came to the states
Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by SOEuro
Tell him to get an srt4. Or a 02 wrx. It will be hard to find a dsm that's not a ragged pos
Never in my life would I tell someone I consider a friend to buy either of those. Ever.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Who's doing your build?
My buddy Brian. He's been doing builds on my cars for over 6 years. w00t.

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
good **** jim. its about time
Thank you sir. You are definitely right about that.

No he's building his car. Exactly opposite haha

Originally Posted by Underated
sorry i meant part out of the motor he took out of the car...
I think Brian wanted to buy it, but were you interested? How much would you pay for a 50k motor?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Cause with cams he can make 630. Lol. But you're right,cams on Xs won't yield the results like they do on the 4g63
1. Raise my rev limit to 8500
2. Buy an FP Red and max the **** out of it!
3. Glub, Glub, Glub
Old Aug 7, 2011, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

The cams won't help your rev limit, hope you got springs and retainers

And bfletch. Put your bias aside, you're telling me you'd take a 20 year old dsm(known to have horrible reliablity) over a 2002+ srt4 or wrx?? For someone's FIRST toy??? With friends like you given advice like that, who needs enemies
Old Aug 7, 2011, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Gsc s2 cams have to have dual springs and retainers.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

And bfletch. Put your bias aside, you're telling me you'd take a 20 year old dsm(known to have horrible reliablity) over a 2002+ srt4 or wrx?? For someone's FIRST toy??? With friends like you given advice like that, who needs enemies
IIIII dunno about that. From my experience, most srt 4's are driven by some punk kids. I would never buy an srt-4, brand new, let alone with 50k miles on it. Eek.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 06:03 PM

I can honestly say I would. FWD is NEVER an option for me in any sort of "sports car". I only give my friends advice if I would do the same myself. Never in my life will I own a boxter engine. Subaru proved everything they needed to when they brought their new sti engine out a couple years ago and people were blowing rings and spinning bearings just with bolt ons. There is your reliability.

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
IIIII dunno about that. From my experience, most srt 4's are driven by some punk kids. I would never buy an srt-4, brand new, let alone with 50k miles on it. Eek.
Same story with the wrx. All I ever see it kids (granted around my age) with rockstar and fox clothes on driving the **** out of them.

Last edited by B Fletch LV; Aug 7, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dsm. Why. You can find an Evo for under 10k these days. I'd sell mine for 13
no one wants slow car like yours junior
Originally Posted by Evo2k6Lee
Hello ladies =)

TN is **** for Evos... Everything else is good to go - we're like 400' above sea level with some nice, dense air and 93 octane at every pump, but in the month I've been here. I've seen 3 other Evos of ANY style: there was a GG IX at Walmart like 3 weeks ago, a LY VIII at a used car lot and then tonight I saw some rich kid with a red VIII that his momma bought him...

The rest of the import car scene is a bunch of rich kids with the typical fanboi cars stuffed with gauges "because they're cool and they light up" and the wannabe model racer tarts that follow these d-bags around everywhere. It's hilarious to see them all scatter when the po po's come through at 11pm and ask for ID so as to enforce the juvenile curfew. lol
Lee mah ninja!! just add some underglows on that **** and call it day playboy
Originally Posted by BlueX702
I suck donkey dick!

TRUE STORY!

Someone try to tell me it's cool. Please!

you get either of those cars and you might as well wear a skirt and suck on *****

Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlueX702
Gsc s2 cams have to have dual springs and retainers.
Not if you don't rev above 7k. Plenty of people run stock springs and retainers
That motor is over built, weak link is the Axels lol, Ask any of the older people that own it, they say they beat on it without a hiccup.
I can honestly say I would. FWD is NEVER an option for me in any sort of "sports car". I only give my friends advice if I would do the same myself. Never in my life will I own a boxter engine. Subaru proved everything they needed to when they brought their new sti engine out a couple years ago and people were blowing rings and spinning bearings just with bolt ons. There is your reliability.
Same story with the wrx. All I ever see it kids (granted around my age) with rockstar and fox clothes on driving the **** out of them.
ok and think about the people that own DSMs lol. Want to be racers, your car bias is showing it's ugly head Brandon , Subaru hasn't changed the EJ205,203,or ej20 in a while. Unless u mean the 205 being new since 03/04, the reason from the cracked ringlands is BS access ports and those off the shelf tunes, scoobs run upward of 25 degrees advance timing from the factory....... You know what, I never even asked what your friend was looking for in a car, if he's building a race car an awd dsm is perfect. I just don't think they are the best dd, considering ive owned 2 in the past 5 years, but hey.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

And Carlos my car might be slow, but I'm goig on an overseas business trip next month and I'll be coming back with some type of turbo. Maybe.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
And Carlos my car might be slow, but I'm goig on an overseas business trip next month and I'll be coming back with some type of turbo. Maybe.
uuummm you can always let me keep an eye on her just make sure you leave the keys and some e85 money

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***