Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL Carlos... funny thing though, Diana and I were on our way home last night and there was a Honda Accord broke down on the side of the road, with two guys looking under the hood and it had neon underglow!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:00 PM

kinda hard to find a dsm thats not extremely beaten up.. let alone find one thats not super riced out.. i looked into this before i bought the evo coz i just wanted a cheaper 2nd car to play with. and if you do find one thats in "good" condition, they expect it to value like a supra and wont take any less. lol
definitely better to save up or wait for a good deal on a used evo VIII..
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by twabtoxer
uuummm you can always let me keep an eye on her just make sure you leave the keys and some e85 money
E85 money, hahaha. I can't afford to fill that damn thing up myself. I don't know what I'm gonna do with the car while I'm gone
Originally Posted by LVLANCER
kinda hard to find a dsm thats not extremely beaten up.. let alone find one thats not super riced out.. i looked into this before i bought the evo coz i just wanted a cheaper 2nd car to play with. and if you do find one thats in "good" condition, they expect it to value like a supra and wont take any less. lol
definitely better to save up or wait for a good deal on a used evo VIII..
Yeah 4-5k for a good dsm or 8-9k for a beat up evo, I'd save up or get a small loan
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo2k6Lee
LOL Carlos... funny thing though, Diana and I were on our way home last night and there was a Honda Accord broke down on the side of the road, with two guys looking under the hood and it had neon underglow!
funny **** bro
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by SOEuro
Not if you don't rev above 7k. Plenty of people run stock springs and retainers

That motor is over built, weak link is the Axels lol, Ask any of the older people that own it, they say they beat on it without a hiccup.

ok and think about the people that own DSMs lol. Want to be racers, your car bias is showing it's ugly head Brandon , Subaru hasn't changed the EJ205,203,or ej20 in a while. Unless u mean the 205 being new since 03/04, the reason from the cracked ringlands is BS access ports and those off the shelf tunes, scoobs run upward of 25 degrees advance timing from the factory....... You know what, I never even asked what your friend was looking for in a car, if he's building a race car an awd dsm is perfect. I just don't think they are the best dd, considering ive owned 2 in the past 5 years, but hey.
It was in 08 they were having issues. I also didn't ask for anybodies opinion. I just asked if anybody knew of any for sale. No need to get your panties in a bunch and tell me how my friend should spend his money
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Lol. Not in a bunch, just trying to pass along some knowledge. Have you ever owned a DSM?

Btw. U look like the guy from the Arby's commercial
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SOEuro
Lol. Not in a bunch, just trying to pass along some knowledge. Have you ever owned a DSM?

Btw. U look like the guy from the Arby's commercial
Nope. I havnt. He just doesn't have a ton of cash. He wants an evo but can't afford it. So he wants a dsm. He's not great with cars yet, and I know enough about the 4g63 to help him.

What Arby's guy?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

Well Pauls dsm is pretty quick. Maybe he can help out with a mod path
Old Aug 8, 2011, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

ok I will chime in on this sore subject. For a daily driver and not modding it I would think about a subaru maybe a 2000-2001 2.5RS or a newer STI hatch (still quite a bit of money though). Since I have a difficult time not modding my cars I would NEVER end up buying a subaru though. I have 3 cousins with 2 STI's and 1 WRX and combined they have gone through 4 motors. I have worked on many and hate it. On top of that they cant make easy power like a 4g63 motor or better yet make it reliably.

That being said a older DSM will of course have issues. They are old. Probably old as some of the people on this thread... A bugeye though will have issues too. Being that a subby is harder to work on, except for a clutch job, I would have to lean towards a dsm in that case...

But if you build the car right or find the right deal you can have yourself a nice dsm. Not a lot out there but there is some still in good shape. Right now a good awd 1g that is in very good shape will cost you $4k. 2g prob $5-6k. A beat up evo will prob cost atleast $9-10k unless you wait a while like I did.
I have owned 3 evos and 2 dsms and I can say with certainty the wait is worth it for an evo.

PS. SoEuro I have sold an evo before and bought a C6 Vette. They are cool but like you said I came back. It just doesnt have what an evo has.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 07:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BlueX702
Las Vegas sucks donkey dick!

TRUE STORY!

Someone try to tell me it's cool. Please!

Stop by Insane Speed. We have over 13,000 whp of cars in the shop right this minute! No joke. If you want to see something cool in Vegas.....there you go. And NO that's not a typo. I did say thirteen THOUSAND wheel horsepower.

Last edited by InsaneSpeed; Aug 8, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

It's a cool shop. For sure.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
When I get back I'll check it out
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

edit.. wee todd ed.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
edit.. wee todd ed.
Hahahahaha. Yeah ,damnit, I couldn't quote that fast enough. I'm sure awd would have gotten a good laugh out of it
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

I ninja called Jim and told him the .70 a/r was a diff number

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***