Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know the name/location of the shop that Daniel does his tuning at on the weekends?

Edit: Nevermind, after an hour on google I found it.

Last edited by killakane24; Aug 17, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:31 PM
Account Disabled

Current picture of the shop. We've had the pleasure of meeting MANY of you and working on many of your cars already, but to the guys who haven't stopped in, please do. I'll be happy to give you the tour and I promise you will NOT be disappointed. We have 7 evos and 7 supras in the shop right this minute.

Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by margie
Thanks alot i wanna learn to self tune like you do! haha

TurboSmart, hands down. E-Boost street if you are trying to stay on a budget and E-Boost II if you want the best. Also when it comes to parts, feel free to stop and discuss. Three guys in the last week have literally said....."I wish I wouldn't have bought anything before I came here first.".....about the shop. Seriously, stop in. Also, a tune isn't something I'd mess around too much with, without quite a bit of knowledge. There's a reason that Mikey Angel, John Reed, Eric Hsu and Crispeed get paid what they do.....because they make more power than most anyone else, and make sure that engines live! My opinion is, if you spend this much on your car, mods, etc.....don't get cheap on the tune. A professional tune is THE most important money you can spend on a modified car, and if you have someone with the skill set of a Mike Angel at your disposal, please take full advantage.

Last edited by InsaneSpeed; Aug 17, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killakane24
Does anyone know the name/location of the shop that Daniel does his tuning at on the weekends?

Edit: Nevermind, after an hour on google I found it.
who is Daniel?

Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
TurboSmart, hands down. E-Boost street if you are trying to stay on a budget and E-Boost II if you want the best. Also when it comes to parts, feel free to stop and discuss. Three guys in the last week have literally said....."I wish I wouldn't have bought anything before I came here first.".....about the shop. Seriously, stop in. Also, a tune isn't something I'd mess around too much with, without quite a bit of knowledge. There's a reason that Mikey Angel, John Reed, Eric Hsu and Crispeed get paid what they do.....because they make more power than most anyone else, and make sure that engines live! My opinion is, if you spend this much on your car, mods, etc.....don't get cheap on the tune. A professional tune is THE most important money you can spend on a modified car, and if you have someone with the skill set of a Mike Angel at your disposal, please take full advantage.
+1000 A tune is the most important part of a build. People spend 10's of thousands of dollars on parts and then get cheap on the tune. makes no sense at all
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:54 PM

Thanks! Atm i am gathering up everything, all i have on the car is the turboback exhaust for like a month now. Which gives me the SES light, it comes on and goes away even though i have the third bung with a spacer on.

I plan to order all the shifter bushings maybe a shortshifter, t-bolt clamps, a boost controller and go with a different boost and wideband gauge + gauge mount sometime soon. The boost controller i can not make my mind up on. I'm still always reading about it, asking people questions, their experiences, even shops like insanespeed, cbrd, stm,etc on why they choose this over that, so on and so on.

Mostly read up on Grimspeed 3 port, GM 3 Port, Hallman Pro Manual and some others.

But yeah i am almost done with what i wanna do and want to get it all done soon. I am so excited and happy, as for tuning we shall see, i did send a pm over to insanespeed though
you need to pop that cars cherry and launch it a few times before you get all these parts in lol so you can feel the difference!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
+1000 A tune is the most important part of a build. People spend 10's of thousands of dollars on parts and then get cheap on the tune. makes no sense at all
Amen brother!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
Thank you InsaneSpeed. I will definitely consider your recommendation. As for tuning i know its very important. Which is why i did PM you guys about tuning and mentioned it in a earlier post I was just saying i would love to learn about tuning, like what does what, how things work, etc etc. I plan to stop by the shop to see for myself for the first time and would love to meet everyone. I do have the next 2 days off
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:15 AM

Thank you InsaneSpeed. I will definitely consider your recommendation. As for tuning i know its very important. Which is why i did PM you guys about tuning and mentioned it in a earlier post I was just saying i would love to learn about tuning, like what does what, how things work, etc etc. I plan to stop by the shop to see for myself for the first time and would love to meet everyone. I do have the next 2 days off
Friday? Maybe I'll join you.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new ride, pictures as promised....no models though most of them had to work!

just for clarification and warning....the neons are for image purposes only. they are not permanently fixed on the car.

Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:47 AM

^^ please don't put neons on that car ever again, photoshoot or not. Your car is nice, but don't treat it like gradmas civic you can rice out. Not trying to hate, but the evo community isn't a fan of underglow.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by B Fletch LV
^^ please don't put neons on that car ever again, photoshoot or not. Your car is nice, but don't treat it like gradmas civic you can rice out. Not trying to hate, but the evo community isn't a fan of underglow.
paul walker is though.. lol
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:31 AM

If you do go with a test pipe option LVLANCER let me know, i have a speed circuit test pipe to sell. I have never used since i came across picking up the greddy, or anyone else with a X.
im trying to find parts for my car since being completely stock drives me nuts, im staying away from test pipes unfortunately coz i dont like the raspy tone it usually gives.. thank you though! if you come by any other parts you'd like to get rid of, let me know. i might be interested.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVLANCER
im trying to find parts for my car since being completely stock drives me nuts, im staying away from test pipes unfortunately coz i dont like the raspy tone it usually gives.. thank you though! if you come by any other parts you'd like to get rid of, let me know. i might be interested.
more power... more rasp.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
more power... more rasp.
Where's that evo?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by teribble
Where's that evo?
Sitting in the same garage that it has been for the past few months. Being put back together though!

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***