Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LVmevo
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Paul , you sneak pete! that looks like you actually knew what you were doing. looks good! im sure minor adjustments need to be made, like access doors and such, but overall , I like it. so this was you and BC 's design?

Cant wait to see it installed , also if you dont mind plugging me in. i would like to know where to get material/ cost because i ve been wanting to put a rear undertray on my jdm rear.
Only access door I'm thinkin about is oil. At this time I think its ok to drop the panel as I have 10 button head bolts and 4-14mm bolts holding it on. Takes about 3-5 mins to drop if its in the air.
Plus I like it being perfectly flat. If I do an access panel it will mount flush.

Rear one is about the same. 13 bolts all button head. Might make access panel for tow hook. Dynoing and towing will require access.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
eric...sounds like horses galloping! haha! well, technically it is....inside your engine!

just pulled the trigger for UR turboback exhaust and ETS UICP. will get it next week.

next is Cobb XLE BOV, LICP, and springs.

Which springs you guys recommend? springs or a full coilover system. gotta remember though, this is a DD and family car! haha!

after that, i may have to go take a trip to insanespeed for an engine/turbo build...maybe with an E85 conversion. At least i know for sure, if i do take a trip there, it will be an engine/turbo build and tune!
theres a guy here selling a ur catback for a great price. if you didnt buy his, i hope you still had a good deal..
Old Sep 8, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LVLANCER
theres a guy here selling a ur catback for a great price. if you didnt buy his, i hope you still had a good deal..
Yeah, I was talking to him for a little bit, but for $100 more I got a deal for a whole turbo back exhaust. Ultimate racing long downpipe (O2 housing delete/integrated down pipe), mini-muffler test pipe (quieter than a full test pipe), and a dual exit catback exhaust, all for $780 shipped.

I was thinking of getting his CBE, but I saw the TBE for a little more so I opted for the TBE. only downside is that I had to dip on the budget for a Cobb xle so I didn't buy the bov. Either way, my bov is still functional so I'm ok with that.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Only access door I'm thinkin about is oil. At this time I think its ok to drop the panel as I have 10 button head bolts and 4-14mm bolts holding it on. Takes about 3-5 mins to drop if its in the air.
Plus I like it being perfectly flat. If I do an access panel it will mount flush.

Rear one is about the same. 13 bolts all button head. Might make access panel for tow hook. Dynoing and towing will require access.

nice dood! What's the kick-ups for, and how do you mount in the center where the traditional mounting points are not low enough to meet a flat splitter?

Cool either way!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2manyAWDs
nice dood! What's the kick-ups for, and how do you mount in the center where the traditional mounting points are not low enough to meet a flat splitter?

Cool either way!
the kickups in theory are for getting more low pressure up front to help with downforce.
mimics the DHP front splitter/undertray and also some of the Ferrari wheel wells at work (F430 and 458)

http://dhpcomposites.com/index.php?o...d=34&Itemid=53

I will then have the fenders vented to relieve the high pressure from the wheel wells. Not sure if I will be doing the evodave mod or some vented wide fenders like Eddie...

I was stuck on doing the kickups or putting a wickerbill to block air from going into the wheel well all together but I figured that would cause more drag and air flow disruption more than anything...

In the center I have 2 aluminum braces going across to help keep it rigid. It was pretty good without them so should be fine with them there now. I might mount to the crossmember down the road if needed.
Right now the tray goes all the way to the back of the second cross brace. BC came up with a good idea to make studs there so I can mount and dismount the undertray without removing the braces. Works perfectly.

Mounting tomorrow after work with pics to follow

Last edited by 1slowevo; Sep 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone going to in n out? I'm down if there r people going there and meet.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:39 AM

Sol, Joe, Matt, Panda(dan was it? haha sorry!) it was fun chillen with you guys!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:27 AM

Yeah ditto, that was fun guys, let's make the chandler trip happen. If you guys are serious, I will call Phuong.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

yea! no doubt. i like rollin with u guys. u make my car look good. good to see the x's show.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 09:17 AM

good times good times
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, it was great meeting u guys! Hopefully next time will be a big turnout so we can mob the strip! Or just fill up the ***uburger parking spaces! Haha!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Need beefy springs/retainers more than anything.
You think supertech's are good enough? They sound awesome.

Originally Posted by 1slowevo

So awesome man. However, I would need to cut a huge hole in it for the external dump. =|
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:39 PM

if we get a better turn out...i think we can own that f u k u parking lot
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
You think supertech's are good enough? They sound awesome.
get some kigglys and rev that ***** to 11k! Hahaha
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B Fletch LV
get some kigglys and rev that ***** to 11k! Hahaha
On a 2.3? Whu ooooooooooh.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***