Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Underated
oh naw not yet the coat you put on looks good and i was talking to garage works about powdercoating it black with gold flake. he said 80 bucks so when i get paid tomorrow im going to send it to him. im still having that issue where the car dies coming to a stop when i push the clutch in. the rpm drop and dont catch themselves then the car cuts off. you think that has to do with my scalings since we changed the intake and upper pipe?

i'll grab some pictures today.
could be a boost leak or the blow off valve is on backwards. The intake scale will be off a little too.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by J!n K@z@mA
I just ordered SE lip from dealership. What is the best place to take to take your body parts for paint job? I went to a place one time to get my wing clear coated and in my opinion, they didn't do a good job.
Can you tell me how much the dealership charges for an SE lip?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LVmevo
Can you tell me how much the dealership charges for an SE lip?
They first charged me $344.88 and need to be ordered from Cali

But after tax and everything, he found out I'm in the military so I got a discount. Price got lowered to $311 + tax = $330 something.

I ordered it on Henderson Courtesy dealership. I jacked up my front lip so I needed to replace it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by teribble
So you finally cleaned your engine bay and now you can't keep your hood on? Let see some engine bay pics!

Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

^ ^ ^ ^damn. thats the funkiest Bov set up ive seen for a while. oh and good job on cleaning that engine bay.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by LVmevo
^ ^ ^ ^damn. thats the funkiest Bov set up ive seen for a while. oh and good job on cleaning that engine bay.

I call it the Robo-*****...lol thanks
Old Nov 1, 2011, 02:39 PM

So how important is the 500 mile break on period for clutches? I'm just wondering how I'm gonna break in the new clutch with the new kit on and old tune.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I broke my in by launching the **** out of it a few times. I've had the same clutch for around 50k miles and LOTS of racing... lots of pro racers swap clutches out at the track,then hop right into racing,no break in there.

but im sure the manufacturer of the clutch will have a recommendation. Just do what they say
Old Nov 1, 2011, 06:22 PM

I wouldn't launch the **** out of it right off the bat....just like brakes, you need to transfer material from clutch to flywheel / pressure plate. Some lightly spirited driving for at least a tanksworth of gas should be enough. I've broken in clutches by just driving from home to lee canyon road, up, over, and back down lee canyon in a spirited fashion (in the middle of the night of course), while using plenty of up and down shifts. my.02
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Matt, are you showing at 360?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2manyAWDs
I wouldn't launch the **** out of it right off the bat....just like brakes, you need to transfer material from clutch to flywheel / pressure plate. Some lightly spirited driving for at least a tanksworth of gas should be enough. I've broken in clutches by just driving from home to lee canyon road, up, over, and back down lee canyon in a spirited fashion (in the middle of the night of course), while using plenty of up and down shifts. my.02
Well I won't be able to do much of any spirited driving with that turbo. I basically have to stay out of boost.

Originally Posted by BlueX702
Matt, are you showing at 360?
Maybe. My car is at the shop right now. I was hoping to have the kit off, this week. but because of SEMA it probably won't happen. I have to work but my car will probably be there.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I lowered the price of my coil over set any local takers?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...s-control.html
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:02 PM

I stopped by Teribble's house the other day and he made an awesome upper intercooler pipe and intake. i was using the stock evo pipes and boy do they have a lot of bends. so since my battery is in the trunk he made this beauty. its 2 section so less chances of leaks.

Thanks again man i love the new responsiveness of the car.

Last edited by Underated; Nov 2, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:14 PM
Account Disabled

Insane Speed's SEMA 2011 cars.

Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:17 PM

Hey everyone, Some of you know I've been talking about selling the Vo. Well it's posted http://www.voxforums/forums/showthread.php?t=55550 <------ Add the "e" I only post in this section on this site so I can't post it in evom classifieds. Spread the word for me. I'm paying the buyer 2k to buy it for the full payoff or willing to put 2k towards the payoff so he/she can get a lower loan amount.
Thx!!!

Last edited by King_Kong; Nov 2, 2011 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***