Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SOEuro
hmmm,not sure what part of town i want to live in, Ill be working on the AF base which is on LV/craig so I guess anywhere 30 mins or less away (which is hard to judge due to traffic and such)

2/3 bedrooms,2/3 car garage,and 1100 or less. Im not too picky lol. we can talk through Email so we dont clutter up the forums:Johnny.q13@gmail
I didn't know that you're in the AF too. What do you do?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah its the same EVO you saw.... bought it from a real nice guy and did mention attempting an STI project next.... details the progress in Modified Magazine

anyways I'll check out the meets next week and bring it by...

Also quick question... where are good places to go and test the top speed.... I took it on track out at Spring Mountain but thats expensive and its a short technical track no straight-a-way for getting up to full speed...

there's gotta be a place or two to go for just opening it up all the way
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cubbie1977
Hey.... It seems like you guys meet up fairly regularly.... I somewhat recently acquired a 2008 EVO X with a few mods

when and where are your next meet-ups... I would like to bring my EVO and come meet some of you guys....

- Mark

on the dyno my EVO's about 350 whp and about the same number on torque

AMS front mount intercooler
AMS lower and upper intercooler piping
AEM intake
HKS low temp thermostat
CBRD aluminum radiator
Saamco radiator hoses black
OEM Ralliart black valve cover

Akrapovic Titanium exhaust, downpipe back
As much as I like that akra exhaust...sell it and get some more mods. If I remember correctly, that exhaust would equate to: fuel pump, fuel injectors, and fp green.

Congrats on the acquisition!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
hmmm,not sure what part of town i want to live in, Ill be working on the AF base which is on LV/craig so I guess anywhere 30 mins or less away (which is hard to judge due to traffic and such)

2/3 bedrooms,2/3 car garage,and 1100 or less. Im not too picky lol. we can talk through Email so we dont clutter up the forums:Johnny.q13@gmail
I get from one side of the town to the other within 30 minutes...so ur good. U can live anywhere in this city!!! Haha!

There's good houses right on Craig and Losee area. I believe Brandon(underated) lives over there. My cousin lives over there, as well.

And ask Reggie if he can get his girl marielle(sp?) to check the MLS. Actually, u also can search the MLS, just plug in ur desired monthly and area...actually, U don't really need to put the area, just the price range u have, and voila, MLS can check for u.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
I get from one side of the town to the other within 30 minutes...so ur good. U can live anywhere in this city!!! Haha!

There's good houses right on Craig and Losee area. I believe Brandon(underated) lives over there. My cousin lives over there, as well.

And ask Reggie if he can get his girl marielle(sp?) to check the MLS. Actually, u also can search the MLS, just plug in ur desired monthly and area...actually, U don't really need to put the area, just the price range u have, and voila, MLS can check for u.

my last house was on losse/ann lol

And Alfredo,ill fit right in In the 'hood' thats not an issue, I just dont want my cars getting jacked.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:23 AM

awwww yeaahh! let me know! maybe take me for a ride haha, why did you send yours in? issues?

Originally Posted by LVmevo
I just sent mine out to be rebuilt, if you want to wait a few weeks I can tell you How much i like the shep trans.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by J!n K@z@mA
I didn't know that you're in the AF too. What do you do?
lol military all around! af in the hizzyyy whats your afsc?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:59 AM

hey margie, just wanna let you know that i ended up getting a turbo xs hfc. sorry man.. thanks for the this and that tips from the PMs btw!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:03 AM

roll call for evos attending mm on december 2nd?

i hope we have a good evo turn out.. its always just hondas there, i wanna see something else. lol
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by LVLANCER
hey margie, just wanna let you know that i ended up getting a turbo xs hfc. sorry man.. thanks for the this and that tips from the PMs btw!
Grats on the new parts! and np at all, glad i could help
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVLANCER
roll call for evos attending mm on december 2nd?

i hope we have a good evo turn out.. its always just hondas there, i wanna see something else. lol
Uh-oh....ur creeping up on me now...ur right about the same mods by the time we run. Will be really interesting!

Gotta shave some weight on me now! Every little bit counts! Haha!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ninj4sevo8
awwww yeaahh! let me know! maybe take me for a ride haha, why did you send yours in? issues?
you never heard his first gear huh?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

I've never heard your car, let alone your first gear. Your car is like a unicorn, Jim. A mythical beast, only rumored to exist.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ninj4sevo8
yeah my evo 8 trans has 100k original miles and it was being daily driven and raced since day one, and it shows. wen i pulled the case apart it was easy to see my 1st gear was blasted out. Teeth were missing and the out put shaft looked all chewed up .Also the trans would grind up top and my clutch would lock me out anytime i tried to shift past 7k.

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
you never heard his first gear huh?
yeah i cant wait for it come back fixed, I hope its nice and quiet .
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
I've never heard your car, let alone your first gear. Your car is like a unicorn, Jim. A mythical beast, only rumored to exist.
LOL, yeah its a race between his car and Terrible , whos gonna drive first? Both cars have been down most of this year.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
yeah my evo 8 trans has 100k original miles and it was being daily driven and raced since day one, and it shows. wen i pulled the case apart it was easy to see my 1st gear was blasted out. Teeth were missing and the out put shaft looked all chewed up .Also the trans would grind up top and my clutch would lock me out anytime i tried to shift past 7k.

yeah i cant wait for it come back fixed, I hope its nice and quiet .

LOL, yeah its a race between his car and Terrible , whos gonna drive first? Both cars have been down most of this year.
My car is all put together I just don't have any spark, I've replace the crank senosr, trigger wheel, cam shaft sensor, and coils and still no fire!!! It's driving me carzy!!! Also tried a different ECU!

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***