Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by margie
What time were you planning on going Fredo? Haven't seen you in a while haha, I'll be there with my girl
not sure what time i was gonna head out. got to hep a buddy take some parts off his car first. maybe in the afternoon. dont want to show up too early because of the lines . plus i plan on being up there for the main qualifying runs for sure.

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
I feel like we should actually have a "Jim is back in the game" BBQ when my car actually gets back to runnin. Hahaha
LMAO definately have to do something , just waiting for the weather to get better again. it might be a minute though plus mine will be down for a short while also. Just got 2600 price quote for my trans rebuild. thats about 1300 more than i expected, not including a new clutch. might have to start selling a few things here.

Last edited by EvoFredo; Dec 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
I'll have the oil restrictor I need in a couple days, then I gotta retune for 40psi.
Big dog ****. . your gonna need some big tire to hold that bish planted to the pavement. man with that much boost you might actually go 12.2 @ 126 with a 2.43 60ft.

Last edited by EvoFredo; Dec 4, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
I'll have the oil restrictor I need in a couple days, then I gotta retune for 40psi.
40 psi? Pheeeew.

Originally Posted by LVmevo

LMAO definately have to do something , just waiting for the weather to get better again. it might be a minute though plus mine will be down for a short while also. Just got 2600 price quote for my trans rebuild. thats about 1300 more than i expected, not including a new clutch. might have to start selling a few things here.
Why not just buy a new tranny for that price?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

^ ^custom gear ratios and upgaded billet shaft. and the fact that ill have to scrounge up my milk money to pay for just that let alone a new clutch set up . Also stock trans isnt gonna cut it these days
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

^ ^custom gear ratios and upgaded billet shaft. and the fact that ill have to scrounge up my milk money to pay for just that let alone a new clutch set up . Also stock trans isnt gonna cut it these days
aww come on now.. you know a lot of us are running stock trans...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

aww come on now.. you know a lot of us are running stock trans...
Yeah , dont get me wrong stock evo trans a Built ford Tough. but im basically buying a new tranny cuz more than half the gears will need to be replaced. Also i dont wait for the track to be open to race my car like a lot of other evo guys.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nudge120
I'm new to the area and just wanted to say hi. I'm Air Force and just moved from the Tokyo area to Vegas, and will be working at Creech.

My wife and I just got a WW 2011 Evo X GSR, I've been on the site for a while so I'm not new to evo's. Actually this is my 4th one, well it's more my wife's car. I've had a IX, IV, and I brought my TME back from Japan(not street legal though). So that's why the new one is for her. My car will be track only so I would really to know when/where track days, autocrosses, or amatuer time attack events etc. are in the area. I'm staying at Nellis till I close on my soon to be home and look forward to my time in Vegas. Here are a couple quick pics of the cars. My name is Gabe BTW

Gabe, that tommy makinen edition evo is pretty sweet! Reminds me of Jackie chan movie "who am I". That movie is the first time I've ever heard about evos and it just got stuck in my head. Though the path to owning an evo sure turned, from a mustang 5.0, camaro iroc-z, integra, gsxr600, cbr600rr, 350z and now evo x. Of course I have other rides in between but isn't really worth mentioning though I also did have fond memories of them.

Would love to see the TM edition in person though!
does it compare to the 4.5" BFIC I have from buschur?

Nah, urs is bigger! Holy **** that thing isn't just massive...it's ginormous!

I went with the 4" coz I don't need to mod the reinforcement bar. I could've gotten a 4.5 inch but I have to modify the hood latch and the reinforcement........and I'm not trying to compensate for other "short"comings on myself!

If u guys r looking for a 4.5" fmic for under $500, extremedsm here in the forum is selling his ultimate racing 4.5" fmic, complete with the brackets that will move the hood latch and make the fmic fit on the evo x, and also new couplers and tbolt clamps.

Originally Posted by margie
Nudge, I just posted in your thread a few minutes ago and now i just came across seeing you are here in vegas, nice! haha

Eric, looking good bud, my car is so freaken dirty too from the pass few days of rain, its depressing, haven't got the time yet to wash it. Probably will get to tomorrow morning before IFO

Dan! Im planning on a bov/dv too, so far i've had my mind mostly on the synapse dv or the synapse synchronic bov, turbosmart, looking at some others too. Still doing research.
I haven't really read much about synapse dev, but from what I've read, u have to buy a different internal spring from aby@mil.spec to get it running right. I'm looking at Cobb bov coz of the design...stealthy coz it kinda looks like stock, and reliability of the design. If u want turbo smart, there's one for sale in the for sale section.

I feel like we should actually have a "Jim is back in the game" BBQ when my car actually gets back to runnin. Hahaha
I'm always game for free food!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter

Nah, urs is bigger! Holy **** that thing isn't just massive...it's ginormous!

I went with the 4" coz I don't need to mod the reinforcement bar. I could've gotten a 4.5 inch but I have to modify the hood latch and the reinforcement........and I'm not trying to compensate for other "short"comings on myself!

If u guys r looking for a 4.5" fmic for under $500, extremedsm here in the forum is selling his ultimate racing 4.5" fmic, complete with the brackets that will move the hood latch and make the fmic fit on the evo x, and also new couplers and tbolt clamps.

I'm always game for free food!
Not the first time I heard that. Also, with the BFIC, I didn't need to relocate the hood latch... however, I did have to say goodbye to the crash bar. =|
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

I run the synapse DV on my car and its great, its been on the car for about 3k miles . never had any issues like those other reviews ive read. I was trippin when i heard of people adding preload and swapping springs. got mine thru a vendor on here for 245 shipped and it came with everything needed for an evo install. I can let anyone check it out if they like, its not a big deal because my car is down at the moment. I also helped install a synapse BOV on an evo X with kingkong on here. its wasnt a good fitment for the evo X the DV would have definately been the better choice. LMK if anyone wants to take me up on the offer
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Not the first time I heard that. Also, with the BFIC, I didn't need to relocate the hood latch... however, I did have to say goodbye to the crash bar. =|
weight reduction FTW. you have to when your adding that much weight in pure FMIC. my ARC weighs 12lbs but its only a 3" vs a typical 4" 24lbs+- a few.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
I haven't really read much about synapse dev, but from what I've read, u have to buy a different internal spring from aby@mil.spec to get it running right. I'm looking at Cobb bov coz of the design...stealthy coz it kinda looks like stock, and reliability of the design. If u want turbo smart, there's one for sale in the for sale section.
Yeah, a tuner told me that too about the synapse dv, if i got that, i should get a softer spring from aby@mil.spec to reduce/stop flutter issues. I saw that turbosmart for a while.

Also if i recall correctly, i think i need a flange for my agp hard pipes if i change my bov, cause i saw it as an option for a flange with the synapse synchronic and hks bov. I'll have to find out for sure which ever i choose will need it or not.

But i will still keep on researching about each one and read up peoples reviews, etc to finally decide on which one. I mean....look how long it took me to get what i have now haha + saving up money too

Tomorrow i'll actually get to mess around with my go pro2 cam also
I'll be using this thing so much for the fun of it for what ever!
" hey guys check out my journey to wal-mart! "
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
^^ The synapse dv is one of the better ones. You don't need to buy any extra springs. I had it on my other car pushing 29 psi and holding strong.

I should have pulled it off the other car, I'm kicking myself for not pulling it. Oh by the way, for being recirculated it's pretty loud.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:12 AM

I run the synapse DV on my car and its great, its been on the car for about 3k miles . never had any issues like those other reviews ive read. I was trippin when i heard of people adding preload and swapping springs. got mine thru a vendor on here for 245 shipped and it came with everything needed for an evo install. I can let anyone check it out if they like, its not a big deal because my car is down at the moment. I also helped install a synapse BOV on an evo X with kingkong on here. its wasnt a good fitment for the evo X the DV would have definately been the better choice. LMK if anyone wants to take me up on the offer
I'd love to give it a try Fredo if its cool with you, it would probably help me out with my decision. I know people say the stock one should hold boost fine, but imo i dont see a downside to upgrading to hold more boost, response, and the such, also for maybe future upgrades, etc.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by BlueX702
^^ The synapse dv is one of the better ones. You don't need to buy any extra springs. I had it on my other car pushing 29 psi and holding strong.

I should have pulled it off the other car, I'm kicking myself for not pulling it. Oh by the way, for being recirculated it's pretty loud.
Ah i remember that now! Thanks Eric, good to know haha. Again to say, nice to see your ams intercooler on

Do you have the intercooler pipes too? Can't remember if you said so or not
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I have the hot pipe, I'll wait for the cold pipe.

I'm going to pick up the primo 3.5" intake when I get my Fp Red. That will probably be the time I get the cold pipe.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***