Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I'm new to Las Vegas & glad to see there's lots of Evo activity! I hope I can meetup with you guys soon at one of your meets. I have a 2003 Evo VIII.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RXWarrior2
Hey, I'm new to Las Vegas & glad to see there's lots of Evo activity! I hope I can meetup with you guys soon at one of your meets. I have a 2003 Evo VIII.
Welcome! Thursday is meet night.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
Welcome! Thursday is meet night.
yase! if you didnt read the brand new flyer its at the in n out on sahara, starts at 8 but people dont show until 9ish :P c ya there!

anyone running at MM this friday the 10th? i know Alan will be there
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone recommend a shop to install my clutch for me? Im thinking of having insane speed do it, but they're going rate is $125/hr and it will be about $1200 just for install. I would install it but no time. Is like someone who I can trust aka no scratches on car, install it and everything else back to how it was before the install, etc.

Thank you,

Josh
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 420a-t
Can anyone recommend a shop to install my clutch for me? Im thinking of having insane speed do it, but they're going rate is $125/hr and it will be about $1200 just for install. I would install it but no time. Is like someone who I can trust aka no scratches on car, install it and everything else back to how it was before the install, etc.

Thank you,

Josh
whoooooooooooooooooa expensive. why would it take 10 hours to do a clutch install?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Keoki
So. Anyone want to do a clutch install? U-Drift ate my clutch
I do have some time to help, since i dont work i could use a couple bux. but not at my house my tranny is sitting in a box waiting for the clutch parts to get here then it will go in.
Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
I need a protune as well, I want to know what kind of power I'm making with a good tune.
Why are all these new people ignoring the fact that Dougs Dyno power is a local place that can get these tunes done. Every one is jocking Paul and alans rides and guess who tuned those cars? If i wasnt holding out for an English racing tune, it would be a no brainer going over to doug.
Originally Posted by Keoki
Yeah I did. I don't think it should have failed this soon.
I haven't launched the car at all.
Maybe I'm making too much power for it? Who knows D:
you must have gone cheap with an ebay clutch like an XTD stage 3 thinking just cuz it comes in a pink box itd be similar to an exedy clutch. . . . . .Dont ask me how i know

Originally Posted by RXWarrior2
Welcome to the vegas evo schene. its always cool to have some more evo 8/9 people show up. for a while i thought it was an evo X take over.
Originally Posted by 420a-t

Thank you,

Josh
Josh. I have been using Trevtec motorsports for years now without any issues. Trevor gets things done when i really needed it. Hes located up by the air force base. good luck
Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
whoooooooooooooooooa expensive. why would it take 10 hours to do a clutch install?
That price sounds about right for insane speed. IM not a cheap a$$ but i definately dont like to over pay. Thats another reason why i use trev. his labor rates are very competative. Ive been quoted 800 at a local allignment shop and ive over heard a kid get an 800 install price on some cams for an evo at I.S
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVmevo
Why are all these new people ignoring the fact that Dougs Dyno power is a local place that can get these tunes done. Every one is jocking Paul and alans rides and guess who tuned those cars? If i wasnt holding out for an English racing tune, it would be a no brainer going over to doug.

That price sounds about right for insane speed. IM not a cheap a$$ but i definately dont like to over pay. Thats another reason why i use trev. his labor rates are very competative. Ive been quoted 800 at a local allignment shop and ive over heard a kid get an 800 install price on some cams for an evo at I.S
I agree with the Doug thing. Doug gave me a great deal for my clutch install + tune.

As for Insane, for those prices I'd hope the clutch or cams were included.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

^ ^ ^ no actually 800 was just for the install of cams that the customer was bringing. And for the clutch thing that was actually a price quote i got was for the install /labor a clutch . that was from eladio at H1P.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Lvmevo, I heard things about Doug's. From what I heard, he reuses someone else's car tune even if the mods are slightly different.

If I'm gonna pay for a protune, I want the tune specifically for my car. Also, I want the tune to be added in my accessport. I want to add it in the accessport just so I don't lose it.

Another thing is that even though I want a protune now, I want to buy some stuff like non-leaking bov, 3-port ebc, cams, clutch and such, so the power that the protune would give me will be consistent.

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Feb 7, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 01:51 PM

Lvmevo, I heard things about Doug's. From what I heard, he reuses someone else's car tune even if the mods are slightly different.

If I'm gonna pay for a protune, I want the tune specifically for my car. Also, I want the tune to be added in my accessport. I want to add it in the accessport just so I don't lose it.
Here we go again...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Hey everyone, I was wondering what would be a good shop to have an intercooler welded at? I had the dealer perform a boost leak test but they can't do aluminium welding there so I need a shop that can retest it and weld. Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B Fletch LV
Here we go again...
Hey Jim, can u enlighten a poor sap like me?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Jim, can u enlighten a poor sap like me?
In summary...

Some people like him. Some people say he uses tunes. I've gone to him for years and seen him tune cars and not just load a map. That would be crazy and he wouldn't still be in business.

Who knows if he uses a map as a base and works from there. I honestly would. What's wrong with that?

Anyways.. I've never had a bad tune from him and have continually gone to him. Do whatever you want though.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Look what showed up today!

Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:50 PM

Doug tuned my car, and it runs great.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***