Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Probably a 37-38psi spike goin to 23-25 out the top if it has no porting.

Thing boogies.
I'm going to say he's running 38-40psi along the whole power band. I'm sure they have that wastegate perloaded so tight it doesn't even open!!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Eddie you should come out to the next track day. I heard wednesday its open but havent checked...

Thomas, I believe alans car spikes 34-34.5psi and drops to 22-24psi.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Eddie you should come out to the next track day. I heard wednesday its open but havent checked...

NO way in hell is he holding 22-24!!! If that's true then he's running the FP white like you. Do you know how many people are running a STOCK 9 turbo on 24lbs and there's no way in hell they'll put down numbers like that on Dougs Dyno. Think about what your saying. If he has built motor with 10-1cr then he might be able to make that kind of power. I think there's more done to that car then he's saying to make that kind of power. I'd like to see the dyno graph and a boost log. Also your running the white and making about the same power. I guess you didn't get GOOD parts to make more power then a little stock untouched turbo. Maybe I'm missing something so please feel free to fill me in.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:27 AM

I just wanna see Alan try some corners.... Paul you too! I already know Thomas can corner

Autocross this coming Sunday
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by teribble
NO way in hell is he holding 22-24!!! If that's true then he's running the FP white like you. Do you know how many people are running a STOCK 9 turbo on 24lbs and there's no way in hell they'll put down numbers like that on Dougs Dyno. Think about what your saying. If he has built motor with 10-1cr then he might be able to make that kind of power. I think there's more done to that car then he's saying to make that kind of power. I'd like to see the dyno graph and a boost log. Also your running the white and making about the same power. I guess you didn't get GOOD parts to make more power then a little stock untouched turbo. Maybe I'm missing something so please feel free to fill me in.
I will bet my car that its a stock IX turbo. I was there when he bought it and put it in...

also I have seen the dyno logs and what I am saying is correct.
I didn't get all the parts he has, not even close actually...
I have 115k miles on my motor while he has 73k.
He has a full race exhaust manifold, Spoolin up COP, ported intake manifold, and running speed density with no MAF.

Pretty sure that along with 2 psi more boost than me is making that car go that fast.

Just FYI, when we had the same mods only a month ago except for my 71 I made quite a bit more power than him. everywhere...

PS I trap only 1-2 mph less than him and my car weights 300lbs more so I dont think the power difference is all that much...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2manyAWDs
I just wanna see Alan try some corners.... Paul you too! I already know Thomas can corner

Autocross this coming Sunday
Sunday is my only day off usually except for yesterday so you usually wont see me doing too much on Sundays...

I need some tires for the track then I will be going out with the evo.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg7bs...fbFAAAAAAAAAAA

I take no credit in the editing of this video ....but it's kinda neat to watch fresh machined rotors break in at night at an undisclosed location
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

I will bet my car that its a stock IX turbo. I was there when he bought it and put it in...

also I have seen the dyno logs and what I am saying is correct.
I didn't get all the parts he has, not even close actually...
I have 115k miles on my motor while he has 73k.
He has a full race exhaust manifold, Spoolin up COP, ported intake manifold, and running speed density with no MAF.

Pretty sure that along with 2 psi more boost than me is making that car go that fast.

Just FYI, when we had the same mods only a month ago except for my 71 I made quite a bit more power than him. everywhere...

PS I trap only 1-2 mph less than him and my car weights 300lbs more so I dont think the power difference is all that much...
It could be a stock turbo but he's running way more boost then 22lbs!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thomas, the same reason the SRT's don't hold boost on a stock turbo is the same thing on an Evo. The turbo can't flow all the exhaust gases efficiently through that little back housing, creating backpressure and thus choking the turbo out the top. That is why porting and clipping the backside and turbine wheel helps so much. It increases the maximum flow potential, which lends to higher wheel speed and more boost. When English went 10's on a stock 8 turbo, they had the same boost taper.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

It could be a stock turbo but he's running way more boost then 22lbs!
My car on the dyno in 3rd gear spikes 34psi and drops to 21.5 by 7200 rpm. Watch the in car video and watch the stock RS boost gauge on the right and you'll see it falling the hole time through the rpm band.

And it is a 100% stock IX turbo that I bought brand new from turbochargers.com. I've only trapped the best of 122 and average around 121.6. Theres guys on stock IX trapping 127+
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Thomas, the same reason the SRT's don't hold boost on a stock turbo is the same thing on an Evo. The turbo can't flow all the exhaust gases efficiently through that little back housing, creating backpressure and thus choking the turbo out the top. That is why porting and clipping the backside and turbine wheel helps so much. It increases the maximum flow potential, which lends to higher wheel speed and more boost. When English went 10's on a stock 8 turbo, they had the same boost taper.
Yeah and they had that on a 10-1 alloy rod motor.

Originally Posted by Alan Szabo Jr
My car on the dyno in 3rd gear spikes 34psi and drops to 21.5 by 7200 rpm. Watch the in car video and watch the stock RS boost gauge on the right and you'll see it falling the hole time through the rpm band.

And it is a 100% stock IX turbo that I bought brand new from turbochargers.com. I've only trapped the best of 122 and average around 121.6. Theres guys on stock IX trapping 127+
The guys trapping 127 have them ported and clipped with high compression motors and fully built and ported head. I know you being lighter really helps. I just don't see it making that kind of power on low boost. I'd like to see the dyno graph
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

English also did it on an 8 turbo. NOT a 9 turbo.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Probably a 37-38psi spike goin to 23-25 out the top if it has no porting.

Thing boogies.
I'm going to say he's running 38-40psi along the whole power band. I'm sure they have that wastegate perloaded so tight it doesn't even open!!
I think hes running NOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo eddie LMK if your gonna roll out to this one, ill come out to go watch you get run down by the "stock turbo" guys. J/K
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if I would say 34.5 is low boost...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

English also did it on an 8 turbo. NOT a 9 turbo.
They did in on both but remember they used GOOD parts. They also didn't use a STOCK 8 or 9 turbo.

I don't know if I would say 34.5 is low boost...
its low when you're running 50lbs on high boost.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***