Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was fun Eric lol
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlueX702
So... I just decided to womp on the car. It is tuned to 28psi.... But I took a glance at the boost gauge and it went way past 30psi. Felt great, but WTF. Maybe this Tial bov holds some boost.

On a side note my fp red is ready to ship.
r u still running ur tial VTA? who tuned ur car. im still looking and needing a tune
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

i need to buy spark plugs. any suggestions on where and what type to buy. i was running one step colder on my evo 9. just cant remember the site i got them from
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LostSoul Evo
i need to buy spark plugs. any suggestions on where and what type to buy. i was running one step colder on my evo 9. just cant remember the site i got them from
Sparkplugs.com
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...ium_ilfr7h.htm
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Forge made more power than the synapse on the dyno. The synapse drive has less flutter when tight for high boost...
glad I bought your Forge

thanks for the undertray too!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:15 PM

FS: Baer 2-piece rotors/ OEM waterpump

I need to clean out my garage so need to sell 2-Baer Eradispeed front rotors for Evo 8. They have about 2000 miles on them. They are blank rotors ( non-drilled or slotted). Bought them directly from Baer for over 400. Will sell for $175 obo.

Also have a brand new OEM Evo 8 waterpump with gasket. Will take $50 obo for it.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
r u still running ur tial VTA? who tuned ur car. im still looking and needing a tune
Yep still running VTA no issues other than it holding more boost. I'm trying to stay out of full boost until I get my fp red back and re-tune it. I have a 3.5" intake that will go on with the Red, then I'll recirc it. My buddy Pete did the tune, but he no longer does tunes.

Have English do it when they come down.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by dustinm1
I need to clean out my garage so need to sell 2-Baer Eradispeed front rotors for Evo 8. They have about 2000 miles on them. They are blank rotors ( non-drilled or slotted). Bought them directly from Baer for over 400. Will sell for $175 obo.

Also have a brand new OEM Evo 8 waterpump with gasket. Will take $50 obo for it.
I'll grab that water pump.. Send me a pm with a way to contact you.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:28 PM

anybody going to cars and coffee tomorrow?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:09 PM

Since alot of you guys are apparently running a synapse dv, I just want to ask for feedbacks. I'm trying to get an idea of what typical issues it has and how loud it is. I was thinking of getting that or a turbosmart dual port. After hearing the turbosmart on youtube, it seemed a little too loud for me.. hence my request for feedbacks on the synapse. Thanks in advance guys!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by LVLANCER
Since alot of you guys are apparently running a synapse dv, I just want to ask for feedbacks. I'm trying to get an idea of what typical issues it has and how loud it is. I was thinking of getting that or a turbosmart dual port. After hearing the turbosmart on youtube, it seemed a little too loud for me.. hence my request for feedbacks on the synapse. Thanks in advance guys!
I have the synapse and i also tried out my buddy matts turbosmart bov for kicks.
I have the synapse in pull mode with A+B ports hooked up, with Milspecs spring. In pull mode it is definitely louder than push mode. Push mode to me atleast, sounds quieter than stock. Holds boost great, response is great.
The only thing with the synapse ( i haven't done any other spring adjustments at all yet, one day ill get to it ) Partial throttle accelerating i get that noise "tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh" Flutter,Compressor Surge which ever it is, and slight bucking. I just learned to adapt my throttle input to not make that happen.

The turbosmart dual port bov is sounds awesome and is probably louder than my synapse. It holds boost great, response great too. It flutters in partial throttle shifting, and it was flutter dumping for me, again in partial throttle, the harder i gave it gas it didnt flutter dump. Matt was telling me though i needed to grease it or something cause the piston was dry or something, i forgot his exact words but it might have been the reason why it was flutter dumping for me

If i forgot something ill just edit this post and it in bold letters or something. Those are my experiences with them.

Hope this helps

Last edited by margie; Apr 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlueX702
Yep still running VTA no issues other than it holding more boost. I'm trying to stay out of full boost until I get my fp red back and re-tune it. I have a 3.5" intake that will go on with the Red, then I'll recirc it. My buddy Pete did the tune, but he no longer does tunes.

Have English do it when they come down.
i might have to work when their here. their only tuning that saturday right? i guess im screwed then. might have to hit up cali or az for a tune
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

i might have to work when their here. their only tuning that saturday right? i guess im screwed then. might have to hit up cali or az for a tune
well first off, id like to say that it would be nice if english racing was available on sunday, with or without the dyno. wont matter to me. OR ,Id even be up to asking if we could do the tune on DDP mustang dyno on sunday. It would be right around the same price for his dyno rentals anyways. I only say this because its very possible I too will be stuck at work that day. its a 50 50 chance.

Also i agree with other members on here when they say an evo shouldnt have to go out of state to get a good tune. Lots of options available to us here in NV.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by margie
I have the synapse and i also tried out my buddy matts turbosmart bov for kicks.
I have the synapse in pull mode with A+B ports hooked up, with Milspecs spring. In pull mode it is definitely louder than push mode. Push mode to me atleast, sounds quieter than stock. Holds boost great, response is great.
The only thing with the synapse ( i haven't done any other spring adjustments at all yet, one day ill get to it ) Partial throttle accelerating i get that noise "tsh tsh tsh tsh tsh" Flutter,Compressor Surge which ever it is, and slight bucking. I just learned to adapt my throttle input to not make that happen.

The turbosmart dual port bov is sounds awesome and is probably louder than my synapse. It holds boost great, response great too. It flutters in partial throttle shifting, and it was flutter dumping for me, again in partial throttle, the harder i gave it gas it didnt flutter dump. Matt was telling me though i needed to grease it or something cause the piston was dry or something, i forgot his exact words but it might have been the reason why it was flutter dumping for me

If i forgot something ill just edit this post and it in bold letters or something. Those are my experiences with them.

Hope this helps
Thats probably as good as any response can get! Thanks bro! I might just probably get the turbo smart. I'm not really in to the whole changing springs and stuff. maybe english racing can adjust my bov when they tune my car to prevent fluttering issues. The only thing setting me back is the loud noise, I don't want it to be annoying loud like my stocker before you fixed it. Lol

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***