Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better can for an HTA82: BF 272 or GSC s2/s3?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

S3 or BF272. Whichever you can get cheaper. They have more ultimate flow potential than s2's do. By a considerable margin, as well.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOEuro
Just because you carry a gun, doesn't mean you know what to do with it... I've SEEN alot of tough guys **** their pants once the bullets start flying. To think you've saved the day by identifying and shooting the gunmen in a DARK theater crowed panicking,with moving civilians from a distance up to 25 meters with a pistol is laughable,and kinda cocky. But hey, what do I know...you might be some Special forces or Swat team member

PS: im really not trying to ruffle your feathers, but in my brief LE and MIL career, even i know that a shootout in a crowed theater would cause more harm than good...thats all man, enjoy your CCW
Don't worry, no one is ruffled up over here, but your initial comment came off very aggressive . lol, simply stated "it would of been a different story." Hell who knows the story could of been ccw carrier tries to take down gunman and was shot and killed. I would rather die trying than die for nothing. How DARK is a theater anyway with the movie playing, and ya people were probably running around, and probably the ones that got hit.

What you mean a shootout in the theater would cause more harm than good? it was already a shootout, or should I say massacre. You may have seen tough guys, **** their pants, but normal guys do amazing things all the time too so your comparison isnt valid. btw where and what were you doing when you seen these guys if I may ask?

quick statistic for you, police officers usually shoot 95%+ accuracy for qualifying, and in real world situations it is about 14%.

Look at this gangsta 72 yr old "stone cold killa"

you dont know what people will do until it happens, but your opinions are noted.

P.S. hit me up, I'll show you how to hit a 25 and 40 meter silhouette.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
ok army boy... i will see you on Modern Warfare 3! you best have your double tap equipped and m4 with a shotgun and silencer ... i will be camping waiting for you to pass by

Ahhh. Vegas Evos. The thread that keeps giving and giving.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wtmodnar
.... btw where and what were you doing when you seen these guys if I may ask?
I'm pretty sure he did a couple tours over in the sandbox Ponce, which last I checked is a war zone. Lol.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Just chiming in.. with a gun or not, I probably would have run. Ya'll DID READ that he had all protective gear on right? Good luck dropping him.

*edit*

Unless of course, you're packing a .50 cal.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know about you, but I don't carry to be a "stone cold killer" its better to have and not need, than to need and not have. Most people would only use it in a life or death situation. If that is what you think of people with ccw's then you got some maturing to do.

when you carry, you always have it in the back of your mind, some people may react, others may hide in the crowd and pray and hope god answers your prayer.

Expected or not expected, around 70 people injured and 12 dead... I'm not saying no one would of got injured or died, but if there WERE people who were carrying in there, it could have been a different story.

Don't put us who prepare in the same category as you.
I agree with what he said. Most carriers pray to not have to use it, but when the time comes...and at that theater, that was the time to use it.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Better can for an HTA82: BF 272 or GSC s2/s3?
My GSCs 272 !! I'll give you a Vegas discount
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gotwheelhop
ahhh. Vegas evos. The thread that keeps giving and giving.
:d
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
Just chiming in.. with a gun or not, I probably would have run. Ya'll DID READ that he had all protective gear on right? Good luck dropping him.

*edit*

put on protective gear and lets go test , jokes aside, no one wants to use what they have. I have nothing against johnny as I'm sure he has nothing against me, its just personal views and opinions.

I was going to volunteer to go to the box, only thing that stopped me was a woman. It wasn't even the woman that I am with now

must of sucked in the box, glad you made it back safe. A very good friend of mine went 2 yrs to the sand box and came back safe as you did, only to get gunned down by an assault rifle on duty in pahrump not even a week back.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20382-de...michael-deutch

Last edited by wtmodnar; Jul 21, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen

*edit*

ya body armor doesnt stop the pain only the penetrating factor even with military grade when u get hit u drop cause it hurts like hell
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

put on protective gear and lets go test , jokes aside, no one wants to use what they have. I have nothing against johnny as I'm sure he has nothing against me, its just personal views and opinions.

I was going to volunteer to go to the box, only thing that stopped me was a woman. It wasn't even the woman that I am with now

must of sucked in the box, glad you made it back safe. A very good friend of mine went 2 yrs to the sand box and came back safe as you did, only to get gunned down by an assault rifle on duty in pahrump not even a week back.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20382-de...michael-deutch
exactly man, nothing personal at all. I think all Americans should carry....that particular theater situation is just bad news for everyone involved.

really sucks to hear about your friend
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:59 AM

if he had an AR, 2 glocks, body armor, tear gas ect and only got 12 people in a crowded dark movie theater i think someone could have taken him out pretty easy if they were armed. the guy didnt seem to be too well trained
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

50+ wounded, only 12 were killed.

that reminds me, anyone wanna see Dark Knight Rises today

Last edited by SOEuro; Jul 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tobie18
ya body armor doesnt stop the pain only the penetrating factor even with military grade when u get hit u drop cause it hurts like hell
some bullets can penetrate body armor. as long as the muzzle and terminal velocity exceeds the rated protection of the armor, doesnt even matter if it has coatings, be it kevlar or something else, or not.

50+ wounded, only 12 were killed.

that reminds me, anyone wanna see Dark Knight Rises today
Already did. Some cops was on standby which was funny.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***