Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

This thread just got way better!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

some goodies

hey guys im trying to sell some tid bits i am not using. anyone interested ill try and hook it up

B&M short throw shifter, non adjustable with oem retainer evo 8&9 5spd

Chargespeed fiberglass headlight eyelids painted Silver

Greddy turbo timer with plug & play harness.

LMK if anyone wants to get some of these things about half price
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im interested in doing some Evo VIII cam testing...I have a few sets of cams and I'd like to see how they stack up against each other. I'll do all the measuring with Virtual Dyno when i get some free time

If anyone has some VIII cams laying around or is bored the weekend after next LMK.

Last edited by SOEuro; Jul 31, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

good luck super tuner
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

isn't SuperTuner a local dude...

but thanks bro, I never claimed to be a super tuner or a tuner at all. Its a pretty simple idea, I'll have the boost controller set to around 25PSI and have very mild timing. I'm anticipating minor fuel adjustments due to my cams being close to the same specs.

I've noticed VD is somewhat accurate with the correct parameters. I've measured a Stock VIII at 226hp....pretty close,but I'm not trying to break HP records here, just get some before and after numbers and seeing mid range and peak gains.

The hard part will be the labor,ugh. Doing a cam swap myself will take around 2 hours.

Ill be heading to Doug's with whatever cam i like best.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah maybe im just a dummy or your really a smart guy but i just dont see the point of this. you obviously have some hidden agenda or trying to find a particular power band. should have done more research before you buy **** next time. Plus a good tuner can usually manipulate the power band to where they want it. If im wrong so be it but it seems like you are big DealiN the **** out of this cam stuff.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoFredo
Yeah maybe im just a dummy or your really a smart guy but i just dont see the point of this. you obviously have some hidden agenda or trying to find a particular power band. should have done more research before you buy **** next time. Plus a good tuner can usually manipulate the power band to where they want it. If im wrong so be it but it seems like you are big DealiN the **** out of this cam stuff.
big dealing? nah, Its just a fun project I've been thinking about. I had a tough time choosing the cam I wanted because there are so many good ones out there, I figure I might as well test these bad boys out.

I did a similar test with a friend back in FL using DLL(if you guys remember that)
I had HKS272,Comp 280,and Revolver cams, surprisingly,my car responded best with the 262.264 combo so I stuck with those for 4 years and gained about 3 MPH in the .8th mile just off a cam swap and fuel adjustments.

Hope i can get some good results and share with you guys...maybe help with your next cam choice.Any input from guys that use ECUflash is greatly appreciated

PS: if i happen to blow my motor based on a cam swap then oh well, i dont drive the damn thing enough anyways

Last edited by SOEuro; Jul 31, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Data log lab. That is a name I haven't heard in years.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Data log lab. That is a name I haven't heard in years.
lol, we lived off that darn program... it did the job, it showed before and after gains. We would road test almost weekly or whenever someone got a new part. It's a good way to learn what works and what doesnt....IE:even the poor guy that bought BC272s and made 5WHP peak
Old Aug 1, 2012, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
big dealing? nah, Its just a fun project I've been thinking about. I had a tough time choosing the cam I wanted because there are so many good ones out there, I figure I might as well test these bad boys out.

I did a similar test with a friend back in FL using DLL(if you guys remember that)
I had HKS272,Comp 280,and Revolver cams, surprisingly,my car responded best with the 262.264 combo so I stuck with those for 4 years and gained about 3 MPH in the .8th mile just off a cam swap and fuel adjustments.

Hope i can get some good results and share with you guys...maybe help with your next cam choice.Any input from guys that use ECUflash is greatly appreciated

PS: if i happen to blow my motor based on a cam swap then oh well, i dont drive the damn thing enough anyways
Sounds like it could be a fun project if you have a few different cams to play with. What about cam timing? Are you also planning on playing with that to complete results?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be running the cams straight up with stock cam gears, so no degree will done. I don't have a MIVEC head so the cam timing will be the same.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
I'll be running the cams straight up with stock cam gears, so no degree will done. I don't have a MIVEC head so the cam timing will be the same.
Some cams might have better gains by adding a few degree's. I also don't think you'll see the true gains by only adjusting the AFR's. Either way its not like your results will mean anything to anyone.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by teribble
Some cams might have better gains by adding a few degree's. I also don't think you'll see the true gains by only adjusting the AFR's. Either way its not like your results will mean anything to anyone.
they are recommended to be run straight up, The cams on my car now are degreed, but I will be switching back to stock cam gears...
PS: not doing it for anyone else, Just thought I'd post about some car related topics,instead of clowning on you and carlos
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by EvoFredo
hey guys im trying to sell some tid bits i am not using. anyone interested ill try and hook it up

B&M short throw shifter, non adjustable with oem retainer evo 8&9 5spd

Chargespeed fiberglass headlight eyelids painted Silver

Greddy turbo timer with plug & play harness.

LMK if anyone wants to get some of these things about half price
how much for the turbo timer?

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***