Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOEuro
sorry bud, this crazy bastard came to my house and picked it up....he really wanted it. Do you daily drive your car? Which cams are you running?
Heyyy I'm not a crazy bast-.. I mean. DAMN I wanted to get my paws on it too
Old Aug 1, 2012, 05:28 PM

Lol, that was before the straight pipe
Old Aug 1, 2012, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maevo8
so looks like i will be selling evo tomorrow : ( do u guys know of a place i can go get a diagnostic test done to car ? buyer wants to do one before buying it . i am also running a test pipe not sure if that will matter on it or not to pass the test . any help would be appreciated thanks ..
autozone will let you borrow the diag tool they have. it will show all the codes you might have.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 09:24 PM

Hey everyone! INTRODUCING THE SUMMER MT. CHARLESTON CRUISE!

Join us this Sunday, August 5th for the 2012 Evolution M Summer Mt. Charleston Cruise!

Itinerary:

Meet at McDonald's off of I-95 and Durango - 8480 N. Durango
(located in the Albertson's shopping center on the right)

11am SHARP leave McDonalds and cruise towards Lee Canyon @ Mt. Charleston

Arrive at Foxtail BBQ area/campground - 10399 Pima Crossing Ave

Cruise Route:

From Mcdonalds parking lot:
Take I-95 North to Kyle Canyon Rd
Turn Left onto Kyle Canyon Rd
Take Kyle Canyon Rd to Deer Creek Hwy
Turn Right onto Deer Creek Hwy
Take Deer Creek Hwy to Lee Canyon Rd
Turn Left onto Lee Canyon Rd
Take Lee Canyon Rd to Pima Crossing Ave (Foxtail Picnic Area)

1st Picnic Area with multiple picnic tables on the left. Park in large lot behind picnic tables.

For those attending the BBQ, it is a potluck style or bring money ($5) to pay for the cost of food. We'll post a list of who's bringing/buying what. Forecast for this Sunday is in the 100's and at the picnic area will be in the 70's!!!

If you're coming, add yourself to the list! If you're bringing something, add it next to your name!

1. Eric - White VIII - Cooking Utensils - BURGER MEAT, MAC SALAD
2. Jasmine - White VIII - BURGER BUNS - CONDIMENTS (Relish, Mustard, Ketchup)
3. Cece - White X - Dessert
4. Dan - White X - soda/water
5. Fuhrer King Keoki - Red WRC VIII! Cooler, Drinks, Other ****, and Fabulous.
6.Thomas - charcoal and starting fluid
7. Brandon - Galant - not sure what to bring i'll wait till the list fills out more.
8. Reggie - Blue X - depends on work schedule/drinks
9.Pleasureman-BBY Evo-Boners
Old Aug 1, 2012, 09:27 PM

Are Stock as F**** Cars welcome? lol ^^
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Hey everyone! INTRODUCING THE SUMMER MT. CHARLESTON CRUISE!

Join us this Sunday, August 5th for the 2012 Evolution M Summer Mt. Charleston Cruise!

Itinerary:

Meet at McDonald's off of I-95 and Durango - 8480 N. Durango
(located in the Albertson's shopping center on the right)

11am SHARP leave McDonalds and cruise towards Lee Canyon @ Mt. Charleston

Arrive at Foxtail BBQ area/campground - 10399 Pima Crossing Ave

Cruise Route:

From Mcdonalds parking lot:
Take I-95 North to Kyle Canyon Rd
Turn Left onto Kyle Canyon Rd
Take Kyle Canyon Rd to Deer Creek Hwy
Turn Right onto Deer Creek Hwy
Take Deer Creek Hwy to Lee Canyon Rd
Turn Left onto Lee Canyon Rd
Take Lee Canyon Rd to Pima Crossing Ave (Foxtail Picnic Area)

1st Picnic Area with multiple picnic tables on the left. Park in large lot behind picnic tables.

For those attending the BBQ, it is a potluck style or bring money ($5) to pay for the cost of food. We'll post a list of who's bringing/buying what. Forecast for this Sunday is in the 100's and at the picnic area will be in the 70's!!!

If you're coming, add yourself to the list! If you're bringing something, add it next to your name!

1. Eric - White VIII - Cooking Utensils - BURGER MEAT, MAC SALAD
2. Jasmine - White VIII - BURGER BUNS - CONDIMENTS (Relish, Mustard, Ketchup)
3. Cece - White X - Dessert
4. Dan - White X - soda/water
5. Fuhrer King Keoki - Red WRC VIII! Cooler, Drinks, Other ****, and Fabulous.
6.Thomas - charcoal and starting fluid
7. Brandon - Galant - not sure what to bring i'll wait till the list fills out more.
8. Reggie - Blue X - depends on work schedule/drinks
9.Pleasureman-BBY Evo-Boners
10.Evofredo +2
Old Aug 2, 2012, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by warner
Are Stock as F**** Cars welcome? lol ^^
This guy must be lost! Yeah stock cars are welcome. So you made the switch to a evo?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:49 AM

Hey Thomas! Yea i made the switch finally! I know you and most of these cars are ridiculous so making sure my stocker can come too lol
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:52 AM

alright fellas....chime in if you know what's wrong!

2 autocrosses ago my car ran fine until the last couple runs. I had a slight and random misfire. Still drove the **** out of it to a fasted time of day. The next night I push the car off the trailer and attempt to start it to put it away in the garage. Low and behold, the battery is quite dead. I could get the engine to turn over, but as soon as it fired it would die. Soooo I did a reverse clutch drop start off the driveway and it seemed to run fine. I got it to the end of the steet, stalled it like a noob, then the batt was so low it wouldn't turn over. Soooo, fine, later that week I pull the alternator...it was missing 3 of the 4 screws that hold the 2 halves together, and the 4th pulled out by hand...no biggie, broken alternator.

Get it rebuilt, installed, charged the battery and cranked it up! All is normal. Go to last autocross, car dies between 2nd and 3rd run (trailered it there - did not drive it there). Up onto the trailer it goes (thanks to many men pushing). Jump started it when on the trailer. All is normal for a little while then dead.

Day after.... Check things out, add a little solder where it could be used on the main power line from alternator. Get battery checked and charged at autozone (all good). Put everything back together. Multimeter in hand, the batt voltage is checked (good), ohm resistance checked from front junction box to rear mount batt (good). Start it up...normal. 14.2 volts at battery terminals. 14.2 volts across junction box and other related charge system locations. 4 minutes into the run, voltage suddenly drops to 12.3 and is dropping due to batt usage.

sooo, eff this! Car goes to shop. Try a different battery and a different alternator ..... SAME THING! Fuseable links are tested, fuses are checked...all is good.

Does anyone know what could be going on?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2manyAWDs
alright fellas....chime in if you know what's wrong!

2 autocrosses ago my car ran fine until the last couple runs. I had a slight and random misfire. Still drove the **** out of it to a fasted time of day. The next night I push the car off the trailer and attempt to start it to put it away in the garage. Low and behold, the battery is quite dead. I could get the engine to turn over, but as soon as it fired it would die. Soooo I did a reverse clutch drop start off the driveway and it seemed to run fine. I got it to the end of the steet, stalled it like a noob, then the batt was so low it wouldn't turn over. Soooo, fine, later that week I pull the alternator...it was missing 3 of the 4 screws that hold the 2 halves together, and the 4th pulled out by hand...no biggie, broken alternator.

Get it rebuilt, installed, charged the battery and cranked it up! All is normal. Go to last autocross, car dies between 2nd and 3rd run (trailered it there - did not drive it there). Up onto the trailer it goes (thanks to many men pushing). Jump started it when on the trailer. All is normal for a little while then dead.

Day after.... Check things out, add a little solder where it could be used on the main power line from alternator. Get battery checked and charged at autozone (all good). Put everything back together. Multimeter in hand, the batt voltage is checked (good), ohm resistance checked from front junction box to rear mount batt (good). Start it up...normal. 14.2 volts at battery terminals. 14.2 volts across junction box and other related charge system locations. 4 minutes into the run, voltage suddenly drops to 12.3 and is dropping due to batt usage.

sooo, eff this! Car goes to shop. Try a different battery and a different alternator ..... SAME THING! Fuseable links are tested, fuses are checked...all is good.

Does anyone know what could be going on?
That's interesting! Have you checked all the ground wires? Maybe even try to add a few extra ones just to make sure its getting a good ground for the batt to the alternator. I'm going to guess with as many times that motor's been out and worked on that you have a brake in the wiring harness. You've ruled out the batt, and alternator as being the problem. Next would be the wiring.
Do you havce a CDI?
What's it doing when you try to crank it out? Just crankes and doesn't start? won't even crank?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:10 PM

Thomas, thanks for calling....

To answer:
It cranks, starts, runs....until the batt voltage is too low to sustain ignition and fuel pump.

Wires are being checked.

It may be an ecu failure in/on the associated "driver" for the charging system.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2manyAWDs
Thomas, thanks for calling....

To answer:
It cranks, starts, runs....until the batt voltage is too low to sustain ignition and fuel pump.

Wires are being checked.

It may be an ecu failure in/on the associated "driver" for the charging system.
Keep us in the loop. Reminded me of my problem with the old Evo. Would start and die.. alternator tested fine, swapped it out anyways and it seemed to be fixed. I was hoping to say "Swap it anyways!" but it looks like you did.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 04:41 PM

Research conducted, work being completed:

Apparently the voltage regulator for a "lancer" works off of different signal than that of the "lancer evolution". Alternator rebuild shop replaced the voltage regulator, potentially, with the wrong one. The problem has something to do about square wave vs. sine wave. They are replacing it with the correct one at this moment. Should be able to test tomorrow AM.

fingers crossed...........

oh....the ecu driver was tested - it was fine

Last edited by 2manyAWDs; Aug 2, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 07:04 PM

I'm new in town. I was wondering if there's still the Evo meet tonight?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

^ ^
I got a lot of car parts taken off my car right now. dont think i will be able to make to an evo meet for tonight.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***