Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics came out good! thanks for posting
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:59 AM

Anybody looking to do some cheap track days? Was told about this guy who built his own track on his private property and was going to have trackdays. So I called the guy up. Pretty cool guy to talk to. Guys name is Randy and he had just barely finished laying the asphault. Right now he is looking for a few people to do some testing and plans on running a bracket style of racing series. I never heard of that before for a road course but apparently the idea is similar to bracket drag racing. You run 5 laps to figure out your breakout time and then you race against that number. If you breakout, there is I think a 5 sec penalty or something like that.
It's about 2.5 hrs from Vegas. I hope it ends up getting big but it is pretty far away from... everything.
http://www.competitionridgeaz.com/
and
Track Testers Signup

I'm going to run my GSX Eclipse as part of the test group. Thought maybe some of you Evo guys might want to know about it.

Last edited by gprix1; Dec 17, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gprix1
Anybody looking to do some cheap track days? Was told about this guy who built his own track on his private property and was going to have trackdays. So I called the guy up. Pretty cool guy to talk to. Guys name is Randy and he had just barely finished laying the asphault. Right now he is looking for a few people to do some testing and plans on running a bracket style of racing series. I never heard of that before for a road course but apparently the idea is similar to bracket drag racing. You run 5 laps to figure out your breakout time and then you race against that number. If you breakout, there is I think a 5 sec penalty or something like that.
It's about 2.5 hrs from Vegas. I hope it ends up getting big but it is pretty far away from... everything.
and
Track Testers Signup

I'm going to run my GSX Eclipse as part of the test group. Thought maybe some of you Evo guys might want to know about it.
That's badass! I wish my car and driving skills were ready for some track days!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gprix1
and
Track Testers Signup

When is race day? I might do this. The pics on the site r pretty sweet. Fresh asphalt and everything!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by teribble
That's badass! I wish my car and driving skills were ready for some track days!
That's what should be good about this bracket format of roadracing. You can be competitive against anything, it's all about driver skill.

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
When is race day? I might do this. The pics on the site r pretty sweet. Fresh asphalt and everything!
Not sure exactly. When I spoke to him on the phone he wanted to get a group to do some testing in early Jan. so maybe Feb. sometime? Give him a call (numbers on the site). I think there is still room for a few test drivers as well.

Last edited by gprix1; Dec 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:16 PM

Eric helped me install 3 port, wire up wideband to USB cable for logs, and then got tuned. Finally!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:40 PM

my evo is going up for sale if anyone know anyone that is looking 06 60k basic mods dont have a asking price yet
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone going up to Cars and Coffee tomorrow?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by BlueX702
Anyone going up to Cars and Coffee tomorrow?
where and when, be cool to meet some fellow evo people
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by NikIX
where and when, be cool to meet some fellow evo people
Its every saturday morning starting at 8am to around 11:30 is people usually leave around at a parking lot. Its located on South eastern Ave, there is a BJ's restaurant next to it.

sooo i learned and took care of the fluid change in my t-case, rear diff, and tranny (and oil) my self. Nice to know how to do now, it helped alot that my work let me use the lift which made easier.

I also did my first ever brake pad change as well. Thanks to work for the lift and having the tools i needed. The OEM lasted me 30k miles. After spending some time researching on what would be best for daily driving, I decided on Girodisc magic pads. I am pretty happy with them. I have been driving with them for about almost 2 weeks now, hardly any brake dust, and no noise from them at all.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice! Yeah... A lift, if only I had that when I swapped turbos.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:00 PM

Can someone PM me the link to the FB page everyone keeps referencing?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by nudge120
Photoshoot tomorrow (Sunday). Meet up at Las Vegas High School at 3.
I think I saw you driving on on Tropical just off of Lamb a few weeks ago. If I remember right, it was with another Mitsu...or maybe a Subie. I was in a Black STi behind you.

I was like, is that a VI? Of course my mom was in town visiting and didn't even know what the hell I was talking about or what the big deal was. The big deal was I had never seen one in person before...much less a block from my house! Very Nice.

Last edited by killakane24; Dec 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by killakane24
Can someone PM me the link to the FB page everyone keeps referencing?
Ask DloEric, he's an admin on the fb page.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:39 AM

id also like the link to the page. ill have to swing by the meet next week. thats right by my house

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***