Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

***Official NV Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Downswing1416
Anyone here goes to that westside wednesday thing? On durango and flamingo.?

Oh and anyone knows a good shop that does tuning in town? Or do we even have one?
Thanks guys
A few people go out there. I know BR is coming down and doing a few tune's at Doug's dyno power. It's on the evo Facebook page. $300 for the tune and dyno.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I do not have an exact date yet, I'll post it when I do. We have to make arrangements first for all the normal things in life and then set a date. It will for sure be in February.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Just wanted to give an update, I've been asked to only tune stand alone ECU's while I am in Vegas, so if you are in Vegas and want a stock ECU tune, just contact Doug directly. If you need an AEM or Haltech tuned while I am there I'm willing and able.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Anyone have a contact or recommendation for a good upholster in town? Looking at doing a leather and alcantara interior in my supra.
Yes. Give me a call or stop in and I will refer you.

As for tunes, INSANE SPEED. I will put Mikey up against anyone in terms of making power. Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would need anyone else to tune in Vegas unless of course they want a budget rate, however we do offer package rates as well if 4-5 guys want to get tuned on the same day. We are fairly booked up however, so please call at least a week in advance to make an appointment.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...uilds-etc.html
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Just wanted to give an update, I've been asked to only tune stand alone ECU's while I am in Vegas, so if you are in Vegas and want a stock ECU tune, just contact Doug directly. If you need an AEM or Haltech tuned while I am there I'm willing and able.
Most evos here r on stock ecu. I know I am. Unfortunately, the move to just tuning standalone lost u customers...and I almost put up my AP for sale since I want to be tuned as well. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok... this just got Interesting!!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
Most evos here r on stock ecu. I know I am. Unfortunately, the move to just tuning standalone lost u customers...and I almost put up my AP for sale since I want to be tuned as well. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
AP is gay anyways. Sell that crap
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
To buy tactrix cable and lose the ability of switching maps on the fly? Deal with the extra time to wait for a buyer and then shipping it and have the possibility of being scammed through PayPal coz the buyer says its not working and then he ships me back his busted AP and ultimately lose my time and money....hmmm, I think I'll stick with AP.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Vegas people! Just wanted to say hi from Michigan. I miss home so much.

Also saw something about doug's dyno. I just want to say that I would deff. recommend him to anyone. He is the only person in Vegas that I would let tune my car.

Couldn't be happier with the tuning he did on my evo

-Taylor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed
Yes. Give me a call or stop in and I will refer you.

As for tunes, INSANE SPEED. I will put Mikey up against anyone in terms of making power. Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would need anyone else to tune in Vegas unless of course they want a budget rate, however we do offer package rates as well if 4-5 guys want to get tuned on the same day. We are fairly booked up however, so please call at least a week in advance to make an appointment.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...uilds-etc.html
Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
To buy tactrix cable and lose the ability of switching maps on the fly? Deal with the extra time to wait for a buyer and then shipping it and have the possibility of being scammed through PayPal coz the buyer says its not working and then he ships me back his busted AP and ultimately lose my time and money....hmmm, I think I'll stick with AP.

Thanks for the advice though.
this **** is too funny. sorry guys had to LMFAO
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

You can switch maps with tephra's rom on the stock ecu...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
You can switch maps with tephra's rom on the stock ecu...
True, and tephra's rom is on AP now too since he's working for them. Not only I can switch with whole new different maps altogether, but I can also switch on the fly without needing to plug in the accessport through pressing the cruise control button... Just like tephra's rom on stock ecu.

Right now, the only thing that would make me switch to open source is the no-lift-shift rom from open source...but I'm looking at the script on that rom and trying to make it work with AP...no, I'm not just gonna plug in the rom to the accessport file if ur wondering, I'm trying to assimilate the rom to the accessport so it would act as a native program just like the on the fly switchable maps that they included from tephra. The only thing is I have to write whole new scripts and commands so it would be that way. If I get burnt out from it from trying to figure it out, then I will switch to open source.

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Went to Test n Tune today......new personal best, 11.7 @ 132mph. Car has a 10 in it for sure.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Hopefully ur good to go for the next midnight mayhem.i know for sure I will run on that. I just didn't run today coz I don't like the wind blowing too much, and my tune isn't at 100% yet. Gotta calm down the boost spike and make it to work that it doesn't get out of breath when I hit 6500rpm.

Sucks what happened though man, I was hoping to see u breaking into the 10sec. I know u got it coz of the traps ur making.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Went to Test n Tune today......new personal best, 11.7 @ 132mph. Car has a 10 in it for sure.
Finally in the 11s! Awesome eddie.. mid 11s is right around the corner

Last edited by twabtoxer; Jan 28, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: ***Official NV Chat Thread***