Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Cool Mitsu Dealer in Southern Ca!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2003, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, I talked to Bob Banafshay@puente HIlls..(dont really know how to spell his last name). He was the internet guy. hmm... 30k otd.... I should have posted on this site first before I went to get a car.... my fiscal score was 760 which was good. too bad im poor as hell =P. Is gap actually good to get?? I barely hear about any evos being stolen...
Old Dec 31, 2003, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Oh i forgot to add I called tustin when I was doing research on pricing and apparently tustin owns puente hills and so it was a long story about price and I kinda got... how to say... made fun of by tustin about the price puente hills would get. But one thing I heard which was kinda good was when I confronted bob @ puente hills, he said even tho its the same boss, puente hills is puente hills and not tustin. I wonder if that is really true or he just wanted to haul me into the dealership. Has anyone noticed how fast a sales person gets bagged?? I was talking to (i forgot her name) at duarte and the next day I went in to see their red evo (it had a small wing which i didnt like) and they said she just got bagged... Same thing that happened with whittier (even tho I will never go there again) my sales person and the parts guy both got fired. It makes you feel like... how to say.. a stranger because you dont have a set person that you can talk to, where instead you have to find someone else... I dont know if anyone understands =P you guys probably think im just babbling.. ha ha ha =P
Old Dec 31, 2003, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

bcmind: maybe it was a miscommunication, but employees cant even buy the car for that price 27+ fees, thats under MSRP
UPDATE: 11:45am Dec 31st

I have few fleet internet offer at invoice. they're from Whittier ($1 over invoice) u heard me right $1 over invoice. Alhambra at invoice, HB at invoice.

i was *hoping* dealing with you would get me a better deal but that's not the case. you and your boss quote me $200 over invoice... that's the best u can do? I thought I heard you said you can beat any price. anyways...

maybe i forgot to tell u that i'm gonna put $5000 down?

i'm outta here and hopefully will post my new car picture later tonite... *pray* guys!
Old Dec 31, 2003, 03:47 PM

True. The price should have nothing to do with financing. One should avoid dealer financing and get financing from a bank, credit union, or online. Once you have your financing secured, then you can consider taking dealer financing if they can beat the financing you already have. They play with those monthly payment numbers on that sheet with the 4 boxes to milk it for all they can.

Edit: I should also add that if you never step into the dealership except to take delivery, that would be a good thing. That's why some people look to car brokers to handle all the BS that you have to go through at the "stealership".

Take a look at internet articles on car purchasing.

http://www.fool.com/car/car.htm is a good place to start.

Sometimes there is also hidden bonus money to dealers to move cars. That's how they can sell at or below invoice. Maybe the manufacturer wants to help boost sales at that dealer. If the dealer has Evos in stock then they aren't really in demand, because if they were then there would be a wait like there was with the PT Cruiser.

Originally posted by mprtklr
im not referring to interest or finance charges. i am referring to actual set price of vehicle in box one of the agreement. before taxes, title, registrations, finance chanrger, GAP, or anything else. that price should have no impact based on credit score or financing. abd buying for yn 27k is true becuase i did it, 26,800 at ontario mitsubishi.

Last edited by SinGin; Dec 31, 2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah.. in a way Santa monica was a bit.. sneaky... my price was 31354 with taxes and everything. downpay of 14000. and then they said that I got a 1k loyal customer something so they said my downpay was 15000. But nooo... they made my car higher value and said with the 1k loyal customer thingy im able to get 31354.... I have no idea what to say to that guy. No matter how hard I pushed at saying that my sales guy said 31354 with everything included, he kept pushing at saying the 1k doesnt do anything. *shrugs* they also had some weird visigraphics which i feel dont really do crap and they tried to sign me up for the extended service warranty thingy. first the guy says 2000 then i said no. so then he lowers it to 1800. I still said no. and then finally he said "hey ill give u it for 1500, I only make 100 dollars out of this" and i still said no... so he said he will also give me 30 days to think about it.. and i still said no.. but i was thinking, this is getting no where so might as well say yes and cancel it later. =P the dealers are such vultures. =P sorry if u arent like this. Just the ones that i went to are. Whittier, Santa Monica, Huntington Beach.
Old Dec 31, 2003, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by typeR430
mprtklr: say i have credit rating of 400, u think i can an evo for lets say 31 OTD? even though the best credit rating in town (probably close to 900) will get probably 4.9%APR...if you're a ghost (500 credit, like me) do u think they will even let me purchase a car??? of course not thats why theres co-signers, and if u have nobody to co-sign, you're downpayment is basically you're credit, the higher it is, higher "credability" you have, every place makes do fill out the privacy act and credit ap...this guy wanted to know if he can buy a car and straight up told me he has low 400's and hes behind on his current car payments by 2 months...did we talk price with him?? NO..we just said we cant deal with him, he leaves us nothing to work with

who else: what do you expect? u want me to send a limo out to pick you up, princess?

bcmind: maybe it was a miscommunication, but employees cant even buy the car for that price 27+ fees, thats under MSRP

Yes that would be lovely ^ LoL ...

Well is there ANYONE here that got a good deal @ Anaheim or Cerritos? Mang I've heard like ZERO recommendations to those dealers and those are closest to me
Old Jan 1, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

muramasa, i know bob the guy u talked to, hes a cool guy, hes new like me, hes from texas and has never been to cali, hes worked here for 3 weeks now, him and I have never worked in the car business until we got this job a month ago

all i can say to peopel looking for new cars, whatever dealership u go, price will vary even if u go to the big names like huntington or etc. we even sold an evo at puente for 40grand, trust me price will vary
Old Jan 1, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for clairifying.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

So is the <30k out-the-door deal a myth? Try as I might I cannot seem to get a deal that sweet. Some details would be appreciated – internet initiated contact, carsdirect.com etc.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

id pretty much say its a myth or its very hard, even with a really sweet deal PLUS the mitsu loyalty $1000 it would still be hard
if you're in soCal and want an evo PM me and ill see what i can do for you
Old Jan 3, 2004, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

so 30k out the door is reasonable to dealers?

i bet that'll go up for the 04 models... of course it wouldnt go down ... lets all hope they dont hike up the price on the new models *crosses fingers*

hey drummerjun ... got any more pixs ... that thing is sexay heheh ... i dont knoe why a lot of ppl have the bby model... Silver Black and Yellow seem to be the favs in my area ... *but then again the rare color like blue is always a plus to future evo owners *