Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Edwards AFB Car Show May 9th!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edwards AFB Car Show May 9th!!!

Hello Everyone !!!

Im posting this for a friend of mine here at Edwards Air Force Base Im going to be helping him out a bit with this, he posted the following on the Zilvia Forum and the GTR Forum....

Hey Guys Im in the Military and have been appointed to take the Lead for APHM by my Squadron Commander. I've raised the idea of having a car show as one of the events to and so far The General, Colonel and my supervision are both excited in seeing this take place. There will be many events taking place during the car show so feel free to walk around and talk to the other car guys or eat. Foods include Hawaiian/Samoan BBQ, Filipino, Thai, Korean, Japanese and Chinese foods, and other performances. I really need you guys help..

Details:
-Date and Time: Monday, May 9th from 11 to 3 pm. Registration will be at 10am.
-Registering: Will Need you to PM me your name and number. Also its $10 dollars 5 to cover the food and 5 will go to the winners Pot.
-We will be able to get all the cars on base once we get everyones info.
-Vehicles will be Judged by Base Commanders with the help of Special Guest from magazine companies.
-Winner will be based on the car with the most JDM appeal.Looking For vehicles influenced by the Wangan Scene/Street legal
track cars. I will also be throwing in $200 extra dollars in the pot.
1st Place will take cash prize, 2nd takes Trophy and a gift card and 3rd takes a trophy.(If enough cars show the money might possibly split 3 ways).
-Looking for these Vehicles
-Nissan: GTR ,S13 Coupe, S13 Hatch, S14 Zenki/Kouki, S14 w/ S15 Front,350Z, 370Z, 300ZX.
-Toyota: Supra,Celica,MR2, Altezza(Lexus IS300)
-Mazda: RX7's, RX 8,Miata's
-Subaru: WRX, STi's
-Mistubishi: Evo 8,9, 10
-Honda: Civic and Integra Type R, S2000, RSX Type S, NSX

If you are interested please PM me Name and phone number and post pic of your car on the thread. Theres going to be legit photographers so that means good photo ops or shoot, and I wouldnt be surprised if this ends up on the Air Force Channel or network especially with the Flight Test Center General there. Alot of my Superiors and people on base are old school gear heads that are into American Muscle, so expect to see other cars there Both Domestic and Import.

Note: Changes or Updates will constantly be posted throughout the month. Also Cars on the list will dissappear as soon as those slots have been taken.
If You have any questions feel free to call him his name is Leron Turner his number is 818-571-6844 or just shoot me a PM. My name is Jason
Thanks for taking the time to read this I appreciate the help guys and hope to see some of you on the 9th.

P.S. If things go well and we have a good turn out for the car show we might be able to get paper work routed to get the runway shutdown on a saturday sometime this summer to run races on it. Note that Edwards AFB runway is the largest runway in the US at 15,000 ft

Last edited by V8eatr; Apr 12, 2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Also if you plan on coming please be sure to PM me your name, number and car so that we can pre-plan with security forces to get everyone onto base!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:07 AM

this sounds like a pretty awesome event if it goes well. Can you e-mail me to wlee_87@hotmail.com thx!
-Night-Import-
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

This sounds cool, can my wife with a Mazda 3 join in? She doesn't care about winning the car show but she would like to join. She'll pay the $10...

Also, are dogs allowed?

Our cars: