Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Any Reputable Shops In Reno, NV?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Reputable Shops In Reno, NV?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good reputable shop in the Reno, NV area. I'm probably just going to take my Evo to a shop to see if they can find the fix to my P0302 code.

Thanks
Old May 6, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Trevtec Motorsports is in Vegas.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jrah2987
Trevtec Motorsports is in Vegas.
The problem with that is driving it that far and dropping it off. What do I do after i drop it off?
Old May 6, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

If it's something they can do in a couple days, get a hotel and enjoy the strip. If not, get a nice friend to drive you back.

I had to drive 5 hours from St. Louis to Kansas to get to a good shop, but I would drive twice as long to get it to a shop I trusted. I tried the little-known performance shops around STL and they ended up doing more damage than good.

Last edited by Jrah2987; May 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jrah2987
If it's something they can do in a couple days, get a hotel and enjoy the strip. If not, get a nice friend to drive you back.

I had to drive 5 hours from St. Louis to Kansas to get to a good shop, but I would drive twice as long to get it to a shop I trusted. I tried the little-known performance shops around STL and they ended up doing more damage than good.
Well, I'm 17 and that's the problem. I don't think I could get a hotel room. I guess I could just fly back to reno and have someone pick me up. I'll look into them, thanks. Any suggestions from anyone else?
Old May 6, 2011, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

I would take it to a dealer before I go through all that trouble.

Good luck.
Old May 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PepsiGuy
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good reputable shop in the Reno, NV area. I'm probably just going to take my Evo to a shop to see if they can find the fix to my P0302 code.

Thanks
Forget Vegas lol...if your under warranty and need a dealership take it over to Roseville. If you want I can take a look at it for you...thats a cylinder misfire code right?
Old May 6, 2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jer.k
Forget Vegas lol...if your under warranty and need a dealership take it over to Roseville. If you want I can take a look at it for you...thats a cylinder misfire code right?
Yeah i really don't want to venture out that far but if I have to do that to get rid of this damn code then I will. I'm not sure if it's under warranty or not. Also, if I brought it to a dealership wouldn't I lose my tune? Would they even touch it since it's modded? I just bought it in January. Yes P0302 is cylinder 2 misfire. I changed all the plugs and it took longer for the code to come back may just be coincidence though. But if you think you could maybe tell me what's wrong with it if I take it to you that would be cool too. Thanks!
Old May 14, 2011, 09:50 AM

I took my car to Jeremy on wednesday and we got quite a bit done. Jeremy (Jer.k) is a really knowledgable guy and really took the time to explain things in depth to me and had no problem answering any questions I had. So if anyone in the Reno area is looking for someone to work on their car I would definitely recommend him!