Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Tucson Rally Playground - Course Layout Day 1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tucson Rally Playground - Course Layout Day 1

2 years and 2000 miles away from the East Coast, who would have thought that I would find myself on dirt with the Evo again. This time I find myself in the Southwest at the "sunniest city" in North America: Tucson Arizona! Lots of dirt, lots of land, lots of motorheads make a great recipe for off-road venue potential.

In the past couple of months, I've been helping a group of rally enthusiasts with breaking new grounds at a potential new location for a rally racing venue in the South East side of town. Long and short of it is there was a lot of blood/sweat/tears poured into clearing up trees, fences, brushes, cactus's, etc, and with 90% of most obstacles cleared, it has now come time to actually lay down a course. With my background in organizing three years of my own rallycross events (many of you have most likely attended) and 7 years in being a stage commander with Rally New York, I went ahead and laid in a tentative course using aerial photos and a little photochop skillz....

Read the rest of my blog here
Old Oct 3, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dang. I am in Afghanistan and will miss this event. I guess I am just getting dirt of a different flavor.