Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Network Engineer moved to SOCAL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2004 | 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Network Engineer moved to SOCAL

Hey guys, I have been on these forums for a while now and I was wondering if some one can help. I just moved from NOVA to SOCAL and I love it down here. Although, I have been looking for a job for the past four days but nothing serious. I have a lot of knowledge in Networking as you will see in my Resume. Sorry to start this post but any help will be great to keep my EVO.

Thanks

Here is my Resume

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

Highly motivated and results-oriented IT Project Management and Networking Professional having outstanding abilities in streamlining operations and customer service that increases company market share. Extensive background in supporting key business initiatives through technology with focus on the following broad-based areas:

TEAM LEADERSHIP
PROJECT MANAGEMENT
SYSTEMS TROUBLESHOOTING
CUSTOMER SUPPORT
SYSTEMS OPTIMIZATION
EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
CLIENT SATISFACTION
NETWORK ADMINISTRATION
PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND WORK HISTORY
COMPUTER HELPERS, INCORPORATED – Alexandria, Virginia 2001 - 2004
Systems and Network Engineer
Build and deploy LAN and WAN systems for network consulting organization. Manage network installations, configuration, upgrades and support for high-visibility clients. Responsible for training and mentoring team members. Track team project progress and schedule on- and off-site server maintenance, repairs and backups. Provide solutions for recurring issues and build custom systems. Market technical merchandise and interface with clients.

· Increased company sales by 100% during tenure due to efficient handling of projects that exceeded customer expectations and provided return business through customer satisfaction.
· Exceeded client expectations by delivering enhanced systems and services that increased productivity, reliability and efficiency while allowing clients to focus on sales rather than networking issues.
· Expanded company contracts by informing clients of impending system issues that led to increased sales and business referral to key client Island Tours through preventive maintenance and upgrades.

FYE – McLean, Virginia 2000 - 2001
Assistant Manager
Chosen to manage all daily business activities for national entertainment chain. Arranged weekly schedules, assisted customers and oversaw employees and inventory. Covered scheduling gaps, closed store nightly and deposited daily receipts. Trained new employees, assistant managers and handled customer complaints.

· Enhanced earnings and profits by expert handling of customer situations that led to 20% increase in sales.
· Increased job performance of personnel by training in tactics that pleased customers and improved business.

PAPA JOHN’S – San Jose, California 1999 - 2000
Assistant Manager
Managed day-to-day activities for internationally franchised restaurant chain. Opened and closed store. Counted cash and tracked inventory on daily basis and coordinated scheduling. Oversaw operations and personnel including drivers and delivery activities, order preparation, quality control, safety and cleanliness standards. Handled customer service.

· Earned commendations by customers and supervisors for providing excellent customer service that assured customers received quality treatment and replacement products if necessary.
· Attracted repeat customers by establishing customer courtesy and respect that led to increased earnings.

TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
· Familiar with Windows 9x/NT/2000 Workstations and Servers, MS-DOS, IBM and Macintosh.

· Software Expertise Includes: MS Office Suite, MS Exchange, Ghost, Adobe Acrobat, WinFax Pro, Symantec Corporate Antivirus, Novell, Lotus Smart Suite, QuickBooks/Quicken and Corel Word Perfect.

· Networking Experience: TCP/IP, VPN, DECnet, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, DLC, AppleTalk, Signals (802.11, 802.3, etc.), Bandwidth Conservation Techniques, Norton Utilities, Firewalls and LAN/WAN.

EDUCATION
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY – Fairfax, Virginia 2003
Bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineer

NOVA – Annandale, Virginia 2000 - 2002
Coursework in Internet Security

Cell phone is (703)625-7644
(805)685-9053

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome to SoCal! I'm an ex NoVA'er who recently moved out here also. I've been in town here in CA for about a month now. It rocks here!

So where in SoCal are you living? Or is that still up in the air?

I'm in OC....I can certainly check out my companies job listing. I work in the Pharm industry. We have lots of IT folks who run the pc networks and the study equipment networks.

SC~
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

what do you work for alliegance?
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Great, I am in Santa Barbara right now, but I will be moving to OC in the next 2 weeks or so. If you can get me into some interview we will have to EVOS in the parking lot.

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

I dont, but do you mean allegiance?
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Bumb
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Bumb
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

i was referring to secret chimp, he said he worked for a pharm company in OC, i was assuming allegiance since they are in irvine.
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

oh, Sorry
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Bumb
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mprtklr
i was referring to secret chimp, he said he worked for a pharm company in OC, i was assuming allegiance since they are in irvine.
Oh, you were talking to me....

I work in Costa Mesa at a place called Valeant. They are on the cusp of releasing some Hepatitis B and C medications.....that'll be billion dollar a year products. I am the main point of contact for the FDA for my products. I also write/compile/send lots of technical info to the FDA and health agencies abroad to keep other drugs on the market. It's boring. But it pays the bills and lets me play cars as much as I want.

SC~
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

so you work in regulatory affairs?
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yep....I'm a Sr RA Spec. You obviously know something about the industry. You do pharm work too?
Old Feb 2, 2004 | 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

almost. i work for Hudson Respiratory Care in temecula. I am a plastics engineer, i design and mold polystyrene, polypropylene, polyethylene, and other assorted plastics for cannulas, facemasks, rebreathers, nebulizers, and all the other things you wear regarding aeration and passageway breathing. We have to adhere to the same FDA regs and SOP's as you guys.