Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Cars and coffee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and coffee

Anybody want to meet up at cars and coffee in Irvine this Saturday?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:35 AM

Insane cars at Cars and Coffee meet. I would feel too out of place taking my stock *** car there. lol
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
We used to organize a meet there, but its better to park in the Taco Bell structure & walk in.
You should organize this on SCE

The EVO is no match for the C&C cars

EDIT: My EVO is set-up for the track in a week so Im not show worthy

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Nov 8, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I go a lot, but like the other guy said, just park in the structure. I love our cars but they really shouldn't be parked with all of the better, rarer cars that deserve the open spots. That's not just for Evos/STIs/WRXs either... I roll my eyes at stuff like current Dodge Chargers and Magnums that go there. I always see the same ones with the halo headlights on them. Pretty ricey.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:38 PM

I'm mostly looking to meet people with other evos and talk about them. I've seen a Prius in the spots. I think you can take your evo for 1 day lol.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:06 PM

Lol I went to cars and coffee two weeks ago in my evo and it looked kind of out of place but I actually got a compliment when i walked back to my car when I was leaving. It was just intimidating being parked next to a bright orange porsche GT3 RS haha. Super fun meet though, you see the craziest stuff in socal.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Funny, I remember seeing your car since I happened to go around two weeks ago.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

please take and post detail pictures please. im located in Texas and there's no way i can be out there. lol.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in LA and i'd be down to meet up with other evo owners there. I've never been to Cars and coffee either. My car is stock as hell too lol.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

I find myself enjoying it less when I'm there with other people beyond my girlfriend and/or a friend or two. Also, just remember to get there as early as you can. I've seen display/show cars leave the venue before 8am.

I still remember the time when McLaren showed up and brought two MP4-12Cs (with one just being the bare chassis with the engine and wheels), plus I saw Tanner Foust arriving when I was leaving.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:37 AM

+1 on getting there early. My friend an I left at around 4-4:30 AM to make it there by just before 6. I like it because you go there, do what you gotta do, see some cars, and then leave. There was a Lamborghini Aventador there when I went. And a McLaren MP-12C as well.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

^ Those are there almost every week now. Six months ago was a different story.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:27 AM

I'll be there tomorrow with another X owner. Then were heading to Angels Crest for a canyon cruise.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

You know, the do sometimes cancel Cars & Coffee if the weather is bad. I live in Orange County (C&C is a ten or fifteen minute drive since I'm coming from the Newport area), and I think that there are going to be scattered showers later today. So it's POSSIBLE that it may not happen.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

The Evo 100% belongs in with the other cars. Actually, most cars there aren't the exotic or classics. Lots of newer mustangs, Vette's, Z's, etc. I park in the lot every time. The Evo is as good a performer if not better than 90% of them. And if we are going off rarity, the Evo is as rare on the streets in this area as some of the classics!! Heck, I see more Ferarri's on the streets of South OC then Evo's. I have been going for 6 months, almost every Saturday, RAIN or SHINE (And yes, cars show up when it sprinkles. Not sure about heavy rain as it hasn't happened yet. But I go no matter what) There is usually a row of new model mustangs. Blasphemy if you guys are saying they belong and we don't. Don't sell your Evo short. You need to be more proud. A stock Evo is a great performer, a modified one is hell on wheels. Just because most people have no clue what it is and think it's just some "ricer" doesn't mean you don't park it with the rest. The ignorant (most of the population) shouldn't dictate your actions. Besides, Ortega Hwy is only about 8 miles down the road. Some guy says your Evo doesn't belong there tell them to meet you at the bottom of Ortega. That’s like saying “meet me on the playground after school”. HAHA

Honestly, I can't believe you guys HIDE your cars in the Taco Bell parking structure. I get heck here for being too blatant but sometimes it is justified. You guys sell your Evo TODAY to a worthy home. I don't want to ever catch any of you in one again. I know who you are!!

For those that are scared to pull in the lot but realize they have awesome cars that are worthy of being there, Psycho and I meet at the gas station off of Sand Canyon every Saturday morning at 6am then go to the show. You can follow us in if you feel safety in numbers. We will protect you. Afterwards we usually head up to Ortega or the Crest. Might try Mulholland and Palomar someday soon.

PM me if you are interested.

Quick Reply: Cars and coffee