Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

NorCal Cops on Evo X?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NorCal Cops on Evo X?

So I was wondering, do the cops in norcal (in the bay area) like to pull over evos and try and ding me on anything?

I just got the car and was wondering if I need to drill holes (gulp) or just not bother with the front plate.

If they like to pull over people with the stock exhaust (from what I heard in other threads on here), or to look for illegal mods I would want to keep the front plates on so they don't ding me all the time...
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Don't give them a reason to pull you over. Drive like a normal, sane person. Keep the exterior mods low key. I recently worked on a nice, clean X with carbon highlights that looked very tasteful. Anything ricey will get the wrong kind of attention.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 05:33 PM

fair enough, i don't plan on exterior mods, or anything crazier than a basic ecu remap (get it to 320 maybe) with no new parts.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things that will get you pulled over in California:
- Have a loud car. It's okay if it's a V8 though.
- Have dark skin.
- Have a wing on your car.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 04:14 PM

NorCal Cops on Evo X?

Originally Posted by Anonymouse
- Have dark skin.
Haha, yes. Speaking of V8, we used to have a big car meet in LA, and cops think we were gathering illegally( not sure what term that was, but it was like you have to ask for permission from city ). The cops came and they went to directly to our mustangs and srt Viper, said it was such nice car. Didnot even look at other imports at all.
They were friendly though, said they could give us 5 mins to take pictures and dismiss. I felt liek if we didnot have those domestic cars on the lot, they might have given us a hard time.
That said, how are you guys driving?
I never got any attentions from cops. I just drive 5 mph above the speed limit all the time, and never got pulled over during evo ownership.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:26 AM

- Have dark skin.
I just moved to the BA a month ago and have all of those...

I better just park the Evo and drive the minivan.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yifuqiao
Haha, yes. Speaking of V8, we used to have a big car meet in LA, and cops think we were gathering illegally( not sure what term that was, but it was like you have to ask for permission from city ). The cops came and they went to directly to our mustangs and srt Viper, said it was such nice car. Didnot even look at other imports at all.
They were friendly though, said they could give us 5 mins to take pictures and dismiss. I felt liek if we didnot have those domestic cars on the lot, they might have given us a hard time.
That said, how are you guys driving?
I never got any attentions from cops. I just drive 5 mph above the speed limit all the time, and never got pulled over during evo ownership.
I drive like an old lady most of the time because I'm only ever driving in rush hour traffic. Last time I took my car over 100mph or heard any noise from my tires was at my last track day a few months ago.

Originally Posted by kiddsm95
I just moved to the BA a month ago and have all of those...

I better just park the Evo and drive the minivan.
Where exactly do you live? I used to live in a predominantly white area so I'd get pulled over in my own neighborhood a few times because I looked suspicious and whatever car I was driving was somehow reported stolen in the neighborhood. Once I was pulled over while heading out for some late night Jack in the Box and then got pulled over again about to pull onto my own street. Now I live in a place with a higher crime rate and a lot of the cops have the same skin tone as me so I'm safe.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:47 PM

Where exactly do you live? I used to live in a predominantly white area so I'd get pulled over in my own neighborhood a few times because I looked suspicious and whatever car I was driving was somehow reported stolen in the neighborhood. Once I was pulled over while heading out for some late night Jack in the Box and then got pulled over again about to pull onto my own street. Now I live in a place with a higher crime rate and a lot of the cops have the same skin tone as me so I'm safe.

Right now we are still living in corporate housing in down town SJ. Apparently the housing scene here is a competitive market.

After 2.5 months of searching we finally found a house in down in Gilroy, and are currently under contract.

You're not "safe" if the crime rate is higher...

I have always lived in white neighborhoods and prefer to keep it that way.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 05:28 PM

Bumped into a fellow Evo X on the 101 NB around Morgan Hill this morning.

Looked like a silver MR, black wheels. Anyone on here?

Funny 2 X's run into each other in traffic. We're pretty rare around here.

Originally Posted by kiddsm95
Right now we are still living in corporate housing in down town SJ. Apparently the housing scene here is a competitive market.

After 2.5 months of searching we finally found a house in down in Gilroy, and are currently under contract.

You're not "safe" if the crime rate is higher...

I have always lived in white neighborhoods and prefer to keep it that way.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 01:31 PM
GRR

I am in MH; WW evo X MR, not stock...

Only seen a few evo's in town, lots of Subies

I believe the silver with blk wheels and a blk 9 that looks nice out off Dunne.

Hope to see you around.......