Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SoCalEvo.net MEET #11 RECAP: 87 EVOS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2004, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation SoCalEvo.net MEET #11 RECAP: 87 EVOS!!!!

Hey guys! Who is tired as hell? Sunburnt? Both? It was great to see you all out there today, and for those of you who couldn't make it out you were missed and you missed a HUGE one!! After all was said and done we had a total of 87 EVOs!!! We blew away our previous record by almost 20 cars! It's great to see such support in the EVO community here in SoCal. We even had a couple cars come all the way down from NorCal just to attend the meet and show support. Nice job everyone!

Special thanks go out to a million people on this one. First, thanks to Tom and the entire Huntington Beach Mitsubishi family for welcoming us and feeding us. It's great to see some real dealership support for our organization and a genuine interest in us not only as customers but enthusiasts as well. HB Mitsu will always be a part of the SoCalEvo.net family! Where was Josh at?? In case you guys were not aware, they actually delivered a silver '04 today during the meet!!

Thanks also go out to all the vendors that came out to show their support and contribute goodies for the raffle. Thanks to Brainstorm, RMR, RNR, XS Engineering, and Works. It was great to have you all there and a special thanks to Works for doing the flashes and other installs right there in the lot! My good buddy Jaime Hernandez from Bilstein heard about the event yesterday, drove up from San Diego and brought some goodies for the raffle. Thanks a lot brother!

Another round of special thanks go out to Mitsubishi for coming out in the VI and bringing goodies. In case you all didn't know, the VI was in bad need of a clutch replacement and barely made the drive, but they were determined to come out and show support for us as loyal owners and fans!

Last but certainly not least, our thanks go out to Scott from Sport Compact Car. Scott was lurking around the meet taking shots of all the happenings, people and the cars for possible coverage in the magazine. Look for it in a future edition of Sport Compact Car! It's apparent that he and his team love the EVO just as much as we do. Thanks Scott!!

We had a couple of notable "no shows" that were there in spirit. First, old man dirt track, AKA Robi, showed up in support but couldn't bring the Buschur beast as it's getting ready for Sport Compact Car's annual Utlimate Street Car Challenge. Another USCC entry for this year, SPARCO also had their ride getting it's final massage for the event. I spoke at length with Scott from Sparco on Friday and he was dissappointed that the car couldn't make the event, but is looking forward to slapping on two SoCalEvo.net decals just before the event!! Let's wish them both the very best of luck in the competition and let's see if we can run the table with a 1-2 finish for EVOs this year. We will be represented well for sure!!

We had a couple of SoCalEvo members that actually had their cars booked in for service at HB Mitsu just before today's event, which I guess brings the total to a figurative 89! But who's counting right?

All said, it was the best SoCalEvo.net event to date, and we promise that they will only get bigger and better in the future! On the planning table for the IMMEDIATE future are: a huge dyno event at XS Engineering, another huge event at Bilstein's facility in San Diego (huge cheer from our brothers to the south that don't have to get up at 5am to make the meets!), and a combined EOC event/SoCalEvo meet! Remember that we will be celebrating our first anniversary in July, so look for a Mammoth sized event shortly! The SoCalEvo.net team would once again like to thank everyone for coming out to the event, and hats off to our own Tony Cassell, AKA perversity, for doing most of the leg work and planning! It was all worth it, no? We hope everyone had as much fun as we did. Stay tuned for more good times!

-Rich
Team SoCalEvo/EOC

Last edited by ricardon; May 17, 2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old May 16, 2004, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

dang!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounded hella fun rich i couldnt get the time to drive down to socal this weekend
Old May 16, 2004, 10:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Rich you get one of those beanpole stratosphere burns?
Old May 16, 2004, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

I drove 6 hours each way for this event and it was worth it.
Old May 16, 2004, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jansolo
I drove 6 hours each way for this event and it was worth it.
Wow, it seems like I just saw you.

Awesome turn out.
Old May 17, 2004, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robi
Rich you get one of those beanpole stratosphere burns?
Yes, actually! Someone hit me with the *** clown type r award for not bringing sun block! Oh my god!! I've got little tiny sun blisters all over my forehead. GRRRRRRR...it sucks being two inches from the sun. But it was all worth it!!

Let me say it again:

87 EVOS
Old May 17, 2004, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like everyone had a great time! Wish I could have made it, we need to do this on the east coast!!
Old May 17, 2004, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was there great cars great people
Old May 17, 2004, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

This was the best SoCalevo meet yet! You guys did a great job organizing and getting 80-some cars into an area meant to hold 50 cars!

SC~
Old May 17, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Here are the first round of pics...there aren't many posted yet, but more will be up soon!

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/modul...view_album.php
Old May 17, 2004, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Beanstalk - You know I will be there to represent once I make it back to Cali... Just like old times... TIMES 4!!!

I look forward to seeing all the OG SoCal guys once I get back. I can't wait!

I handled Evo business in a different way yesterday:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...142#post947142

Last edited by Chris in HB; May 17, 2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old May 18, 2004, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

One of these days we'll get close to that many at the racetrack for an EOC event. Chris, are you ready to get that thing off the street and see what it can really do??
Old May 18, 2004, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Do you guys have EOC Event 2 planned as of yet?

SC~
Old May 19, 2004, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Secret Chimp
Do you guys have EOC Event 2 planned as of yet?

SC~
We are very, very close to setting a date! I believe we are shooting for the last week in June right now, but hopefully we'll have it nailed by the end of this week!