Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

considering P2 flash for my 05

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jansolo
HAHah! I figured you guys, of all the tuners out there would be the ones to figure it out. So the next question is: is there launch control for the 03 and 04 Evos as well, or is this feature relegated to 05s only? And can existing customers with P2s get the update for launch control?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=114343

All existing P2 customers will have the option of switching to the P2R to incorporate this feature AND it will be available to them at no additional charge If you wish to alter the default setting of 5K to an RPM of your choice, it will run $49.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to keep pestering you guys, but I'm still a bit new to the Evo platform: since the P2 flash will improve boost control through the ECU, does that make a boost controller (electronic or manual) an unneeded mod? When I buy the P2, can I ask for a specific boost level (assume an upgraded fuel pump and rail, everything else stock)? Thanks again!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by voidhawk
Sorry to keep pestering you guys, but I'm still a bit new to the Evo platform: since the P2 flash will improve boost control through the ECU, does that make a boost controller (electronic or manual) an unneeded mod? When I buy the P2, can I ask for a specific boost level (assume an upgraded fuel pump and rail, everything else stock)? Thanks again!
Yes, external boost controllers (electronic or manual) are not necessary as the P2 will set the boost at the maximum safe value for whichever grade (91 or 93 octane) fuel you run. Custom boost levels haven't been offered as we haven't seen requests to bring boost below the OEM level.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

sweet! have any dynos with stock 05 vs. p2'd 05? would also like to see boost levels throughout the rpm band on the 05's
Old Dec 21, 2004, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
Yes, external boost controllers (electronic or manual) are not necessary as the P2 will set the boost at the maximum safe value for whichever grade (91 or 93 octane) fuel you run. Custom boost levels haven't been offered as we haven't seen requests to bring boost below the OEM level.
That makes sense - is the max safe level higher than the stock value (aside from the taper being gone), and can you say what that value is for the 91 and 93 options?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Bah! Only 5k rpm? Wouldn't that mean that someone would basically bog if they decided to do a clutch drop at that rpm?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
... so don't do a clutch drop, jan ...

Why would I want this 2stage cut? I have an '03 and don't yet see value in it ... ?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Ok ok, I won't do a clutch drop. You're so stern sometimes!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i've launched correctly on the 2nd stage limiter a couple of times but it is really hit and miss. the other half od the time it ends in bogging.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 05:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
... so don't do a clutch drop, jan ...

Why would I want this 2stage cut? I have an '03 and don't yet see value in it ... ?
conisitent launches without bogging or glazing the clutch.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hmmm, sounds like pedal moderation - two of 'em. I don't have that down myself.

Am I being told by mitsu that the best launch is from 5K w/proper clutch pedal moderation then?

Just curious...
Old Dec 26, 2004, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=114343

All existing P2 customers will have the option of switching to the P2R to incorporate this feature AND it will be available to them at no additional charge If you wish to alter the default setting of 5K to an RPM of your choice, it will run $49.

I went there on Thursday to upgrade my P2 but was told it is not available yet. :
Old Dec 26, 2004, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Option2
I went there on Thursday to upgrade my P2 but was told it is not available yet. :
Next time call first maybe? Instead of just going without talking to WORKS and then being disappointed ... then posting negative comments on the boards?

Just a thought

-S ...
Old Dec 27, 2004, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jstockdale
Next time call first maybe? Instead of just going without talking to WORKS and then being disappointed ... then posting negative comments on the boards?

Just a thought

-S ...
I did call first........ and was told it was available. Then I drove down to WORKS.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Option2
I did call first........ and was told it was available. Then I drove down to WORKS.
That was my misunderstanding. I knew the 04 P2R was still being tweaked, but was unaware the 03 P2R was also undergoing its final phase of development. Therefore, we couldn't load it onto your ECU, but we did update your P2 while you were in the shop.