Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS Exhale HFC (High Flow Cat)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2004 | 11:51 AM
Account Disabled

WORKS Exhale HFC (High Flow Cat)

WORKS is pleased to introduce the latest item in our WRP lineup. The Exhale HFC provides increased flow while still limiting emissions. As with all of our Exhale exhaust components, this peice is made in the USA using T-304 stainless steel and bolts right in place of the OEM unit. Check our webstore for more information and special introductory pricing: http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=32_37&products_id=119
Old Nov 7, 2004 | 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Tyler put mine on yesterday - nice addition! Seems like a little faster spoolup time and feels (on the butt dyno) like more than the 5-8hp gain that Works quotes. Nice piece!
Old Nov 7, 2004 | 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Another quality piece by WORKS once again!!!
Old Nov 8, 2004 | 08:46 AM

Installed the 3inch WORKS HFC last week, very nice! Quality piece and fitment couldn't be better. So much lighter than the stock cat also. Feels like more than 5-8 HP gain; amazing what unplugging the exhaust stream will do in terms of the EVO pulling through the revs!

BTW, I have been having P0420 CEL lights popping up left and right with the stock cat; since my switch to WORKS HFC, no more P0420.
Old Nov 8, 2004 | 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

What other mods do you have, evo_will?
Old Nov 12, 2004 | 05:40 PM

P2 (91 octane), Works Exhale DP/HFC and Tanabe's Ti Cat back. Works Aperture on the way. Almost forgot the Works Grab! I think thats it...
Old Nov 13, 2004 | 12:45 PM

since the works HFC is in the racing program does that mean it voids any warranties or is not street legal? Just wanna make sure before i buy it. Thnx.
Old Nov 13, 2004 | 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Susp3nc3
since the works HFC is in the racing program does that mean it voids any warranties or is not street legal? Just wanna make sure before i buy it. Thnx.
I just installed mine today. It does say "For Off-Road Use Only" on the heat shield. However, I must say that it bolts up really nice. A much better fit than the Helix I was running prior to installing the Works HFC.
Old Nov 14, 2004 | 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Street legal in Cali is a funny thing. Technically, there are street legal replacement cats, but they look like they are only really legal for a few specific vehicles You could swap out your OEM cat but only if it was damaged and needed to be replaced (the cop it was damaged by going over a curb during illegal street racing gone awry!). Best thing to do is look on the ARB web site and find out for yourself what is truly legal.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...rmktdevice.php
Old Nov 15, 2004 | 11:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Susp3nc3
WORKS has not undergone CARB testing at this point. Once that is complete, our marketing of the HFC should change Until then, we will continue to stamp it for "off-road use only" even though our own emissions testing has shown it to clean up the exhaust gas quite well.
Old Nov 15, 2004 | 09:41 PM

You could just save the stock cat and throw it back on when you have to go smog the car. Its four bolts. And if a cop looked under your car for what ever reason, he would see a cat and probably not even think twice about it. I doubt that he/she would want to drop to the knees to look anyway. BTW, the additional power will make you forget that you have a replacement cat... I did. Only my $0.02.
Old Nov 16, 2004 | 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Works = Quality

I'm glad they are located in SF. In fact, there the only tuner shop that I know of in SF since it cost $$$$$ to do business in SF.
Old Nov 22, 2004 | 11:04 PM

is there much difference in exhause noise once u install the HFC.. i already have the axle back, downpipe and p2
Old Nov 23, 2004 | 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't notice any difference. If there was, it is very minimal.
Old Nov 23, 2004 | 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

I also didn't notice much difference in noise after installing the HFC. I have an HKS downpipe and cat-back.

Quick Reply: WORKS Exhale HFC (High Flow Cat)