Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

Got the WORKS HFC & P2R today!! (Wow)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2005, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the WORKS HFC & P2R today!! (Wow)

For anyone thinking the HFC will not add anything to the performance or is not worth it, wrong. I was blown away getting on the freeway leaving WORKS today.

I went to WORKS this morning to have my springs installed and get in on a DEFI boost guage install special they were having. Well late last night I got one of WORKS HFC's from a fellow EVO owner (JoeA). Not thinking I would see much of a difference I asked Tyler if he could install it for me while he was underneath the car, he said sure and gave me a good rate. Anyways, I also had the P2 already and was impressed with it when I had it installed a few months back. But the difference felt with the HFC and P2R (HFC) tune felt like more of a power gain than from stock tune to P2. The power caught me off guard when I first felt it, it pulled really hard at a very low RPM, very impressive! And it pulls so much harder throughout the RPM's.

BTW, I did a 4th gear run tonight from 45 MPH to see if I got a high boost spike like some people have talked about with the P2, mine hit 21 and held there all the way to redline. Very impressed with how well the boost is held with P2R.

This has to be the best power mod I have done by far. I'm sure the flash complimented the HFC, but together it's the best investment so far!

I really have to thank the guys at WORKS, especially Jamie and Tyler. They were very nice and always nice to have people working on your car that have the same goal you do and enjoy what they are accomplishing at WORKS. Hearing Tyler talk about some of the good points about the P2R and other WORKS products is really incredible. I don't know if Tyler does more than installs, but if he does it's pretty cool that the guy installing your products knows so much. Would really suck to have an installer that didn't care about the products he installs!!

Keep in mind I don't track my car, don't really race, just like to have a solid daily driver!!

Current mods for anyone curious:

-WORKS Brain Flash P2R
-WORKS 76mm Ceramic DP
-WORKS HFC
-Espelir JGT 500 CB
-AEM Intake
-HKS BOV

Thanks,

Kyle
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

did they have a separate flash for you because of the aem intake?
Old Aug 20, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dyuyeno
did they have a separate flash for you because of the aem intake?
Yes, they said the flash was tuned for an intake.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

(sorry for the threadjack)

will the works HFC pass california state emissions without any problems? i've asked several people and they tell me to go custom with magnaflow because they have a line of hfc's that are made to pass CA emissions without loss in performance (OBDII??).

also, will this bolt up with a espelir 2.75" dp? thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled

The WORKS HFC doesn't have CARB certification at this point. We designed it with the sniffer test in mind, but it is visually different from stock. We've done our best to mimic an OEM design by incorporating heat shields, etc...

Provided your downpipe can bolt up to the stock cat (same location, similar flange), then the WORKS HFC should bolt up just fine.