Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

Shift knobs in yet?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OliSim
Greetings All,

This product has been a bit of a thorn for everyone. The orginal partner was fired last month for the inability to produce the product to spec. As some of you know, the last batch of 80 units did not pass quality control, mainly because some Yahoo at the plant picked up the knobs before they were dry and left fingerprints and other undersirable artifacts.

The good news is that a new manufacturer has been sourced and we have received a delivery date of 3 to 4 weeks. This is a new, smaller shop that will be making some other products based on WORKS designs, so we feel confident that we will have them soon.

Again, we appreciate all the patience that you all have shown.

Sincerely,

Oliver Simons
415-641-9675
osimons@worksmitsu.com
This is still the latest info we have to share. Look for something more towards the end of the month. Thanks again for all of your patience (especially those that have paid in advance).
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Should we still look forward for the end of this month?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

updates?
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:33 PM

any new updates or time of delivery? i think i might want to cancle my order since my evo is getting ready to leave me.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Ha good luck I have been on hold for one since the day I got my Car, not to say it's not worth the weight, but it's not worth the weight for me. Sorry Works it's been too long for me.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 03:03 PM
Account Disabled

I apologize for the delays. Oliver is on vacation this week and should be able to provide all of us with some updates upon his return. Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

any word? i'm moving soon and will need to update my shipping address if these don't come in the next month. . .ugh, I guess I'll call. . .
Old Apr 12, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

i'll be calling today as well...
Old Apr 15, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

shift knobs....shift knobs.....who's got our shift knobs?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

talked to oliver on thursday and he said even more stuff went wrong with them, all of which was COMPLETELY out of WORKS control. and rest assured, they're as "pissed" about this as we are...
Old Apr 20, 2006, 08:25 AM

i love a nice knob..
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

HOW are there so many complications with a shift knob...honestly
Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Greetings All,

Sure, there are a thousand different reasons, but I have a personal theory. Quality fabrication and manufacturing are harder and harder to come by these days in the US. We have actually had several machine shops refuse the order for the shift knobs, since we require performance based manufacturing, meaning that if it doesn't perform as specified, we are not obligated to purchase them. The dimensions and weight used to be the major factors (or so we thought) but this time around, it is all about visual quality.

At the end of the day, there are very few excuses that make us feel better (or our customers) concerning the delay. It is a constant battle, even involving arguments with machine shops and our partners on why this is so difficult.

On a side note, we absolutely refuse to sell and distribute an inferior product that we wouldn't put in our cars, even if that upsets people in the process. That is our philosophy and mantra, and we will stick to that regardless of how hard it might seem.

Rant over... Hopefully we will be calling all of you soon.

Sincerely,

Oliver Simons
WORKS
415-641-9675
osimons@worksmitsu.com
Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OliSim
Greetings All,

Sure, there are a thousand different reasons, but I have a personal theory. Quality fabrication and manufacturing are harder and harder to come by these days in the US. We have actually had several machine shops refuse the order for the shift knobs, since we require performance based manufacturing, meaning that if it doesn't perform as specified, we are not obligated to purchase them. The dimensions and weight used to be the major factors (or so we thought) but this time around, it is all about visual quality.

At the end of the day, there are very few excuses that make us feel better (or our customers) concerning the delay. It is a constant battle, even involving arguments with machine shops and our partners on why this is so difficult.

On a side note, we absolutely refuse to sell and distribute an inferior product that we wouldn't put in our cars, even if that upsets people in the process. That is our philosophy and mantra, and we will stick to that regardless of how hard it might seem.

Rant over... Hopefully we will be calling all of you soon.

Sincerely,

Oliver Simons
WORKS
415-641-9675
osimons@worksmitsu.com

It does totally suck having to wait but I respect you wanting nothing but the best quality parts leaving your shop, I will continue to wait patiently.
Now hurry the hell up!!!!!!!!!!! J/K
Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:01 AM

Hey guys we have just recived the new 5&6 Speed Grab Shift Knobs and are sending out to the ones who have already purchased them on our backorder list.

Last edited by WORKS-Vince25RS; Apr 29, 2006 at 01:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Shift knobs in yet?