Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

Just got a P2R mail in flash!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a P2R mail in flash!

Well I received my flash after a much awaited week! All I can say is that it was a night and day difference. The power curve was smooth and held boost all the way to redline! I finally have torque in the lower rpms and she idles smooth and consist even with the 280s. I am quite happy after having tuning issues for the past year or so.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

congrats. enjoy your new found power.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Just got mine on the IX as well. HUGE difference. Car feels so much better now, and holds boost without taper at all. So nice not having to buy a manual boost controller and keep the stock look. Good stuffs =)
Old Jul 20, 2006, 02:51 AM
Evolving Member

bringing this back from the dead....

got the p2 on my ix.... best $600 i spent on modding. **** pulls damn hard. plus great customer service, can't beat that
Old Jul 20, 2006, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

i wanted to get the p2 reflash too...did any of you guys get the p2/ecutek?...works explaination about tuning is something i have to agree with but do those guys/works tune cars with alky/meth...or could i get it tuned again after alky/meth without an additional charge(i wanted to get atp's gt3071r kit and run alky with cal $hity 91 oct.) i love the idea of a sleeper or stock appearence...
Old Jul 21, 2006, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled

WORKS has experience tuning a number of setups (including alky/meth/water injection and numerous ATP turbos). Please give us a call to discuss the specifics of your situation and ask about the details of the free update/upgrade reflashes we offer.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

I have an Evo IX with a 3" test pipe, 3" exhaust, 70mm downpipe, and injen intake w/ic pipes. I've been looking at DynoFlash, Vishnu, and WORKS to get my ECU tuned and I'm having a hard time choosing between WORKS or DynoFlash/Vishnu. WORKS does keep everything stealth which is a big plus but I don't see many dyno runs or 12 sec quarter mile Evo's with similar setup like mine from WORKS. If I go to DynoFlash and Vishnu threads it seems they have many 12 sec Evo's with setups similar to mine....??
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by 20psiMR
Just got mine on the IX as well. HUGE difference. Car feels so much better now, and holds boost without taper at all. So nice not having to buy a manual boost controller and keep the stock look. Good stuffs =)
I see the time in your sig. What mods do you have done to your IX other than the P2?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:36 PM
Account Disabled

Most of our racing customers are Road Racers or Rallyists. When tuning for these conditions, then Drag Racing is pretty straight forward (pun intended)

Just a few things to consider about WORKS P-series and T-series Flashes:

-We invented the flash for the U.S. EVO in the Spring of 2003.

-WORKS Engineers have reversed engineered more OEM ECU maps than anyone in the industry, hands-down.

-With that understanding and knowledge, we are the only tuner who properly controls boost through the ECU and does not rely on external gizmos. These external 'devices' will not automatically lower boost during undesirable conditions nor correct boost during changing weather.
Translation- Best perfomance and the highest safety to protect your investment!

Last edited by EM@WORKS; Aug 17, 2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I sent my ECU to WORKS today for the P2R Flash....can't wait!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

WORKS Brain P2R Flash

I received my ECU from WORKS yesterday with the modified boost hose and was able to install both in 30 minutes without any trouble.....WOW! The instructions weren't needed as the hose looks exactly the same as stock.

I took my Evo out for a first drive with the WORKS P2R flash and did a 3rd gear pull....definitely a "huge" improvement. The taper is gone and the car sounds much better. Looking at the boost gauge while at WOT it stays between 1.3 & 1.4 in 84 degree weather all the way to redline....YES!!!

WORKS, you guys have great customer support, a stealthly FLASH, and the car does everything you said it would and more....thank you!!! Look forward to future modifications!!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

Glad to hear from another satisfied WORKS Brain Flash customer

Enjoy!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

since the evo's come from the factory with a rich setting, i'm just wondering how much an improvement there is in gas consumption with the p2 flashes. of course, gas mileage sucks when you're having fun driving

Last edited by tirbolag9; Aug 28, 2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll second that query. Are there any mpg gains with the P2 (apples to apples highway and such)?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, there are improvements in MPG after receiving the P2 but only if you keep your foot out of the throttle. If you drive normally you will get mileage improvement over the factory advertised MPG, however if you put your foot down your mileage won't be as great because you will use even more gas under the higher boost.

Quick Reply: Just got a P2R mail in flash!