Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

Price request for AB muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2007 | 05:44 AM

Price request for AB muffler delete

I am interested in the ab muffler delete for the IX... what would price be shipped to 27409 (NC). Also i am not sure where to check for my state's laws concerning exhaust sound level???... is there even a place to check?

Old Jul 31, 2007 | 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tarmac_IX
I am interested in the ab muffler delete for the IX... what would price be shipped to 27409 (NC). Also i am not sure where to check for my state's laws concerning exhaust sound level???... is there even a place to check?

check your local DMV website. that should have the information for sound levels.
Old Jul 31, 2007 | 10:30 AM
Account Disabled

PM Sent.

-Bill@WORKS
Old Jul 31, 2007 | 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bill@WORKS
PM Sent.

-Bill@WORKS
Thanks... anywhere i can listen to this exhaust b4 purchasing. i am trying to replace as little of the stock exhaust as possible, but also looking for a nice performance sound.
Old Jul 31, 2007 | 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks... anywhere i can listen to this exhaust b4 purchasing. i am trying to replace as little of the stock exhaust as possible, but also looking for a nice performance sound.
You're looking at the right place then. Great products and service!
Old Aug 1, 2007 | 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

Don't have any sound clips on hand for you to listen to. What are the other components in your exhaust system?

-Bill@WORKS
Old Aug 1, 2007 | 04:59 PM

the car is stock for now... i spoke with someone dont remember who, but they did advise that the way the exhaust was made that the cabin noise was not noticeable.... which is a good thing
Old Aug 5, 2007 | 02:48 PM

I had the muffler-delete pipe on my car with a 3" downpipe, test pipe, and Works 3" resonated intermediate pipe and it was pretty loud (actually I got pulled over for it ), so I sold it to a friend and he put it on his car, which has an otherwise stock exhaust, and it's not too loud and sounds pretty good. I say go for it, if you're not planning on changing anything else.
Old Aug 5, 2007 | 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by KrisR
I had the muffler-delete pipe on my car with a 3" downpipe, test pipe, and Works 3" resonated intermediate pipe and it was pretty loud (actually I got pulled over for it ), so I sold it to a friend and he put it on his car, which has an otherwise stock exhaust, and it's not too loud and sounds pretty good. I say go for it, if you're not planning on changing anything else.

finally heard a sound clip and i am ordering one monday... not changing anything else
Old Aug 29, 2007 | 01:57 PM

installed my ab muffler delete on my ix and the sound is throaty and not overdone... will post some pictures for anyone thinking about ordering that particular exhaust... everything else on exhaust is stock and will stay that way... the fitment is great... sort of close to the top of the exhaust cutout on the bumper, but no worries there... spoke to a rep at works and they are running same setup with no ill effects.

i wanted to know what this exhaust would look like with a jdm bumper? is it necessary to use a exhaust shield?

Last edited by Tarmac_IX; Aug 30, 2007 at 06:24 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2007 | 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

i'm running a complete WORKS turbo back, minus the o2 housing anyway, and i don't run the exhaust shield. i don't have a JDM bumper though.
Old Aug 30, 2007 | 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by EuroEclipse
i'm running a complete WORKS turbo back, minus the o2 housing anyway, and i don't run the exhaust shield. i don't have a JDM bumper though.
i bet that sounds nice... just the muffler delete sounds mean enough and i can tell a difference in the car's performance... hopefully will get the dp soon. have any pictures you could send?
Old Aug 30, 2007 | 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

i bet that sounds nice... just the muffler delete sounds mean enough and i can tell a difference in the car's performance... hopefully will get the dp soon. have any pictures you could send?
i'll be glad to take some for you. my exhaust video can be found here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=261332

and the baseline dyno run video here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=265839
Old Sep 4, 2007 | 12:35 AM
Account Disabled

installed my ab muffler delete on my ix and the sound is throaty and not overdone... will post some pictures for anyone thinking about ordering that particular exhaust... everything else on exhaust is stock and will stay that way... the fitment is great... sort of close to the top of the exhaust cutout on the bumper, but no worries there... spoke to a rep at works and they are running same setup with no ill effects.

i wanted to know what this exhaust would look like with a jdm bumper? is it necessary to use a exhaust shield?
Glad your enjoying the WORKS Exhale ABM. Because the JDM bumper gets rid of the rear crash beam and allows the bumper cover to sit closer to the chassis, it gives the illusion that the tip extends out further. We've modified a few of the local cars to shorten the pipe coming out of the muffler canister with success. The "trick" is to just find someone who can do the fabrication in a tidy manner