Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

WORKS hollow front sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 03:10 PM
RT
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WORKS hollow front sway bar?

I see the new hollow front sway bar for the X has been added to the online store, any plans for the same on the earlier Evos, 7, 8, 9? Jamie hinted at something before moving to the midwest, any real plans? We'll certainly be interested in one if it happens.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 11:20 AM
Account Disabled

We had full intentions of offering a hollow front bar for the earlier EVO's, we actually had multiple prototypes made. The problem was that the tight bend radius on the EVO 7/8/9. Every hollow bar we tried ended up with a collapsed tube on the bends. We always strive for a hollow front and solid rear to balance out the weight distribution, but this design just wouldn't be safe on the EVO 7/8/9. Sorry Rick, we tried! =)
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:29 PM
RT
Evolving Member

Thanks Ray. Pete told me about that problem a few years back, when I saw the hollow bars offered for the X I was hoping the problem had been solved. We'll still make a change out front, or I should say, we'll have you guys make the change out front, I don't want to mess with it!

Rick
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RT
Thanks Ray. Pete told me about that problem a few years back, when I saw the hollow bars offered for the X I was hoping the problem had been solved. We'll still make a change out front, or I should say, we'll have you guys make the change out front, I don't want to mess with it!

Rick
Haha, sound good Rick! Just give us a call and schedule an appointment when you're ready!