Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

Product Announcement: Brain Flash P2

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:02 AM
slt
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Product Announcement: Brain Flash P2

Originally posted by Rifkin@WORKS
Price: $749

So, whats the hp difference between a P2 and a P1 with a boost controller?
Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ytsejam
will there be any dyno graph for P2 only without the aperture & exhale?
That is what I would like to see as well as I don't plan to do any mods that the dealer can see and obviously the Exhale is and if the dealer looks hard enought he may notice the replaced throttle body. Lets see a dyno with just the P2 overlapped on the P1 and stock.

I currently have the 93 Flash and this looks like a very promising upgrade, but I don't want the exhaust or throttle body.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

hey cayman,
did u get the chance to dyno your EVO after the 93 flash?
i'd like to know how many hp gain?

thx
Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ytsejam
hey cayman,
did u get the chance to dyno your EVO after the 93 flash?
i'd like to know how many hp gain?

thx
Never had a chance to dyno the car before and after the 93 flash as the nearest dyno is a Mustang dyno and I don't like the numbers I've seen them produce compared to dynojet. There have been a few post that show the 93 octane flash dyno and it really does produce power as the WORKS site claims, but I think before I do get the upgraded boost Flash I will drive to a place that has a dynojet and do a before and after test of the P1 to the P2.

Oh and just out of curiosity, what is the % of hp loss for the EVO. At the wheels compared to the flywheel? 23% sound about right?

Last edited by caymandiver75; Oct 8, 2003 at 07:14 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

$795 Damn...for $595 you can get a boost controlled reflash plus a hour of dyno tuning with Dynoflash
Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Are you crazy! For that much I'll go with the XEDE.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 07:39 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Hmm the XEDE is an absolute steal compared to this. for Works as the just fossilized themselves
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Hey you guys talking about xede and dynoflash remember you for what you get. I have the P1 and track the car so I put the stress test to it and the flash is solid. It is like having a FQ300 version of the car never stalled in hot traffic or nothing so it is a rock solid upgrade. Those others pushing the car boost and A/F higher just remember if you guys cranking boost dont do conerods and head bolts you better save up for a blown rod rebuild. Just ask any real 4g63 tuner or mechanic not some over night got an evo here are some maps have fun kinda of tuners!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:20 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Sounds resonable from the dynographs works dropped there is no worry about making enough power to put any stress on the 4g63

Originally posted by BLKEVO8
Hey you guys talking about xede and dynoflash remember you for what you get. I have the P1 and track the car so I put the stress test to it and the flash is solid. It is like having a FQ300 version of the car never stalled in hot traffic or nothing so it is a rock solid upgrade. Those others pushing the car boost and A/F higher just remember if you guys cranking boost dont do conerods and head bolts you better save up for a blown rod rebuild. Just ask any real 4g63 tuner or mechanic not some over night got an evo here are some maps have fun kinda of tuners!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was seriously going to order in less than two weeks, but that price is too high. I do realise that you guys put a lot of work into this and I hope that you do well with it, but that is way too rich for me. I gues its either the Xede or the Apexi F-con for me.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Assuming a 25% loss in power from the flywheel to the wheels with the P2 flash making 250hp that makes the EVO a 340hp beast! Bye Bye STI hehe
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DYNOFLASH all the way.
it has been the best mod i have done to my car so far.
holds the boost and it pulls like mad when you are at WOT.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it just me or wasn't the price for the P1 flash set at $450 yesturday? I just went to the Works site and it is at $500 today and this is for the old flash. Actually I am posotive that the price has been changed, I was going to order it and a few other things and found where I had it writen down! Come on guys, I think that just about everyone here respects what you do, but that is a bit over the top. I do like what has been done with the P2 reflash and if it come down to a more realistic level then I would buy, but that level of pricing should not be based off of a newly inflated price of the P1 flash. If there is a difference in the P1 now to what it was yesturday then I did not see it.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by joeycoates
Is it just me or wasn't the price for the P1 flash set at $450 yesturday? I just went to the Works site and it is at $500 today and this is for the old flash. Actually I am posotive that the price has been changed, I was going to order it and a few other things and found where I had it writen down! Come on guys, I think that just about everyone here respects what you do, but that is a bit over the top. I do like what has been done with the P2 reflash and if it come down to a more realistic level then I would buy, but that level of pricing should not be based off of a newly inflated price of the P1 flash. If there is a difference in the P1 now to what it was yesturday then I did not see it.
It appears as though you can save some money buy buying the P1 for 500 and then upgrading to P2 for 200 totaling 700 dollars compared to buying the P2 outright for 750.00

of course this depends on shipping charges etc..
Old Oct 8, 2003, 09:23 AM
slt
Evolved Member

Originally posted by caymandiver75

It appears as though you can save some money ..
like when my g/f buys two shirts b/c the second one was half off and says, I'm saving you money!" It still seems like I'm $60 poorer

Quick Reply: Product Announcement: Brain Flash P2