Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

Product Announcement: Brain Flash P2

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I belive the $600 is for new customer group buy 20+ people buying at the same time. But in any case Mojo as an existing customer they should have sold the P2 to you at a MAX $100, I don't think they should have jacked up the price to this level for old and new customers.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:25 PM
slt
Evolved Member

the $600 price is after we get atleast 20 people to commit to a group buy. Go organize one of those and then start *****ing.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

I don't care if it is a group buy. I was told that I would get a significant discount over any new P2 customer. That's not what's happening. Any new P2 customer can get in on the group buy. Hell I could have got in on the P2 group buy and still saved money even as a prior P1 customer. But I purchased the same day it came out based on what I was told by WORKS. This is not good business. This has little to do with money either, it's principle. If you tell prior customers they are going to recieve a discount over any new P2 customers then 2 days later they find out it's BS it's wrong period! I would have waited for the P2 to come out and not even purchased the P1. I bought based on what I was told by WORKS and now find out I'm paying more than new customers? Something is not right here I know that much.

slt,
why should I have to organize anything as a prior customer. I should get the discount based on what WORKS told me when I bought the P1 and the P2. WTF is your problem?

Last edited by mojo; Oct 9, 2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:49 PM
slt
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mojo
But I purchased the same day it came out ...
Exactly.

We still only have 11 commited participants and so far, only 6 of those have put down deposits with just three weeks untill deadline. We still have a ways to go before we hit 20 people and get a 20% discount. Its not like people are just going out and signing up for 20% discounts. This whole thing may not even happen so get you panties out of your *** and settle down.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:52 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by slt
the $600 price is after we get atleast 20 people to commit to a group buy. Go organize one of those and then start *****ing.

Not cool man this dude isnt whining lots of people are dissappointed with the new pricing and false promises. It is ABSOLUTELY wrong to charge the people who got you off the ground and put food on the table throughout the whole start up just to intice new buyers and charging the premium to the ol customers that have no choice but to pay it if they want to keep up with the new guys
Old Oct 9, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

slt,
If your going to quote put the whole quote in asswipe.

But I purchased the same day it came out based on what I was told by WORKS.

Last edited by mojo; Oct 9, 2003 at 02:08 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:01 PM
MP5
In Timeout

slt,
If your going to quote put the whole quote in asswipe.

I wish I could make that my signature
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:06 PM
slt
Evolved Member

Hey, I'm not happy about the price either. The group buy is probably dead b/c of it. I don't however, appreciate someone *****ing about our GB when he has no clue as to how hard it is to set up and execute one of these things.

If I wanted the chip today and didn't want to have to deal with months of planning and organinizing a bunch of strangers on a message board, guess what, I would make a minute long phone call and have it installed by the end of the week.
Cost; $750.
Thats $100 more than mojo, a previous customer.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

I think it is a little pricey too but, in my business I give discounts for quantity purchases as well.
You are not comparing apples to apples, if one person walked in off the street they would pay full price.
Don't make it sound like anyone can get it for $600 except poor little old you.

Edit...

You are ignoring the facts by saying "I don't care".
It does not matter whether you care or not.
You also said you would get better pricing than ANY new customer. Are you sure they said ANY new customer including any special discounts or coupons or anything?
I would find that very hard to believe.

Last edited by TragicallyHip; Oct 9, 2003 at 02:21 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

slt,
I'm not *****ing about your group buy, don't you get it? More power to you. I'm just stating to WORKS (not you) that I will now be paying more than new P2 customers based on the group buy price. Obviously WORKS gave you that price structure. That is what I have a problem with, not you, well that is until you stuck your nose in my business. Why don't you read things in context then maybe you would understand what I'm saying. I'm speaking to WORKS as an already paying customer. I could give a **** what you do or don't do. Get a clue man. I can't say it any clearer than I already have.

Last edited by mojo; Oct 9, 2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:19 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Well no doubt then we are getting the "WORKS"
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

slt,
I'm not *****ing about your group buy, don't you get it? More power to you. I'm just stating to WORKS (not you) that I will now be paying more than new P2 customers based on the group buy price. Obviously WORKS gave you that price structure. That is what I have a problem with, not you, well that is until you stuck your nose in my business. Why don't you read things in context then maybe you would understand what I'm saying. I'm speaking to WORKS as an already paying customer. I could give a **** what you do or don't do. Get a clue man.
If you don't want any comments maybe you should get a clue and not use a public forum to discuss this.

Maybe you should PRIVATE MESSAGE them.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:25 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Ah thats BS- this is absolutely the right context to do this
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TragicallyHip

If you don't want any comments maybe you should get a clue and not use a public forum to discuss this.

Maybe you should PRIVATE MESSAGE them.
Maybe if you were here with me you wouldn't be talking at all
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

i am waiting to see how WORKS respond to all these complaints.
hopefully they'd be willing to lower the price.
if not, then off i go with other reflashes.

Quick Reply: Product Announcement: Brain Flash P2