Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

Works Boost ReFlash for $600

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:04 PM
slt
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Works Boost ReFlash for $600! (MW only)

The following only applies to those living in these states: CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

For those who don't know, we have been settng up a group buy on the works boost reflash for a while now. The deal is 10% off if we get 4 or more buyers, 15% if we get 10 or more buyers and 20% if we get 20 or more buyers.

$750 - 20% = $600!

If your sitting on the fence, the time to act is now. If we can get enough people in on this, the p2 chip becomes much more affordable. Also, with 10 or more people, we get on site flashing (St. Louis) which will get you before and after dyno charts of your new toy. THis is a great opportunity on an extensively developed chip for all interested.

Please see this thread for complete details
Works Group Buy, Midwest

Last edited by slt; Oct 8, 2003 at 12:44 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

does it count if you want to upgrade from P1 to P2?
Old Oct 8, 2003, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

You forgot to include Ohio. You mentioned all the surrounding states to Ohio though. I guess Ohio is excluded heh?
Old Oct 8, 2003, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

yeah you forgot TN
Old Oct 8, 2003, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did not see Texas on there either, and $600 is actually closer to where I thought the price should have been to start with!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 01:12 PM
slt
Evolved Member

You caught me, I just cut and pasted the states fromt the regional forums page (OH = Northeast, TN = Southeast). I was told that this GB only counts for those in the "Midwest" So....now the question is what is the "midwest"? I would think OH and TN would count
Old Oct 8, 2003, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, just wanted to follow-up on this thread, as I am the one running the midwest region Works Gb and Dyno Day activity.

Originally when I set the gb up with David about a month ago, we had talked about the discounts structure, and rules of engagement to be a part of the gb. This data is pretty much outlined in the link in Slt's initial post at the front of this thread.

During my discussions with David, we talked about the fact that some folks may want to be a part of the gb, but might not be able to make the trip to St.Louis for the dyno-day. David felt that this would be ok to offer this to folks who weren't going to be able to make the date, and for some reason could not be a part of the gtg/dyno-day. He did mention of course that regular shipping costs would apply to those folks, as opposed to the on-site reflash solution.

Since David has been out of pocket, my recent discussions with Rifkin have been specifically oriented towards keeping the gb in the midwest region. It was agreed that the "Midwest Region" was to be defined by the states that are specifically which is currently defined by evolutionm.net.

The recent announcement of the P2 product has sparked some interest on the part of folks wanting to get in on the gb. I have had discussions with the Works guys today, and here is where we currently stand:

1) The original discount structure still applies to the gb
2) This gb is open to the Midwest region only, as defined by the states outlined in the evolutionm.net midwest region forum.
3) There is a maximum cap of 20 participants, with a limit of 5 that can be allowed to participate without attending the gtg/dyno-day. This ensures dyno activities won't exceed time constraints to dyno, install the P2, and re-dyno.
4) If there is anyone outside of the midwest region that would like to make the trip to participate in the dyno day event, they can also participate in the gb. This may sound goofy, but there are probably a few people in states like TN, OH, AR, that may be interested in making the trip to get the on-site re-flash, the discount, and be a part of the dyno day gtg.

Again, based on discussions with Works today, the number of maximum participants will be limited to 20. Only five can be remote participants. When contacting Works you need to let them know if you will be on-site or remote. Its basically going to be a first come first serve deal regarding the five slots.

Btw- Based on my original discussions with David the P2 gb will also includes brain flash upgrades as well.

Sorry for any confusion or concerns, but hopefully this will help clear things up. Btw- I think Works is always open to discussing other regional dyno day events, and anyone interested in discussing this kind of future event should contact either David or Rifkin to discuss logistics, etc.... .

N10S
Old Oct 8, 2003, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Count me in!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

CA gets no love...
Old Oct 8, 2003, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Since when is OHIO not in the midwest??! How can Michigan and KY be in the midwest and not Ohio when Ohio is right smack in between them? It is a mistake...simply put..that Ohio is in the Notheast forum...someone needs to look at a map.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by IS2000
CA gets no love...
For those in the Western States, WORKS and I are currently working out a group buy on the PI & P2 boost control for the Nov 15th Dyno Day . Stay tuned .
Old Oct 8, 2003, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

And in the lonely ole Northeast?!?
Old Oct 8, 2003, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here inthe northeast we have dynoflash
and i think it is cheaper

Originally posted by Daveyd
And in the lonely ole Northeast?!?
Old Oct 9, 2003, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

So people will be getting the GB P2 upgrade by mail for less than I paid as a prior P1 customer! That really sucks for me. Why wouldn't works offer prior customers the same or better discount!
That is just wrong and not at all what they told me when I purchased the P1. I was told that prior P1 customers would be getting a significant discount. I paid $200 for the P2 on top of the $450 I originally paid for the P1 plus shipping it twice (over $100).

WORKS will definately be loosing a good customer if they don't straiten out there price structure and treat prior customers correctly. This is just WRONG!
Old Oct 9, 2003, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

The Midwest region gb is specifically oriented to produce enough interest for an on-site re-flash session in St.Louis with Works.

There is a limited amount of participation (5max)which will be able to participate via mail-order absentee within the midwest region. Everyone else will have to be on-site at the dyno day to participate.

The discount levels are based on participation numbers and 4-9=10%, 10-19= 15% , and 20% if we reach the cap of 20 participants.

So the $600 price is a potential target, but not a guarantee by any means. The discounts also apply to the P2 upgrade, but factored against a lower price of $200 have much less impact to price discount.

N10S

Quick Reply: Works Boost ReFlash for $600