Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

93 Octane Brain flash DYNO results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 93 Octane Brain flash DYNO results

My "Friend" has a bone stock silver EVO with just the WORKS 93 octane brain flash. The results were very impressive. On the downside the a/f ratio device was not working properly, so they were not able to get an accurate read out. They tried switching the cable out and it didn't make a difference. The box was rather ragged looking and I'm not sure I would want it reading a/f ratios on my friends car anyway. The DYNO chart speaks for itself. If there was an a/f ratio problem it would have shown in the numbers. Way to go WORKS!! Next week he is going to send his ECU back to WORKS for the P2. He will again dyno the car at the same place and post the results overlapping this P1 result.

Conditions:
Absolute barometric pressure: 29.96 in.Hg.
Vapor pressure: 0.078 in.Hg.
Air Temperature: 79.6 F

Last edited by caymandiver75; Oct 9, 2003 at 06:39 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

what's the stock #s?

good #s, i am going to bring my car in for the P2 next 2 week
Old Oct 9, 2003, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Because the A/F ratio monitor was not working properly I have removed the a/f lines from the chart, so that it doesn't mislead anyone. Here are my friends 2 runs today with just the WORKS P1 93 Octane flash on top of a stock EVO with exede.

Old Oct 9, 2003, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

So are you saying that on the same day and the same dyno the Works reflash made 22hp more than an an Evo with the Xede?
You say baseline with Xede...was it your friends car that had the Xede before the reflash? If this was two different cars on different days it's can be pretty misleading info...especially if it is different dynos.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by broeli
So are you saying that on the same day and the same dyno the Works reflash made 22hp more than an an Evo with the Xede?
You say baseline with Xede...was it your friends car that had the Xede before the reflash? If this was two different cars on different days it's can be pretty misleading info...especially if it is different dynos.
I think the green one is stock.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Yes the green one is of my friends stock EVO. I had them overlay my graph with his.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Just installed the P2 flash and all I can say is "weeeeeeeee" Will have it on the dyno next week and have them overlay the results on top of my P1 results that are shown above. Way to go WORKS!! The car is noticiably faster and actually seems smoother than the P1 flash. Install was easy! After sliding the metal clamps up on the hose, I used a flat head screw driver and pushed the hoses off and used a puff of windex on the new hoses and they slid right on. The new T hose assembly that WORKS supplied looks IDENTICAL to the factory one, so there is no need to worry that the dealer will notice. Brain flash P2 is a total stealth mod that has real results. Can't wait to dyno next week

Last edited by caymandiver75; Oct 17, 2003 at 05:15 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Just installed mine last night as well. The long flat-blade screwdriver trick is exactly what I did, and the clamp pops right back. Haven't driven the car yet, but am getting ready to head to work and will give you seat-of-the pants and boost level details later today.

I am planning on having the car dynoed next week some time and will also have some numbers off of a dyno dynamics dyno.

N10S
Old Oct 17, 2003, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by N10S
Just installed mine last night as well. The long flat-blade screwdriver trick is exactly what I did, and the clamp pops right back. Haven't driven the car yet, but am getting ready to head to work and will give you seat-of-the pants and boost level details later today.

I am planning on having the car dynoed next week some time and will also have some numbers off of a dyno dynamics dyno.

N10S
Do you have a boost gauge? What other mods do you have? How does the dyno dynamics dyno differ from the dynojet in terms of numbers?
Old Oct 17, 2003, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

caymandiver, (or anyone else)

Is that a P2 93 octane or P1 93 octane?
Does Works have a P2 93 octane yet?
Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2003, 07:27 AM

They've got a 93 octane P2 - mine should be here sometime this afternoon. I wish I could get dyno #s, but the closest AWD dyno is 3 hours away.

Ryan
Old Oct 17, 2003, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RyanS2K
They've got a 93 octane P2 - mine should be here sometime this afternoon. I wish I could get dyno #s, but the closest AWD dyno is 3 hours away.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan
I am psyched.
There is no awd dyno here either.
Gotta go call WORKS.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

The P2 I installed last night is a 93 octane version. I am running a Works Exhale pipe, and I do have a boost gauge installed.

So far the results have been impressive. Very smooth power delivery, and whether from a roll-on or standing start, I get a spool-up with a very brief spike to right around 20psi then it holds boost at 19psi through redline if I keep it WOT.

Overall drivability seems very similar to the P1, although maybe a tad smoother. The power increase is nice, and I had an e36 M3 that rolled-up on me this morning, and I rolled away and left him easily. I slowed, but he hung back to avoid the reality of public humiliation

Btw- The new hose assembly comes with everything including new hose clamps. The assembly appears to be a factory part to me. You can always rely on Works to put together a really buttoned-down package, and their P2 product is another fine example!

Keep up the good Work(s) guys!

N10S
Old Oct 19, 2003, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by N10S
Btw- The new hose assembly comes with everything including new hose clamps. The assembly appears to be a factory part to me. You can always rely on Works to put together a really buttoned-down package, and their P2 product is another fine example!

Keep up the good Work(s) guys!

N10S
Thanks, N10S. No point in us offering a "stealth" ECU mod, if the hardware we supply with it gives away the story. The P2 hardware needed to sustain peak boost throughout the power band is visually indistinguishable from the factory piece it replaces.

-- DavidV
Old Dec 2, 2003, 03:47 PM

David,

I am assuming the answer to this is going to be "we always recommend a boost gauge whenever any modification is done to affect boost", however if I plan on doing no engine / exhaust mods other than the reflash - would the P1 or P2 reflash be safe without a boost gauge?

I am in Denver, CO as well, and we see about 4 psi atmospheric pressure less than the guys at sea level.

Does anyone know of a good stealth mounting spot for a boost gauge in the Evo? I just came over from a WRX - and there were more mounting options it seems