Notices
WORKS - California WORKS is a tuning shop that specializes in the Lancer Evolution. They in-house design performance products for the Evo, so if you have a request come on in and let them know! [Visit Site]

David You locked the thread??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:13 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David You locked the thread??

Wait not a damn bit of tuning happened on a dyno day?? What was the purpose of the expense of renting the dyno? Why not just upload maps at 7/11 slugging back some 40oz and admiring BOVs and CAIs?
Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

So people could dyno their car afterwards to see the gains on their car, I would assume.

Why he locked the thread:

Lastly, none of the above should be interpreted as an invitation for vendors to debate the merits of ours, or their own products, here on the WORKS forum.
It does not sound like he wants to discuss this with other tuners (of which David is not) - only customers. This is something I pointed out and disagreed with. Having a discussion about these kinds of things is good for the community. Obviously there is a philosophical difference present.

Last edited by jansolo; Nov 3, 2003 at 05:34 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:33 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by jansolo
So people could dyno their car afterwards to see the gains on their car, I would assume.
No baselines were recorded though
Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MP5

No baselines were recorded though
Okay, then make that theoretical gains!
Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jansolo

Okay, then make that theoretical gains!
Everyone who came got a baseline except for the one customer who came late and opted to just go ahead with the install. Everyone went home with two pieces of paper, one showing power, afr and boost before the P2, the other showing this info after.

As Jan pointed out, people like to see how their cars did before and after the P2 -- hence the point of a dyno day.

Lastly, the thread was closed because I had said my peace, Brett had his opportunity to respond, and anything further would have only taken away from the event.

Thanks again,
DavidV
Old Nov 3, 2003, 06:18 PM
In Timeout

MP5 - why do you think they havn;t at least posted up any of the dyno sheets? I agree with you its silly to waste all that time to strap down the cars and unstrap them and not take the opportunity to fine tune and adjust them. However, if you read the article on the Works Rally web site you will learn and understand that dyno tuning is a WATSE of time and the only way to tune a car properly is with a off the shelf generic map tuned by Works. Stop watching those old movies and get into the new age man.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 06:30 PM
In Timeout

It seems from the one dyno sheet I saw that they at least got in the right direction on the a/f curve and have it running nice and rich for saftey so I compliment them on that but wonder why they wont post up the other dyno sheets?
Old Nov 3, 2003, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We haven't posted because we're out driving out cars!

I'll post when I can get away from work... I baselined 209, and after the P2 I got 237.

Bone stock - 28 whp gain.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

I think you guys are missing the best part about WORKS P1/P2 products - the fact they do not involve custom tuning. I would have no idea how to do this, nor would I want to take the time, nor would I want to pay for the extra dyno time involved.

It's in - out - you're done. Smooth, sweet, fast, beneficial.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

I probably shouldn't be here but I'd just like to point out that the XEDE doesn't require any custom tuning either. That ability is just there if you should need it.

shiv
Old Nov 3, 2003, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

David,locked out of correct thread but was just speculating on the P2 based off of no positive reviews coming from people at the Dyno Day. From what i read tonight i apologize for my premature comments and it appears the the flash p2 did very well at the event. Being a couple of hp off of Shivs products is not bad. I still wish you guys could Dynotune with the p2. To sell me and possibly others more info on future Hp enhancing products would help. The full exhaust needs to come out soon along with the Works cams. get me 60-70hp on 91oct and i would very interested. 28 hp with the p2 is great and I am leaning your way but can Works get my Evo to 60-70 reliable in the next 6 months.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Probably not on 91 oct. can Works get me in the 60-70 hp range. Shiv can with Stage 1+ so now i'm leaning toward Shiv. Either way i am coming to SF.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by IE Evo
Probably not on 91 oct. can Works get me in the 60-70 hp range. Shiv can with Stage 1+ so now i'm leaning toward Shiv. Either way i am coming to SF.
Well, if it makes any difference in your decision making process, WORKS is going to be offering each of these power enhancers with all mapping done through the Brain Flash:

- Custom Cams (Unique to WORKS -- A perfect compromise between the HKS 264s and 272s)

- WORKS Vapor (Water Injection -- Custom WORKS Mapping and Brackets)

- WORKS Turbo Kit (Not the usual GT30/37, but something very different and worth checking out)

With these innovative products, WORKS is on course to show that the Brain Flash is capable of producing some truly impressive horsepower numbers. A mere 60-70 hp will not be an issue, so stay tuned!

We'd love to have you stop by and meet you in person. Look us up when you are in town.

-- DavidV
Old Nov 3, 2003, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Evoitis1
MP5 - why do you think they havn;t at least posted up any of the dyno sheets? I agree with you its silly to waste all that time to strap down the cars and unstrap them and not take the opportunity to fine tune and adjust them. However, if you read the article on the Works Rally web site you will learn and understand that dyno tuning is a WATSE of time and the only way to tune a car properly is with a off the shelf generic map tuned by Works. Stop watching those old movies and get into the new age man.
I know David already corrected this, but those of us who got the P2 also got a baseline dyno. I doubt David went through flying in from San Fran. and driving around that rental Cavalier just to flash our cars at a 7-11. The dyno day was set up so people could see what kind of hp they were making. Would the car still drive as awesome as it does without me getting on the dyno? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that I, like any other person modding their car, would like to know just how much power I am making.

PS- I posted my dyno sheets both in the other thread started by David and my picture thread in the Show and Shine section. Like Nathan said, we have all been out enjoying the P2 flash.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

I believe the WORKS focus is on making everything work great with *their* products. Xede is for people that like to mix and match different off the shelf components and they *have* to tune to get the best performance out. WORKS tries to bring a solid (but as of yet seriously incomplete) product line that revolves around the Brain Flash.

WORKS caters to customers like me...those that wish to install it and forget it. I seriously do not care about tuning my car every week...way to busy with other things for that. I am seriously impressed with their design philosophy and approach, but like a good consumer I am still waiting on more product offerings: complete exhaust upgrade, clutch 'fix', WWI, Intake, etc. 'Tuning' a car like the EVO I suspect is not like tuning a DSM...I am not going to pretend I have the capability to do so effectively. My 'demographic' is the guy that wants to pay for it to be all one package, and have the backing of a warrenty.

From what I have seen, the St. Louis dyno day was a great success...and I wish I could have been there. I know there is an interest in making a get together in Dallas this month (the 9th?), but it is shaping up like that might be a no go. Regardless I am sold on WORKS, but I am sure my patience is bad for their business

Quick Reply: David You locked the thread??